Lucozade Sport Super Six: fat face (sub-4:00)

1444546474850»

Comments

• Hi fat face - any plans to resurrect this thread for London 2010? 
  • Hashette, you will be sooooooo busy with your own thread!  image

But we definately want this thread re-started, it was great last year.  Calling fatface, hellen, dee etc etc - where are you all?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• It would be fun to restart it but in all fairness I think all the sub 4 hopefuls should use AndyV's thread when it starts up. That's where you'll find me.

I'm just in the process of entering the same races as I did in this years build up which are the Watford Half, London Heathside 5 and the Fleet Half.

I wonder who the sub 4 coach will be?

• I'll definately be following Andy V when his thread starts up but it would be good if this was going too - or we can all just move over to "Team Andy"!

Can't wait to find out who "our" coach will be!  Is that a bit cheeky? image

• But saying all that, I've just been out for an easy 6 exploring the new area where I live. Actually, it wasn't easy it was blimmin' hard work. It was my longest run for a long time. I've lost quite a bit of fitness since April but the good news is that I'm around 5lbs lighter than when the schedules started in January. That leaves plenty of scope for cake eating over the Chrsitmas holipops.

• fat facefat face ✭✭✭
    So, I didn't do FLM2009 but I did do VLM2010

I'll start at the beginning of the 16 week training schedule, which involved no running whatsoever because I had swine flu. By around week 4 I was back on sub 4 schedule and running well. I'd entered the same warm up races as last year so the Watford Half came and went and I was a few minutes quicker than last year. Finsbury Park 5 was approaching and I really didn't think I was in shape to do as well as last year even though the training I'd done suggested I should be.

I'd had a little run before work a couple of days before the Finsbury Park 5, was just getting dried, bent down to dry my feet and my bloody back went again. Instance agony ensued. Then it went again 3 days later.

So my training schedule was now in tatters. In the 8 weeks leading up to VLM2010, I managed a total of 98 miles averaging a mere 12 miles a week. One attempt at 20 miles (only 4 weeks ago) went wrong at 400 yards and ended after 4 miles.

A week later I managed to walk a mile, run 18, walk a mile. That was enough to prove to myself that if I could get to the start line without further back problems, then I'd have a go.

So I lined up yesterday and had a go. Sub 4 was never on the cards so I didn't even try to do it. I set off at a pace I thought I could manage to stick at, and I nearly did.

The 5K's passed in:-

29:09 29:03 29:37 29:32 29:03 29:51 30:29 31:12

which gave me a new PB of 4:10:49.

Not bad for someone referred to as an an idler and a wastrel.
  • Parp Parp! well done mate image
  • AndyVAndyV ✭✭✭

Hi FF

Have been hoping to here from you. Blxxdy warm towards the end wasn't it!

Two days out from VLM I was still in bother with my latest set back (shin splints). Things worked out for me but alot of this was luck/fate ("i know i'll just try a last minute massage and prey it works"). Having gone through the supersix thing now I fully appreciate its awesome but a complete rollacoaster.

You came back and despite bxgger all mileage in the bank you still put in a very credible time.

Much respect fella, be proud.

• Not shabby at all mr face, a great effort

I met sezz along the way, hope she had a good race too

• fat facefat face ✭✭✭
    Brighton 2020. Sub 4 shall be mine. Well hopefully. Watch this space.
  • WardiWardi ✭✭✭
    Crikey has this thread come back via Antiques Roadshow? 🙄  Good to see you're still having a go Fat face, best of luck with the sub 4 attempt. 👍
  • fat facefat face ✭✭✭
    Brighton 2021 now 😀😀