What: 5m rec d&d / core soon / LR pm
Why: Base
Last hard: Y'day
Last rest: Sat

Have a good day folks!

Comments

• mavamava ✭✭✭

good morning all.

Lot's of good running and racing yesterday.  Congrats to all - RFJ for another shiny new PB and hilly particularly for second lady.   I know there were others but I can't recall them all!  

So hopefully a big WELL DONE will suffice....

What: just shy of 2 miles d&d
    Why: better than nothing
    Last hard: that definitely was
    Last rest: 9 November

Have a good day

• Morning all,

What: 1 measly mile am d&d. 5 Miles Pm if I can fit it in
    Why:Base training and trying to build a bit of a streak
    Last Hard: Yesterday
    Last Rest: 7 days

Tummy trouble this morning and felt pretty awful so canned the run after a mile to live to fight another day.

Sounds like I have a load of reading back to do from the weekend so best get on to it.

Happy runnings y'all!

• Morning All

Yesterdays thread was almost a return to teh glory days of yore!

Congrats to RFJ/BR/Hilly/Hips/TT/Dustin/popsider and apologies to those I have forgotten

What: 7 miles tempo with club tonight
    Why: The only way is up
    Last Hard: November to date
    Last rest: 8 days.

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Morning all

lyrics: maybe
    What: stuff but nothing serious
    Why: still resting and recovering
    Last hard: Saturday
    Last rest: Tuesday 11th Nov

Some fab racing and reports to read about over the weekend

NICE
  • PodroPodro ✭✭✭

Morning all

LizzieB - nice to see you back again. Are you going to try to get in the Fred Whitton this year?

RFJ - great PB. Sounds like your pacers were also good motivators image

TmR - I can't usually run at race pace but managed to get up to MP on long runs recently by doing it as an interval session. Sarted at 3 miles MP+60, 1 mile MP over a 20 mile run. It was hard to start but I managed it except at the very end. Later on upped it to 2miles MP+60 to 1mile MP.During the next marathon training block I'll do some 1:1 sessions.

Dustin - well done on the HellRunner. Sounds like fun. I hope they had showers at the end of it.

BR/hilly - well done in your race, esp. for 2nd. Look forward to seeing you at races in God's Own County again.

PH - fantastic PB and a course record in the same weekend. You have beome a lithe, sleek running machine.

TT - a PB is a PB even if you didn't enjoy the race.

I ran a couple of X-Cs this weekend. One on Saturday (112th, 4th club counter) and one on Sunday (41st, full results not out yet). Met mellifera and Mr M at the startwhich was nice. Both nice courses although the Sunday course was more of a trail race than a X-C.

What: 8 miles easy, pm swim
    Why: mileage, swimmage
    Last hard: yesterday

• LOL Sharkie – never heard of Bingo wings before !

RFJ – awesome – Gosport in the wind can be pretty breezy – very impressive how you maintained pace

BR – must get to recognise you at these events – great time !

Hilly – fabulous too !  I must post before doing a race that I will be there …

PH – 5k PB by 7 mins … .wow .. great Cornish marathon with a 20 min best 

Well I did Wimborne 10 yesterday ... got a big PB by nearly 3 minutes ... 59:14 so pretty pleased.  I kept even splits for the first and second half but my mile times were no way as regular as BRs.  I had to work hard for it though as training this last 6 weeks has been all over the shop for personal reasons and the Sydney Marathon. I ran faster through 10 miles at the Chippenham half so have lost a little pace, but not too much !  And a kilo or two has gone on.  Need to get set now for the December marathons.

• oh yes, bingo wings that flap when you put your arm up to shout house ! best kept covered up but no way anyone on here could have them surely

that's a fantastic pb DM , also yesterdays from RFJ is tremendous and something special twice from hipps

i love that TT you got a pb and felt awful. just shows how well you're doing to have expected so much more

nice work hilly and br too

tough race dustin - did sharkie recommend that one to you image

nice to see AF coming back into strong form

hi to lizzy B and congratulations on the extra B

cross country 2 days in a row is a bit of a penance podro - good work

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

Afternoon , thanks for the congrats after yesterdays hellrunner. There was a photographer at the end of the water feature , if there's one of me I'll post the link.
    Meant to say , got in yesterday and mrs D said "why don't you put your trainers through the washing machine?" They smell of autumn sunshine now.....
    Further well dones to BR, Hilly, DM , Hipps (twice), Podro (twice), TT, and there must be an obligatory omission...(sorry if its you)
    Nice long runs too from Mike and Pammie.
    Legs a little jaded (to say the least) so will do an easy 3-4 later to stretch them out.

Cheers

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hellrunner results are up, 1:24:02 gun (1:22:28 chip, not sure I believe that, I had about 30s to pass go, but all the chip times look 60-90s out). Place 147 out of 1847, and apparently 14th in category.....
  • Morning all,

well what a weekend! RFJ stands out and Hilly and BR racing again and taking the world by storm - are you settled now?  Congrats Hippo on back to back excellent races. Dustin hope your shoes will be good - mine never seem to survive a trip through the machine - and well done! TT, indeed a PB is a PB, hope the base training continues to go well. DM, awesome and hope things are settling for you on the home front. Sorry if I missed anyone.

We are back from the brutally cold and windy Blacksburg (where Virginia Tech is, in the news last year for awful reasons) - don't think I have ever been so cold. Sean had mechanicals on TWO bikes in the Sat pm race but was 7th on Sunday. 

What: 2k easy swim
    Why: taper
    Last hard: turbo last night was brutal, run in the freezing wind at lunchtime yesterday not much easier
    Last rest: 20 Oct

Good runnings all.

• Lyrics - no
    Bingo wings - hopefully not
    Training  - not today
    Last Hard - yesterdays XC certainly cleared out a few cobwebs

Good placing Dustin, well done on the 5k Hipps - good milestone there that's - sub 7 minute miling is going some, RFJ - excellent PB

• Morning all,

Looks like yesterday was officially a 'super Sunday'!

Well done everyone on the shiny new PB's, DM, RFJ, Hipps and TT!

hilly great 2nd place!

and everyone else who raced and LSR'd!

What: Easy 6 miles

Why: Easy start to the week.

Last Hard: Yesterday, but only as I got caught in a tropical rainstorm 3 miles from home!

Lyrics nope, but feel I should

Have a great day.

• Some useful ideas to get used to MP.  Thanks.  BR,  I do sometimes do MP on the track checking every 100m, and I agree it does seem much easier.  I never do it for more than 1 or 1.5ml though, and I think you have done miles and miles like that.  Perhaps I should give it a go.  And Podro, 3ml MP + 1ml MP sounds like an excellent plan too, beginning by keeping the MP chunks quite small might make them feel more manageable.

PH, thats a great 5k PB. well done

TT, a PB out of season, on a bad day at the office sounds OK to me

and DM, another PB when you say you are not at your best

Whar:  4ml easy & gym session
    Why; start of tapering, and I seem to have missed out on my gym session (let alone 2 sessions) last week

• Afternoon everyone, just popping in to see what's going on in the world and ask a specific question regarding biking (as some of you lot do this also).

As the weather was great this weekend, I went out for a ride on Saturday and went to wonderful places like Ackworth, Pontefract then back through Walton (near Wakefield) before returning home severely depleted and 40miles better off. I did this in 3hr08 and consequently felt very knackered afterwards! Is this a good pace for the distance seeing as I am on a flat-barred hybrid bike (not all out road bike)?

Well done to the weekend's racers, I was watching and marshalling the Barnsley 10k yesterday!

• FL - sounds pretty good to me. That's very hilly countryside. What happened to your proper road bike? Didn't you have a Trek 1000?
  • i`ve got a trek 1000 there bloody brilliant i think
  • Hi Trini, yep I do have a Trek 1000 bike but never really got on with the drop handlebars. I didn't feel safe on it and my brother-in-law (who is a good cyclist) remarked that I didn't look safe on it either! I wanted a fast bike with flat bars so got the hybrid bike.

Due to Saturday's ride I am actually off work today with a very swollen throat and glands (something that happens when I push it too hard), so maybe I did too much!

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

hi all

big well dones all round though I must read back.

what: few miles later

why: not much done at the weekend, toothache and general feeling of tiredness kept it all easy

last hard: sunday morning (not even 3 miles) was hard

last easy: sat 15th

take care

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Afternoon all,

RFJ: Great PB - and excellent pacing;  it doesn't look like the wheels came off though.  Just think what you'll do when you add sideburns and a zapata to the goatee. 

TMR:  I find PMP pretty hard to hit in training for any serious length.  Apart from a couple of PMP long runs, which are usually races, I tend to go by the P&D PMP+10% as a better indicator, and let the taper and race conditions deliver the 10%.

Dustin:  Sounds "fun" at the Hellrunner.  A 4 min improvement is pretty good going.

Brilly:  Nice running at Wimbourn.  Looks like you're finally settling in southern parts.

PH: Well done on two great races; the 5k looks particularly good.  I was thinking your mara rate seemd to have slowed in the last few weeks. 

TT:  Look on the bright side:  crap course and a 40s PB; think what you'll do on a good course when your head's right.  Then throw in a goatee... 

Podro:  Some serious XC going on at the weekend.  Well done.

DM:  Well done on the big PB and sub-60.  With all that's going on, you're running amazingly well at the moment. 

• What: 10m with 10x100m strides.  Bit of a break-through run today; back to 2007 pace for this session when recovery runs weren't. 
    • Why:  Recovery and Speed.
    • Last Hard:  Thursday
    • Last Rest:  117 days

Have a good one!

• Evening

AF - Good news pace wise

What: 6 miles easy
    Why: Easy day
    Last Hard: Yesterday

Lyrics: Nope

• What: 4 and a bit up an hill

Why: Still coming back

Suddenly I seem to have turned a corner, just completed todays route in my second fastest time ever - hopefully will soon be back at the same kind of pace as I was before my injury image

Have a good day all.

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Well dones to Dustin and DM, catching up as forgot to say yesterday. Well done.

AF, was only the last 0.2 of a mile the legs just went... nothing left but oh so happy... the sidies are already there too.... didnt take long...!

Loadsa work to do, missed club as home late, so may go on the tready for a bit of a recovery later on.

Take care <><

• mavamava ✭✭✭

evening all.

FL - I felt the same way about the drops on my road bike so I wimped out and had straight bars put onto it (and the bike shop said I was the second person that week to ask them to do that).  I feel much more safe and stable and it's nicer to ride than my mountain bike.  

Lots of great running.  I spent a day at a conference. Yawn.  And another full day out of the office again tomorrow.  double yawn.

Have a good evening. 

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

dying or flying....... me yesterday at Gosport  no 334

RFJ at Gosport No 334

Take care

• what: 8.01 Mile

why:nothing else to do and mate wanted to run

last hard: Amsterdam Marathon

last easy: Thursday 13th

Cheers Pug image

• RFJ - nice pic! Indeed, you bear a passing resemblance to that bloke off the telly, Patrick McGuinness from Max and Paddy!
  • Who's that horrific looking woman in the blue top next to you, RFJ? She should do something about her hat sense, really.
  • Hi All

Some great stuff last weekend , well done all.

Rach - Quite safe to say its not one of your best photo's image.

Three weeks rest post Dublin seem to have sorted out all the major niggles now back into training. 

What: 10M in 77:30
    Why: Back into training
    Last Hard: Way back when.

Lyrics: Nope

• evening

belated congrats to Hippo for the course PB at  Cornish Marathon, also the 5K PB

Also the 10 milers -  DM, BR  great fast times, plus Hilly  with near PB and 2nd place.

TT - you this week, me last week.....still I wouldn't mind that time myself

Hope I've not missed anyone else out from later on yesterday

Rumours of your "retirement" appear to have been greatly exaggerated Pug - racing yesterday, training again today, even posting on DTT again .... image

What: 6.1 miles. Overall time just under 45 mins, but started off at just inside 8:00 pace, feeling v stiff & sluggish, gradually loosened up, and 4.8 to 5.8 was done in 6:17 before winding gently down again. 

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    LOL Rach, but at least you dont look like your are dying.....