Trollers Trot 24

12346»

Comments

• hey Clair... i'd love to join you both but i'm already booked for the puma garburn challenge, kinda sorry to see this thread seems to have fizzled out a bit too.. is anyone else still keeping tabs on here or where else are you all posting?
  • Hi All - I'd love to join the merry band on the Wharfedale but i'm on a family wedding (my nephews) that very day...Rather be doing the marathon if i was truthful (dont tell him that though! - think i'm OK i don't think he's a RW type).

My next sched outing is the Osmoth Phoenix - but i'm sure i'll be out of the blocks b4 then.....I'm sort of toying with the idea of doing the 3 rings of shap mid June - Same distance as Fellsman but terrain looks a bit easier on the eye & legs! Still in the should i / shan't i stage at the mo though.

If anybody has got owt else planned then i'm for owt as long as the diary is blank for the given day.

Take it easy all....

Mark

• I think my only other long run planned is a Skipton to Leeds along canal. Weekend after (prob saturday 13th) Wharfedale. About 28m, no chance of getting lost and pretty much flat or downhill all the way. Should be a small group of us doing. I've asked if good weather can be scheduled, my request is pending approval image

So if anybody wishes to join us for all or part of this route. Beauty of this run is that it goes through Steeton, keighley, shipley etc, which are all on the Leeds-Skipton line so you can run bits of it if you like, probably anything from 5 to 22m or - of course - 28.

• BritNickBritNick ✭✭✭

James, I'm keeping tabs as this is one of my favourite events, but since I was otherwise occupied this year I haven't posted. We must be posting all over the place. I've been contributing to SNOD, Wharfedale Off Road Marathon, Osmotherley Phoenix, Highland Fling, Marlborough Downs Challenge, High Peak 40, The Fellsman and Coke as an ultra fuel.

Clairster, hope to see you at Wharfedale. Long time no see.

Also Euph. We'll have to carry some ID. image

• woohoo!! its got busy in here again!! lol!!

Mark, i'm glad you mentioned the Pheonix.. i knew there was something i needed to do, still gotta book it!! what distances are you all planning on running? i'm scheduled for a 21 mile training run that weekend but am toying with the 33, it would be the furthest i've run in one hit and i'm itching to push into ultra territory.

Euph, how'd you do in London? i hit my fallback time at just under the 4 hour mark, i was on target for 3.30 at the halfway point, pacing well and feeling pretty strong but the heat and training niggles i had took their toll in the end. i'm happy with it as i know i couldn't have given any more on the day, i didn't have any left for a little speed up at the end and had to plod at the same pace over the line!! lol!!

anyone heard how Wharfys getting on?

• James - i'm def doing the 33miles @ Osmoth - It's a good course...I enjoyed it last year. Chippy was open in the village as well - a real incentive to get round......

Mark...

• Hi ALL

I'm at loose end this weekend (in the runnng sense....). Stumbled across a 6.9 trail race at Ilkley on Sunday which is non too far away from my humble abode. (My wife Joanne likes the Ilkey area as well - so it's a pass out for all concerned...)

Was having a looksie at last years results and came across a certain DrunkE on the very list.....

No problem if you don't read this one Drunk but is it one worth doing Y/N?

It's a very sedate 11am start so a jaunt around the course & a bite to eat in Ilkley afterwards sounds just the job!

Cheers

Mark....

• Mark - Oh yes, really good event. You start in the valley and thye climb up to one of the moor, quite a long trail and road climb. Then a moor crossing which was quite dry last year before another road bit and a really long descent you can let fly on! Would travel up myself but otherwise engaged entertaining family image Some good views and cakes available at the end - we all need cakes image
  • Hi James, I also ground to a halt in FLM. Cramp attacks getting worse after 21 saw me drop from a possible 3:30 to a 3:39. I had the energy to keep a hald decent pace but cramped as soon as I stretched legs too much and had to stop and stretch off. Happy overall, and still a PB!!

Not sure which event to do at Osmotherley, 33 is the natural draw but I'm meant to be doing a massive long run midweek so maybe I'll just do 17 and 26 and get the beers in for the ultrarunners image

• Euph - I've decided against doing the 3 rings of Shap (same day as your Skipton - Leeds canal run if thats the 13th?) - Not sure i have the legs and/or will for another long long day out at the mo. Frees me up though for your planned jaunt. Let me know the plan and I'll come along (will be driving from Ripon to start (if anybody requires a lift). I'll do the 28.

Not been long back from Ilkley & the trail race. Cracking day & a really good race too (great route). Not sure where i finished or even what time i did (around 50-52mins i think). Garmin only had 5% battery life this morn & i left charger @ work! Finished quite strongly on the downhill section picking up 6-7 places on the descent so a good day all in all.

see you soon....

Mark.....

• Hi Mark, Cracking time over the Ilkley Trail race course so your speed can't be suffering. I looked at 3 rings of Shap earlier in year and decided a bit too long for me at this stage - one for next year. Plan still going ahead on 13th, probably various people will join us for part of the course but only three of us commited to the full thing so far I think. You can kind of drop in and out of course as canal follows through same towns as railway. I'll advise of plan later but it will probably involve getting to Leeds station about 8'ish - theres a car park down the road thats 3 quid all day, cheaper than station parking. Skipton train is roughly 8.25 so enough time to get tickets and a coffee. So we'll get to Skipton and starting about 9. reckon its about 28m, usually on reasonable trail or solid footpath.
  • Hi all,

Am making progress, 10m on the road round Otley (with a bit of hill) last weekend and nothing fell off, though couldn't have done much more than 10 min mile pace - still I felt really good to have got that far.  Feel I need a bit more strength in the ankle before I go onto the moors again, though am running a bit round a park to get something a little rougher than pavements and gain confidence. 

Euph - let me know schedule for canal, what pace are you looking at ?  Not far from me so may join for a bit if fits schedule and can keep up.  Have often thought it would be a good charity event to run Leeds Liverpool over 3 or 4 days (think circa 127 miles) if I get fit enough.  My brother canoed it with Scouts for charity many years ago.

Mark - well done at Ilkley, hope I may do that one next year.

Good running everyone else and nice to see you all still on hereimage

• Hi Wharfy, moor the merrier image

Canal run will be a pretty slow affair, probably 9-10 min/miling, numerous stops. All footpaths of varying quality so road shoes are best option. As I said above we'll probably park up at Leeds before 8 and get on 8.25 train to Skipton. I'm not sure but I think others are joining us and only doing a shorter leg of route as numerous train stations near to route along way - Steeton/Silsden (22m run to Leeds), Keighley (19m run to Leeds), Crossflats, Shipley (about 17m from Skipton, 13 from Steeton/Silsden, or 11 to Leeds). We've done parts of this route numerous times but Skipton-Leeds will be furthest. I would also love to try Liverpool Leeds, bet its fun over the pennines!

• Hi ALL

Particular hello to Wharfy - Good to see you back wearing out those running shoes - Hope u can make it next week on the Skipton-Leeds run.

Don't know if anybody would be up for this one but I'm doing a 10K over in Doncaster a week on Weds (17th June) - start time 19:10

http://www.doncasterathleticclub.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=388&Itemid=137

In all probability I'll have a spare FOC place going begging. I had a work colleague who was going to do it (only reason i was doing it really - coupled with a crazy idea about beating my best 10k time - (now a distant 3yrs ago!) 

but he's pulled up lame unfortunately - Not 100% sure he won't be doing it but he's says it's most unlikely he'll be attendance.

Anyway if anyone fancies stepping into his shoes let me know OR if you fancy it anyway.

Cheers

Mark...

• Wife may be working Sunday so this weekends jaunt could be Saturday - see how it goes, but have a good one anyway.  Think there will be plenty of puddles to go round or splash through looking outside at the moment !
  • Hi all. Canal run still going ahead on Saturday, just e-mailed Mark about it, did you still fancy part of route Wharfy?

mark - Sounds good but I think I;m busy that wednesday, theres some good fast events in that part of the world. Do you reckon your in 10k PB form?

• clairsterclairster ✭✭✭
    anyone fancy the moors the merrier on the 18th July?
  • Clairster - I looked in my diary & i had this one marked but it's now crossed out....Can't think why.....Had something else that was in for that day too ( a non running event - which is no longer on - so maybe that's why - What the hell do i know it's only my own diary after all! image

that being the case...then yes - I'm up for this one. What were you thinking - I see It's a 21 or 26 miler. I'm happy to do the 26.

cheers

mark...

• DazTheSlugDazTheSlug ✭✭✭

Hi clairster! image

I am still umming and ahing between MTM and Rhayader Mountain Trail... image

ooh! and it's also Kentmere (fell race) on the 19th...

decision, decisions... image

• How did I miss Moors the Merrier, will check diary. image

Good luck tomorrow Clairster.

• clairsterclairster ✭✭✭

lol, thanks Euph

Daz come to MTM image