How do you know when a guy is committed to you?

Comments

• Ok, I'll admit I've skipped ahead a bit as although I wanted to read all the posts for some reason my system is on slo-mo and is doing my head in...  So here is briefly my view on relationships...

If he/she rings you after Wednesday to find out what you're doing this weekend, tell them you're busy even if you're not cos if they've left it that late to ask you then its only cos they haven't had a better offer. 

If he/she critisises the way you eat/speak/dress tell them to f*ck off cos that is what make you you and if they dont like that then they probably dont like the real you enough to form a lasting relationship.  Saying this though, I did recommend to Mr CS that he NEVER wears the snakeskin shoes when he's out with me LOL.

How to tell if he's commited... He introduces you to his parents, he leave stuff at your house & vice versa, he introduces you to his mates, the relationship feels easy/comfortable and the biggie.... He holds your hair back when you're sick image and waits in the bathroom with you until you are capable of moving back to the bed.  That was how I knew Mr CS was a keeper, that and the fact that he didnt go "it's your hormones" every time I was even the slightest bit cranky.  Hate it when men do that!!! image

• Good question Mrs Pig...

My serious answer is another couple of questions ... doesn't it depend on the individual doing the committing and your own personal expectations?

(Says Mr 'I'm never going to commit ever again...  except possibly committ adultery'')

• Caz-mas Soul wrote

He holds your hair back when you're sick image and waits in the bathroom with you until you are capable of moving back to the bed. 

lol

• image Caz you've just given me a very funny flashback but would take far to long to explain. But your given me a big image
  • TBH I am still trying hard to figure  if Mrs P's question is even comprehensible to most blokes.

I suspect that a bloke who is clearly "needing commitment from a woman" might be viewed as needy and desperate by ladies and frankly as being a bit of a wimp by blokes.

But thats just my opinion.

• I buy Mrs B's lady hammocks for her when I do the shop - now THAT'S commitmernt!
  • Jose's remarks made me think of it
  • Cake! image  I gave a Yorkshireman a lift home once from the pub.  The first thing he did was switch my music off and said 'I'm not listening to that!'.  <f*ck off out of my car and walk then, I thought>. 

love and peace to all Yorkshires.  image

• That's a bit of a cranky message Caz Soul, is it your hormones? image

How do I know if a woman is committed, do you know I've really never thought about it before. image

I would say it's pretty much the same stuff isn't it?

I mean men and women aren't too much different really. (well apart from the obvious physical stuff)

I would say though the day I meet a woman who farts in front of me and walks over to talk to me rather than shouting my name across the house/garden/shop and expecting me to run over to her straight away (why do women do that?), I WILL marry her image

• ba humbug Blondiee wrote (see)

Cake! image  I gave a Yorkshireman a lift home once from the pub.  The first thing he did was switch my music off and said 'I'm not listening to that!'.  <f*ck off out of my car and walk then, I thought>. 

love and peace to all Yorkshires.  image

What was the music throuht?
  • I can't remember exactly but it was some kind of ballad...
  • *Whispers While I live here I'm not actually from yorkland just trying for a cheap joke*

If it was Take that and if he didn't say anything your would have know that it was love? Just trying to be back on topic.

• He certainly was lacking a little 'Patience'... cue song...
  • Once you get behind the juvenile macho posturing, I'm willing to bet that quite a lot of blokes pretty much want the same out of a long term serious relationship as most women... which, when you boil it down to its essence is to love and be loved.

Now... where were we with the juvinile macho posturing?

• Jose.Jose. ✭✭✭
    Mistletoe Pig. wrote (see)
    Jose's remarks made me think of it

Sorry Mrs. P,

can you clarify which of my remakrs made you think of what?

• Should happiness and fulfillment be predicated on finding your own "Johnny Christmas"? I'd say not; learn to be happy on your own, without worrying if you've got a partner or not. Society obviously disagrees, and thinks that being half a couple is essential, but society is also a tabloid reading soap opera watcher - ie a fckn moron.

Stressing about whether they are "the one" or not right from the beginning can only give off (most likely) alarming signals and be counter productive, innit.

Be happy with yourself, and the rest will follow, or it won't, but who cares as you'll be perfectly happy either way.

Not that I'm saying that having your own Johnny Christmas wouldn't be nice. I'm sure they're better than chocolate cake, and every girl should have one.
  • Further Auntie Candice agony advice can't be found any more in my regular "take a break" magazine column. They sacked me for heresy. It got ugly.
  • Be happy with yourself, and the rest will follow, or it won't, but who cares as you'll be perfectly happy either way

Nice one guru... do you need an acolyte?.... In a purely platonic mode I stress

• Jimbo Chrimbo wrote (see)

That's a bit of a cranky message Caz Soul, is it your hormones? image

YES IT IS, now give me the fecking chocolate!!!!
  • José wrote (see)

OK, Enough is enough even for you, bunch of "well-intentioned" agony aunties

He is not even her boyfriend and now you are talking of stepfathering and their own kids...

You can scare Lucifer himself with all that talking.

They are in the oh ah! yes yes ohhh yesss type of relationship. Let it be!!! and let the poor guy to enjoy it (I heard Arctic Lady is a very sexy lady) and let AL to enjoy some "free range" uncommitted sex.

I agree with Candy tbh. Needing someone else is the wrong starting point for a relationship. It hands over power and puts pressure on that person.

So I agreed with Jose..... enjoy the moment and don't look further but then I thought maybe that isn't what AL is looking for so.... it got me thinking

• Caz-mas Soul wrote (see)
    Jimbo Chrimbo wrote (see)

That's a bit of a cranky message Caz Soul, is it your hormones? image

YES IT IS, now give me the fecking chocolate!!!!

Ok dear, is this enough........

http://www.diamondblog.com/archives/Big.thailand_chocolate.jpg

.....right I'm off down the pub if it's that time again, see you in 5 days!
  • Jose.Jose. ✭✭✭

Mrs. P. totally spot on.

Now, my questions are:

why people have to commit to you when you want them to do so?

I meant, did he lie about his intentions when you first kissed? did he promise eternal love and now he failed to deliver? If not, why are you expecting him to commit? on which basis? on the basis that you want him to do so?....tricky, is it not?

It is like people who starts a relationship with a football hooligan and then they expect him to quit football.

• Jimbo Chrimbo wrote (see)
    Coops10 wrote (see)

Someone told me I had a cock like a baby.

I can't help the fact it is 2ft and weighs 7lb 8oz.

I thought you was going to say dribbling and can't stand up!
    LOL....very funny!image

• Like I said ealier I'm all for taking things slowly and one step at a time. My frustration was never knowing if I'd see him again the next week. I just want to get to a point we its relaxed enough to know for that sure next week we'll see each other.

But it was really nice last night him saying that his home is always open to me!image

• Is that commitment AL or normal behaviour/communication between friends ?
  • ermmm yes I see what you're sayingimage
  • "Everyone should have their Own Johnny Christmas".

I agree, and my *ss is for hire as always.

I accept gentleman callers and I have a BOGOF deal on the go at the moment.