Question for all you keen cyclists

13»

Comments

• I would say I was happy with 4 (TT, road, mtb, foldie). Then again I am not sure I fall into the bracket of "keen". More of an enthusiast!
  • I used to have 5 bikes I would use regularly: 

Training (although this was a summer/winter bike, I did have separate wheels with lighter/heavier tyres and different gearing which was so much simpler in the days of 6 speed screw-on blocks)

RR

TT

MTB

Fixie

I currently have 4, but I have compromised here as you'll see.  Unfortunately, my old RR bike is currently in a very sorry state in the shed and in need of restoration (yes, restoration - it's 20 years old now - but still a kick-ar$£ machine!!),

Winter/Training - but only one set of wheels. Yes, yes, I know,  the gear could get corroded by salt so I'll have to buy a new one more often.

RR (currently unusable)

TT (as used during IMCH 2005)

MTB

I feel I do need a new TT bike for the flatter/shorter courses I plan on riding next year and a folding bike (Airnimal?) for when I am away on business and need something to put in the boot. That will bring me  up to a respectable 6 bikes,

• What about the green one with downtube shifters image
  • I put some toe clips and straps on it.... image
  • Ok we got rid of our tandem but havin 2 pirates in one house means we have

2 x TT race bikes

2 x TT training bikes

2 X mountain Bikes

3 Road bikes (winter & race)

So we are down from 10 to single figures once more , we rent track bikes when we go

Now wheels .... thats a whole new question

• PSC wrote (see)
    I would say I was happy with 4 (TT, road, mtb, foldie). Then again I am not sure I fall into the bracket of "keen". More of an enthusiast!

sounds like most of you are enthusiasts image

the biggest "hole" in our/his bike stock seems to be the time-trialler. hopefully he wont decide he needs one of those, i certainly wont be suggesting it!

perhaps i will "let" him have the new bikes after all. now, what can i spend some money on...?