Options

What do you carry with you on long runs?

13»

Comments

• Options

On runs under 10 miles I don't carry anything. Over 10 miles then I will take a drink of Vimto. If I am going further than 15 miles I might take some dates.

If you are prepared to embrase nature then there is no need to take toilet paper. I find that leaves do the job, I usually use the back of the leaf because it has more absorbing power whereas the smooth front spreads it round a bit like school bog paper. (Perhaps dates aren't the best idea on a long run).

I once used tissue to blow my nose on a run (the women I was running with gave it me after I had sniffed for the 100th time) but it just wasn't a very good experience. Firstly, you get bits of tissue stuck on your nose and secondly, you don't get the same satisfaction as using one of the more traditional running techniques - sniff and grob, nose shooter or wipe it on your top. In summer I also use my top to wipe sweat from my eyes but after a few bad experiences I have learnt to use different sections for eye wiping and nose blowing.

• Options
    One of my guilty pleasures since starting running...snot rockets image  (*disclaimer....I run in the country and no one sees me! I don't do it on the treadmill!)
  • Options

Keys (car/house), phone (usually), ID, tissue.  Longer runs will also have gels and, poss, some other food stuff.  Drink - water if shortish run, oj/water/salt mix if longer run.

Races usually the above and poss money/card (mainly cos I don't like leaving things like that in my bag in the kit store).

• Options

Lol! I did the sniff and grob today and the wind carried the contents down the front of my top. Further along I did several 'nose on sleeve' wipes too.

When I got back my white top was streaked with blood... I must have had a mini nose bleed so it was snot mixed with blood... thought I could taste something metallic!

Top's in soak, so hope it comes out image

• Options
    kittenkat wrote (see)
    I think you're moving house not running image
    kittenkat wrote (see)
    Do NOT take that sentence out of context!
    PMSL!
  • Options

I used to take my phone with me even on short runs mainly due to running through chav area but now I just tell Mr CS my exact route and how long I expect to be. 

Short runs (less than an hour) I go empty handed  but anything over that I take a drink of very diluted squash with me (i get dry mouth & its not nice).   Obviously I take keys with me if necessary, probably not a good idea to leave the house unlocked when no-one is home or the car keys in the ignition.  Am doing my 1st HM early next year so will take my phone out with me when I start increasing my mileage just in case I need Mr CS to come get me as I just cant make it up that huge hill home.

Each to their own though, the world would be a boring place if we were all the same.

• Options

I can't do snot rockets to save my life - just end up with contents of my nose on my face instead. If its cold I run in cycling gloves which have in built towelling snot wipes ( true !! ). If its hot I use said tissues or top but don't find technical wicking fabric very absorbant.

and I  can't even bring myself to comment on maxpower ( north) 's comments on leaves / toilet paper.

• Options
    Ika - wiping your arse on a leaf is a very liberating experience, the next time you need a pooh on a run why not give it a try.
  • Options

Maxpower - I would rather die ......image

• Options

"Water, gels, condoms?"

Do you plan on getting lucky when you run or something Silk? image

• Options
    Ika - no you wouldn't.........
  • Options
    Dates - Condoms - Countryside, I thought this was about running?
  • Options
    it is bikermouse - read about it in Runner's Wives...
  • Options
    <backs quietly out of thread>
  • Options
    bikermouse wrote (see)
    Dates - Condoms - Countryside, I thought this was about running?

Isn't this DoggersWorld?

• Options
    Nothing usually but some times some wipes/tissue for those occasions when nature calls image