Options

Friday 28th November

Surprised there's no thread yet....

What: 9m steady d&d / threshold at club pm / core pm
Why: Friday
Last hard: Y'day pm I guess
Last rest: Saturday 22nd

Yesterday's lyrics were: Don't Stop Me Now by Queen.

Have a good day folks!

Comments

• Options

Morning

TT - I was surprised too, glad you started one. I couldn't think of anything

What: 5km race in Hyde Park
    Why: Last Friday of the month
    Last Hard: Tuesday

Have a good day. Lyrics? No But i'm not really awake yet.

• Options

Morning !

Cheers TippTop, like Pammie I coudn't think of lyrics for today.

What: 4M Steady.

Why: Usual reasons.

Have a good one peeps.

• Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭

Was halfway through starting a thread at 7ish, and got dragged into that work-type stuff. So so annoying....
    What - 4 easy
    Why - long run tomorrow (15-17m)

Great weekedns all

• Options

Pammie/birkmyre - happened to be on my mp3 player at the time....

Scobos - nice session y'day btw.

AF - loved the links. Still won't be growing one though. Seriously, a pre-pubescent has more chance of growing decent facial hair than I do..........

Oh, and good luck to TmR at Florence and any other racers.

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭

Morning all

what: short run later followed by 80 min swim lesson/session

why: learning

last hard: yesterday

last easy: 19/11

good luck all racers, good luck all, I have a 6.25 mile xctry race tomorrow in the lovely epping forest, should be good!

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options

Hurrah - someone else started one image

Sorry to TR for the last ten minutes (It was all going so well!)

I am soooooooooo bored of getting punctures - 2 inside this week... the first one in the cold, the latest in the rain... just wanted to get that off my chest

• What: 2km swim d&d - shiraz came along so fast again.... but that's it for the day (although I will cycle but only for little commute purposes)
    • Why: Life, work, etc

Have fun all!

• Options
    mavamava ✭✭✭

morning all.

What: 5.3 miles fairly hard at 6am
    Why: keeping the streak going
    Last hard: bits of that, but it's getting easier
    Last rest: 9th November

Like the pic Wabo. 

Good luck at LFTM Pammie.

Good luck TmR at Florence.

Happy Friday people!  And as it's the last friday of the month it's the London Christmas Social tonight - with awards and prizes and all sorts apparently.  Plus lots of free food. 

• Options

Morning All

What: 3 miles easy in a moment
    Why: Its a easy day have 22 miles planned for tomorrow
    Last Hard: Yesterday
    Last Rest: 8.11.09

• Options

Morning..

Didnt get chance to post yesterday..I am in Surrey at the moment..looking after my grandson  as his mum has gone back to work full time..he is keeping me busy..but I am managing to get out for my runs..and have actually kept to the schedule this week..which I idnt think I would..phew looking after a 5 month old..is VERY TIRING....but back home tomorrow ..

What : 11 miles

Why: medium long run

Last hard: 6 days

Last rest : 5 days

• Options
    Lol, NN, I remember when I lived with my friends and their baby. The best birth-control method I've ever come across image

Yesterday was a rest day, for wednesday night's club session I went with the slightly faster group but was struggling a bit. Hill Head Road was too much for the right calf, so I had to walk up there, and decided to take Thursday off. Just as well, lots of wet stuff coming down anyway.

Today: 4 miles
    Why: why not?
    Last hard: not sure, wednesday was just bad, not hard
    Last rest: yesterday
    Lyrics: no, and I should have got yesterday's but I didn't come along.
  • Options

TB..its the forward planning involved for the simplest things one  has to remember

took my grandson swimming yesterday there is a lovely leisure nearby....

timing the feeds was fun..as I new it would be bang on lunchtime when we got out..so to avoid screaming in the car coming back..I made up a bottle nice and hot and wrapped it in one of the towels...he is very content till he is hungry..then all hell breaks loose..so there was me sat in the changing room..still dripping wet and freezing in my cossie..while he tucked into a nice 8 oz bottle of warm milk..bless...funny isn't it..if it had been one of my own years ago..I would have made him wait...grand kids have a strange effect on the heart strings...
  • Options
    GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    What: 10 miles AM d&d SMOOTH
    ?? Lunchtime
    2 x 2 km progressive PM
    Why: 2 more days until I start training again
    Last hard: yesterday
    Last rest: 11th November
    Lyrics: nah don't think so

AF, I have met TR and he is right about his facial hair.
  • Options

Hi all!

What: 8 mile steady

Why: short run today prior to trail circuit on weekend

Last hard: yesterday - hamstrings are feeling crap today.

Last rest: Monday

Lyrics: Can we have some Schubert, please?

• Options

Lyrics - no
    moustache - no for me
    training - yes - 5 miles (ok I know I said yesterday I was planning 10) with 2 faster miles of 6.24 and 6.15 sandwiched between the other three which were all between 8 and 9 mm.  

Was thinking from TmRs post about weight I should stop thinking about losing a bit and actually do something about losing it - current weight on our scales 12.12 - target between 12 and 12st 3lbs by beginning of March.

• Options

Morning all,

what: possibly a swim
    Why: recovery but it's a holiday so the pool might not be open
    Last hard: Sun
    Last rest: Mon

Good runnings all!

• Options

Afternoon,

What: 5.5M just done
    Why: because I can
    Last hard: Yesterday
    Last rest: Wednesday

Today was supposed to be easy running as I think this week's long run will be tomorrow instead of Sunday.  But I got a bit carried away and ran about 45 secs/mile faster than I planned.  Oh well...

• Options

Afternoon all,

Quiet today; you can almost hear the moustaches growing

• What:  13m
    • Why:  Meant to be easy, but you know what happens...
    • Last Hard:  Yesterday
    • Last Rest:  3 days

Good luck to TMR, and any other racers. 

Have a good one!

• Options

What: nearly 6 including first attempt at intervals in 7 months (10x500m @4:20/km with 1 min recovery).

Why: To see if I can.

The plan was to try to complete as many as possible as near to pace as possible - given that its the first set of intervals in this comeback I didn't expect to get the full 10 in.

2:03 (far too fast!)

2:11

2:19 (couple of gates on footpath to slow me down)

2:13

2:10

2:24 (tiring now)

2:20 (really struggling!)

Bailed after 288m in 1:24

So, 7.5 intervals completed and 5 near enough on pace, but started to seriously tire after those. Not too bad for now and I have a target to aim for next time...

Have a good weekend all

• Options

Evening

5km Race report

It was good to start of altogether asd one race but was caught by surprise by the off so may be a few seconds difference between my time and Malcolms LOL.

I couldn't see any of the regulars there who are just that bit faster than me, but around 2-3km see another lady who has beaten me each time i put in effort to stay ahead she overtakes i overtake. You know how it is then i didn't see her again. I found the first lap hard, but seemed ok in the second in the last km see this tall guy ahead of me i try to get closer. I don't catch up with him till we have both finished when he is talking to friends i go and thank him.

Still can't believe the final km. the 2nd and 3rd i believe were long and short  about 50 -60 metres each one according to Garmin or possibly due to the line i took. Thought surely the 2nd couldn't be that slow

Split time Avg. HR
    5:07 171 (94%)
    5:23 173 (96%)
    4:47 159 (85%)
    5:01 162 (88%)
    4:41 166 (91%)

25:01 by my watch only 3 seconds slower than last month. Don't Believe HR at start think there were some spikes

• Options
    Evening folks...another quiet day.

Pammie - good effort and nice consistency from last month's race.

Did a 3k race at lunchtime today...after a 10min jog and a couple of strides, it was off to the start line. Race started and I was into 5th position. Sat behind the 4th placer for the first 5 or 600 metres, but soon realised  he'd started way too quickly and was struggling, so passed him. The first 3 were still not too far ahead, so I concentrated on keeping them within reach (almost!).Coming towards the 2k mark, one guy (a clubmate) had broken clear, but the 2nd and 3rd placers were still only 10 or 15 metres ahead. Pushed hard over the next 400 metres to try to make contact with them. Just about caught them with about 300 metres to go, but didn't know what I had left...sat in for the next 100 metres then made my move. Quickly moved ahead, so kept pushing to the line...neither of them passed me, so crossed the line in 2nd place, in a new PB of 9.36 or 9.37 (no official times yet). Ran 9.54 in the same race last year, though the course was about 60 metres long then, but either way, a good chunk off my PB. Ran the race completely unrested and felt strong throughout, so well pleased! Pretty perfect racing conditions (cold and almost calm), so everything was sort of conspiring for a good run.

Looking forward to another cold and sunny long run tomorrow morning.

Have a great night.
  • Options
    RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Well raced Pammie and Scobos

What - 8.5m with hamstring cramps and spasums....?
    Why - Dont Know.....?
    Last hard - wondering if I would make it to the office
    Last Rest - Last Fri...

Take care