Lucozade Sport Super Six: Wotsit (sub-4:30)

Comments

• Wotsit wrote (see)

Thank you Farnie.  I'm hiding from LB incase she bumps me off to steal my place image  Would love a virtual training partner.  Not sure if I can type and run, but never say never.

Welcome back Sprocket.  You are now personally responsible for preventing me eating all of the father-in-law's chocolate cake.  Well, not *all*.  That'd be no fun. 

Er if I can help you in my own small way I can sort out the chocolate cake on your behalf? image

p.s. foxes?

• Wotsit wrote (see)

But you know, I'm often quiet. <cough> image

Hmmmmmimageimage
  • Cake, the fox fear is hereditary.  I blame my Mother.  Shall I put the cake in the post or would you rather stalk it down?

It is Wickett's turn to run tonight.  I wonder if he's got enough festive cheer left to let me squeeze in a little run of my own while he puts the small people to bed?

• Mr LB has gone to the gym and left me in with the the mini LB's again....image

He made a big thing of "coming home from work early" so I could go to the gym....

But only after he's been of course.

When I'm tired and I want a glass of wine.....image 

• I've been blessed/cursed by Wickett now being full of cold.  On the plus side, I get to run freely, on the minus, he'll cough all night.

My first training update!

I have been running.

You need more?  I did do intervals, as instructed.  I'm not good at the slow part of intervals, especially when running through slightly dodgy areas at night, on my own.  Makes me run too fast, then when I step up the pace I die.  So, obviously, I did.  Had to walk up the last hill which is always embarassing, as its through the village.  I also noticed that, when I run fast, my shadow seems to have its shoulders up rounds its ears.  Which might explain my current aching neck.

LB, hope you got to the gym *and* got a glass of wine.  Virtual bubbly not enough?

•  At least you ran! I'd have a word with your shadow about its posture if I were you......image

The gym shut early! image Why would they assume people are not training at this time of year?image

Anyway I did some arm exercises instead....

Lift glass to mouth. Repeat until all wine is gone.....

Change arms (so as not to overexercise one side) image

(I got that one off Farnie)! image

• Tonight Christmas will officially begin with a bottle of bubbly, shared by Wickett and I as we finish the wrapping, arrange the presents and either listen to christmas carols or watch the muppets christmas carol.  Depending on who gets to the remote control first.

Of course, having barely had a sniff of booze in the last 6 weeks (I have really been that good)  I should probably finish the wrapping and arranging first, so I don't pass out on the sofa after one sip.

• Wickett will get the remote. There's a law against us wimmin having it. image

That's why there's a telly in the bedroom.......we get sent up there like naughty children! image

My wrapping is done. My cards are done. I only have cleaning to do now! image

Have a good one!

• wotsit,

have a great, real-bubbly filled xmas, i am sure you deserve it with kids, jobs, iron men, 5 degrees, and on, and on. in fact my own negotiating with Nick The Coach about lack of time to run seems pitiful in comparison. 

we've been passing the flu round the family like some people pass presents, so i lost 10 days which gets the nerves going. haven't told nick yet, will wait to trouble him after xmas. 

that baby t-shirt you recommended (my dad is faster....) just arrived and looks great,so we shall be showing that off soon 

dan 

• Cake!!  Hands off My FIL's Choc cake!  I'm under Drs orders - Quote 'if its really bad for you and full of sugar and lard and a Dr would normally tell you not to eat it I want you to finish it!'  So not only am I doing as I'm told but I'm being support of Wotsit all in the same deal image  I'll also be sending her out with my garmin on extra runs so it looks like I've been running!!  Good plan or what!!!

Hope your ok Cake! I might save you a crumb or two as its you image  You up for cheshire the end of May??  Have a good crimbo image

• image Yep even entred this year. image Sprocket Can't get into farcebook at the moment so can't wish you a happy christmas so doing it now. image
  • Ooohh good man!  I'm gonna do it I think too.  Its the day before my birthday so I'll do it to prove i'm a young thing really and stay in denial image  Happy Christmas to you too.  I just posted a for all message on the Tri forum as it was the easiest way to track you all down as I've lost all the threads lol.  Have a good one!!!
  • Hope everyone had a fabulous Christmas day.  I forgot all about my food diary and being good for an entire day and today I shall go for a long run to make up for it.  Isn't that the beauty of running?
  • Today I did no training.  Instead I had a really lovely, enjoyable 10 mile run with my little sister, putting the world to rights in the glorious Boxing day sunshine. 

(and I've managed so far to avoid dipping back into the box of after eights.  Chocolate stolen from someone else's selection box can't count as your own calories, right?)

• Well done on 10 miles to you and your sister. image

I really wish I had a running partner at times. I can't commit to a regular time and often snatch a run late at night etc but on days when I'm struggling to motivate I'd love to run with someone.

5 miles this morning (alone) and the sun was rising over the sea. Waves crashing on shore and a headland I ran to and past with pines on it, looked gorgeous, so a pleasant run.  Stiff legs now. Calves very tight despite stretching.

I shall dose with chocolate

• It was, in fact, the first time that GooseyLucy and I have *ever* run together, other than passing eachother round the course at Stratford Tri.

It is fabulous to have running partners though, you're right.  I value mine very highly indeed.  They are brilliant image

Would you like some of our left over christmas choccies?

• image I would. image

How's it going? Are you happy so far or to early to tell?

• <throws sweets wildly in Cake's direction>

So far, so good, thank you.  I'm not in 'official' training till the 5th January though I've got a loose training schedule from coach Nick.  Mind, I'm not really following it at the moment, having done a 6.6m forest jaunt with my lovely husband this morning, rather than my 45 min interval session.  I'm feeling in remarkably good shape, given the season <touches wooden things all around> and really enjoying being able to get out and run in the frosty cold without having too much purpose.  That bit starts on the 5th!

Did you have a good Christmas?

• How does a 10M run not count as training??

• Sure did got to eat tons of bad food. Watched Nieces and Nephew run around like something from the lord of the fly's and Went to the panto the other day. Almost a perfect Christmas.image

Glad to hear you enjoyed yourself as well.

• The Trickster and the Tinsel wrote (see)

How does a 10M run not count as training??

I was just thinking the same thingimage

I call sitting on my backside stuffing my face not trainingimage

• Is sitting on the sofa eating chocs the 'new' training? 

Is it?

Is it?

Please 

• image I call that multitasking image
  • I wrote such a long reply yesterday and then my pc ate it. image

I always think of 'training' as being an effort and hard work, something I have to push myself to do.  Running of any type is almost always that for me but right now, as a total novelty, I'm actually feeling in good enough shape to be able to go out and run, just for fun, not having a target, not pushing myself, just enjoying it.  Its quite liberating!

Sitting on the sofa, stuffing face with chocolate is cross training, surely?  I mean, its not like you can launch into it at the start of the festive season, you have to build it up slowly.

I'm hoping the current volume of running will stop me gaining back all the pounds I painstakingly lost before Christmas.  Wishful thinking?

• Oh look now I finally found this thread!

That 10m run was my longest so far so it certainly WAS training for me! That said it felt pretty easy (after the first 45 mins which was more a mental block I think) as it was such lovely weather and we just nattered away. And that was the first and probably only time I'll get to do a long run with anyone *sniff sniff etc*

Though, despite feeling great after I have done something awful to my foot and I still can't walk on it properly 4 days on. Wah! Feel tetchy not being able to run.

Oh and I note your relief at me being out of interweb firing range, O sister of mine, but I'll hold on to all my anecdotes until the time is right [insert efil cackle here].

Actually whilst we were up in Yorkshire we played this game with a plastic toy gun and targets that you hit with suction darts....The Fear was rife in me, I tell you...

• Ppppppffttt....  I did suggest that anecdote for my 'did you know' slot but the Powers That Be preferred the flashy degrees thingy.

You should advertise for a training partner.  You could do the whole 'Wanted - partner in London for running and fun, needs own shoes, GSOH, not be a nutter'  thing.

• I suspect that "Did You Know...I once hospitalised a sibling" has a slight ring of "rather mentally unstable" to it....
  • BB ✭✭✭

Congratulations on winning Wotsit - loved your video - must be very exciting. Great attitude- totally agree about wardrobes doors - have to be shut at night - goodness knows what would happen if not ...

I'd like to do a sub-4.30 next year too - not FLM, in the autumn I think, so will follow your progress with interestimage I've only done one marathon and that was Beachy this year and that is different cos you walk all the hills (well I did as a normal person) so looking forward to doing a road marathon ... not running much at the moment due to ITBand issues since Beachy Head, though now more perhaps to do with icy coldness outside vs chocolate and sofa inside ... Mmmm....

• Thanks B image  Promise I'll pass on as much useful info as I can possibly squeeze out of the team.

Goosey - unstable?  Surely after people had seen my video they'd not think that?  Oh.

• Wotsit - does half a tin of Qwality Streets count as food? Or shall I leave it off the food diary altogether? Which do you think is best? I need to know.