Lucozade Sport Super Six: fat face (sub-4:00)

Comments

• It was definately down to the over-enthusiasm of the first day of a new schedule. I shall certainly be trying to stick to the timings more closely. But I've got no niggles, aches, stiffness or any other problems to report as a result. Anyway, back to todays schedule:-

Week 1 Day 2

Rest - how cool is that!!!! Well, that's if you can class 8 hours on my feet as a rest day.

• Hmmmmmmm. It's cold outside, but shall I run to work, run at lunchtime or run home from work? The schedule is for 4 miles slow.

First answer wins.

• SezzSezz ✭✭✭

Get out yer pyjamas and slippers and run to work!

What do I win?

• I love the feel of lycra in the morning.

It would appear that I'm running to work. I'll report in later.

• fat face - I am sitting getting myself in the mood to go for a run. I will go and get into my lycra now image 

• Getting it out of the way was probably the best option. Hope the run went well and you didn't do it too fast to stay warm!
  • well done FF..... with all this mental toughness you are building up you could join us for an Ironman next year! image
  • Done it, loved it. More later.

Steve - I did manage to slow down a bit, averaging 9:26's.

Tracey - get out there and do it.

PSC - er, no.

• fat face - 3 miles done. Of out soon for a massage image
  • FF - good to hear you're enjoying your runs so far. How many are you sposta to do a week?
  • LOL....

well done done Tracey!  How was the massage?

• Morning peeps.

I tried to get on last night to log my run but the RW site seemed to be playing funny buggers so I gave up eventually. So here's yesterdays details:

Week 1 Day 3

4 miles at 10 minute mile pace was called for. I set off at around the right pace (first mile in 9:45)  which included quite an incline, but then I got faster again for the next 2 miles (9:17 and 9:08), mainly because it was a very gradual decline. The last mile came up in 9:32, making a total of 37:44.  Again, it was very cold with plenty of icey patches, but the run felt very easy, I hardly broke sweat. I love running when it's really cold, which could explain why I never run a summer marathon.

Things to watch out for whilst running at 8:00am:-

People reversing from their drives.
    Abandoned Christmas trees.
    Piles of dog shite that disguise themselves as leaves in the middle of the pavement.
    Runners who can't hear you approach from behind (guess why) and then scream as you go past them.

Steve, my long run is supposed to be 7 miles on Sunday. As I was up to 12 pre-Christmas, what would you suggest. 

mlc - my schedule has me at 5 runs a week which is quite an increase from my usual 3-4, hence the need for me to slow down to ensure no injuries.

I'll be back later to detail todays run.

• LOL at your things to look out for.  I sat on a train yesterday listening to dog walkers tell each other about some spray you can buy to freeze dog turds so that they are easier to scoop up! It's a funny world we live in!!

Enjoy today's plod..

• 5 runs a week, well, you are much faster than me. I'm doing a 3-4 runs per week schedule, and its hard enough getting up at 5:30 to do those.
  • Loving reading your thread. I'm following the same schedule and struggling to run slowly....just want to get home for a warm shower and brekkie!! Bit scary running in the dark so cant wait for the morning to get lighter....
  • Evening.

I knew there was question that I needed to ask MC Steve before todays session. The schedule was for 2 miles steady (around 9 min miles). Was I supposed to jog to warm up and cool down either side of the session? I didn't know so I did a very easy half mile jog either side. The session itself went very well, but I did it far too quickly AGAIN.  I really am going to have to make an effort to slow things down otherwise I risk injuring myself, which I certainly don't want this early in the schedule.

Anyways, tomorrow is a rest day. Surely I can't do that too quickly. I think I'll spend it doing my tax return and having my hair cut. and there's a cracking pub across the road from the barbers as well image.

• 2.54 miles at lunch in about 21:24 - no idea what that is in real money but felt quite leaden and feet were hurting a bit.
  • But you raced hard last weekend didn't you JB?
  • I don't think the schedule called for  a warm-up or warm-down (or didn't clarify it)  but I think it was sensible to do what you did in the current weather, and to get more miles in that way.

I don't think 2 miles a bit too quick will be too much of a problem - 22 miles maybe -

It's good in some ways that you can run quicker. there will be times in a few months when you won't have any choice and will be too tired to even contemplate going quicker. It's not in a scheduled 19 mile week.

• Morning Peeps.

Week 1 Day 5

Is a rest day. YIPPPPEEEEEEE. Ackshully, no "BOOO HISSSSSS". I'm doing my tax return. Deep joy.

Oh and my FLM number will be 51252. Which colour start is that one then?

• Don't do the tax return too quickly.

51252 sounds like the pink start.

• I want to start in the pink start too! 

Actually, I'll be sneaking into the red start once again in order to be doused by the priest flicking holy water at mile 2.  I like a bit of a blessing at the start of a race image

• Morning Peeps.

I'm just about to slip into lycra and have a little run to work. It's 3 miles easy today and I think it's quite cold out there again. Best not forget me pants then.

Catch you all later.

• Best make them thermal ones and leave the frilly ones for April when it's warmerimage

• SezzSezz ✭✭✭
    I did offer to drop him off at work as I have to drive past at the time he normally arrives but he was more than happy to run and freeze his bits off.  That's dedication.
  • Evening Peeps.

The 3 mile trot this morning was a great way to start the day. It was fairly chilly to say the least, but my bits are still intact. I took it easy and managed to slow down from the pace I've been running this week. Still not slow enough, but I find running at a very slow pace very difficult. If I run a little faster I seem to skip over the ground more easily. When I run slowly, it's almost as if my footsteps are heavier. Does anyone else find this?

So after the run was a quick shower and a cuppa and then a very busy day at work. So a day that is scheduled for a 3 mile easy run also includes 11 hours on my feet and the run to work includes carrying a rucksack.

Thank heavens I'm not in work tomorrow. It's my long slow run day. That'll be a doodle compared to today!!!

Still, I'm mightily well fuelled with paella and am enjoying a glass of wine. Before anyone asks, yes, it is a big glass.

• Afternoon.

Seems like I'm talking to myself so I'll keep it brief.

Been for a run, longer and faster than I should have.

See ya.

• I did 10 miles yesterday - on a treddie because I'm a wimp.

1:31:12 not bad and I had more in the tank.

My mara is on 5th april so I'm a bit ahead of you because of that. Lost a bit of weight since going on the wagon too - 11 pounds more to go to get to target weight.

But in SA so got bladdered on free beer on the plane yesterday. At one stage I had a beer, glass of champers, a bloody mary and a glass of red all on the go. Not big and not cleverimage Good news is that the run and the beer meant I slept like a log on the planeimage

• ps hope you don't mind me noting my runs on your thread - as we both have a sub 4 target I thought it might help
  • I'm pleased you are JB. I like to keep an eye on you, so that I know how hard I'm going to have to work in training to be faster at London than you are in Paris image. I think I shall re-evaluate my FLM goal to "JB Paris time minus 1 second". 

10 miles on a treddie in 1:31 is a great run. I'm afraid I find treadmills mind-dumbingly boring  and if the choice was too run on a treddie or not run, then I wouldn't run.

I had an eventful run today. I got bitten by a dog. I'm ashamed to say that called the owner a DIckhead. What I should really have done is demand his address as the dog made a hole in my running tights and there is also a bite mark on my leg. No real damage was done though as the skin wasn't broken. The scheduled 7 miles was completed without any problems apart from the canine incident.

What weight are you trying to get down to? I've got down to the weight I was 25 years ago (bang on 12 stones) which I'm really pleased about.

The list of drinks you had on the go during the flight may not be big or clever, but personally I think it's a tremendous effort. Well done. Was it a PB?

I was thinking about doing the Silverstone Half Mara in March but I've heard a few comments recently about the camber on the race track being a pain. Can anyone confirm this? If it is a problem then I think I'll do the Fleet Half on the same day and it's easier to get to as well.