How do you know when a guy is committed to you?

Comments

• Jose.Jose. ✭✭✭

May not be the case that you look for comitment with somebody that doesn't want to comit.  

He may like you a lot and be happy to be with you and go out with you very often, just he doesn't want to comit, is not ready to comit....

Are you sure you don' rush into comitment instead of partying a bit more?

• arctic lady wrote (see)
    Cake wrote (see)

He might have been waiting for that party for ages or might be the only chance he get's to see some friends before xmas? 

no, its definitely not a party he's been waiting ages for. Its not even a close friend or a birthday, just a party of a friend.

He lives in Newquay so its not like he doesn't get to see them all the time!!!!

Well that case he might just be one of the people like me who would rather eat there own arm than watch x-factor and didn't want to admin it? People can sometimes feel like they are letting the side down if they say it? But anyway think your reading to much into it if he hasn't know you that long and come to think of it I'm the worst person on the planet to offer relationship advice to anyone so I'd best image
  • good point Jose.

Partying is fine for a while but I'd also like to feel that I'm going to see him next weekend not always wondering will I or won't I.

• You just have to ask a person about their relationship history to figure out whether they commit or not, or are any good at relationships or not.  If their relationships are short-lived, say a year or two, and many of them, you know they get bored easily and move on, or their partner's move on for some reason.  They tend to have a repeating pattern.  However, if you meet someone that was committed for a long time, you know he will weather the highs and lows of the storms, so is a better bet.  imho.  image  It's a bit like buying a car... one careful owner  image
  • Cake wrote (see)
    Well that case he might just be one of the people like me who would rather eat there own arm than watch x-factor and didn't want to admin it? People can sometimes feel like they are letting the side down if they say it? But anyway think your reading to much into it if he hasn't know you that long and come to think of it I'm the worst person on the planet to offer relationship advice to anyone so I'd best image
    LOL Cake, actually no he really likes watching it and asked me 2 weeks ago to record it and not watch it until he got to my place, which I did!!
  • I totally agree Blondiee, so given the fact that he's 35 and his longest relationship has been 2 years, what do you reckon?
  • LOL Cake, actually no he really likes watching it and asked me 2 weeks ago to record it and not watch it until he got to my place, which I did!!

Definitely ditch him... he's not normal!  image

• hahaimage this isn't looking good is it.image *gulp, I like him...alot, but I should face facts*
  • I totally agree Blondiee, so given the fact that he's 35 and his longest relationship has been 2 years, what do you reckon?

Do you know how many he has had?  Blimey I feel like I'm dissecting someone now... this feels really wrong, lol...!   Sod it, just list them all... we are going to save you one hell of a lot of heartache here...

• only one relationship of 2 years. the others have been 6 months to a year and I don't know how many he's had of those....
  • image Anyone who watches x-factor when there are better things they can do and are able to leave the house without worrying about kids has to be mental. image
  • I think the answer is shouting at you loud and clear...
  • Jose.Jose. ✭✭✭

Don't ditch him.

Just be you who establishes when and how you are seeing each other. (And that means that you won't see him every weekend as you have to set up some time for yourself without him.. seeing other people perhaps)

• Seriously, about the X-factor taping - that is a family programme so it's quite positive really...just joking earlier.

• AL do you know who tends to end them - is it him or them?  And have they all been with women!!  [sorry image, that's not funny is it?!]...
  • No don't ditch him - you like him!  See if you can change the relationship to one that will last - perhaps become good friends.  He may be looking for a secure female friend that he can talk to/and so on..., but not commit to.  There are lots of blokes around like that. 
  • José wrote (see)

Don't ditch him.

Just be you who establishes when and how you are seeing each other. (And that means that you won't see him every weekend as you have to set up some time for yourself without him.. seeing other people perhaps)

yes, I think next weekend I will just say I'm busy.

But its a bit like shooting myself in the foot though as it'll be my weekend without kids or yoga and a perfect time to see him!

• image Look just don't start planning the wedding yet image

Give him a few months work out what he's really like and then start thinking about things like a future together.

• A relation-what??? I can't help you there....

AL, you gorgeous thing, make sure you're being true to yourself.

I always think about this quote...

"No man is worth your tears and the one who is won't make you cry"
  • Jose.Jose. ✭✭✭

AL, no yoga..., no kids..., don't call your boyfriend, phone meimage

Seriously, why don't you go out with some friends and have fun?

• Ok, I'll try be strong

Him: 'What you up to next weekend?'

Me: 'Ooooh I'm really busy!'

Him:'Oh, what you doing?'

Me:'Errrr,  chatting about you on a forum!'

oh dear that won't work! image

Me:"I've been asked put by a gorgeous guy!" image

• and LOL, I daren't even call him a boyfriend, hahaha
  • How about you make a deal with yourself, that if he asks to see you before, say Wednesday in the week, you say yes.  But if he asks you by Thursday or Friday it shows you could be a last resort, so say no you are busy, but can see him the following weekend.  That way, if he wants to secure time with you, he has to organise it earlier in the week (give you more notice).  Trust me, he will soon catch on not to call on a Friday night for a Saturday meet up thinking you will always be free for him. 

• How committed are you arctic lady? Have you washed his underpants yet.

Men are simple, just ask him, Its the women who make relationships complicated. If he makes a bolt for the door then you are just a fill in for when his mates aren't playing out.  

• I have let him use my razor@!!!!!image