pirate weightloss 2009

Comments

• oxy - have you done any training?  or are you sandbagging and that weight is completely made up?
  • sadly the weight is entirely true!

i had lost a stone, but i seem to have gained it back, somehow. I think it may be the food whats done it.

• Gout hurts, leave him alone!
  • Oxy - at least with your circumference you will not sink into the quicksand too quickly.
  • Dustboy wrote (see)
    Gout hurts, leave him alone!

then who do we pick on???
  • He could add miles to others runs though, imagine the effort and time involved in trying to circumnavigate him
  • i've been weeping into my crispy cremes!
  • I thought you were more of a Dunkin' Donuts kind of guy
  • I can confirm he has never touched me.
  • About 1 lb a week for 28 or so weeks, been good for two days so far, will be weighing myself about every 2 weeks. 

JD - 220lbs, aim 164lbs, lost 0.
    SA - 196lbs, aim 180lbs, lost 0.
    Andy - 216lbs, aim 175lbs, lost 0.
    D74 - 245lbs, aim 203lbs, lost 0.
    Gumps -231lbs, aim 280lbs, lost 2.
    Kanga - 214.289319lbs, aim 187.392923lbs, lost: the will to live
    Nam - 139lbs, aim 129lbs, lost 0.
    TL - 189, aim 154 would like 147, lost 0.
    Foggy - 161lbs, aim 148lbs.
    Dustboy - 187lbs, aim 165lbs, lost 6lbs
    Rich123 - 217lbs, aim 182lbs,
    Melds - 149lbs aim 140lbs
    Haile - 219lbs, aim 190lbs, lost 0.
    Mullroy - 172lbs, aim 150lbs, lost 0.
    Seren Nos - 168lbs, aim 147lbs, lost 0
    Holly_G - 170lbs, aim 150lbs
    Blob fish 154 lbs aim 160 lbs
    oxy 213 lbs aim 188 lost 0
    Barley 233 lbs aim 199 lbs lost 0

• i think i'll do what i did a few years ago and record my weight every morning.  it meant i wouldn't have big meals as inevitably my weight would shoot up the next day.  naturally a spreadsheet wil be needed too.  half wondering about meal replacement drinks as well just to make life easier.  but i think they can only be used to replace one meal a day and not the main meal.  so that won't make much difference to me really as it's the evening meal i pig out on.  need to cut out the alcohol too.  that alone will be a 1.5 pounds lost per week.  would like to lose 4 stone by the end of april but that might be a bit of a tough target.

at the in-laws this weekend.  father in law laughed a little too long when i said i was doing an ironman in july.

• why dont you have a bet with Carl,  he's good at those
  • JD - the year I lost weight big style I did the slimfast way.  Shake for brekkie and lunch and hten a tiny evening meal.  Also had one apple mid morning and mid afternoon.  Having said that I don't think it worked well with exercise as I was also starting to run, go to the gym a lot and I lost too much too soon, and  it wasn't especially healthy. 

What is it about the evening meals that go wrong?  Is it a case of not having anything healthy and convenient?  If so, perhaps spending 2-3 hours on a Sunday doing a mass cook and then freezing stuff for the week, or at least preparing some pasta sauces.  One other thing that's worked is actually shopping for specific meals, and not jsut buying random food.  So work out a menu for the week and then you know what you're cooking, saves a lot of money on waste too. 

• menu planning is certainly the way forward

and that doesnt mean making a list of cookies Carl!
  • JD - Just re-reading your post, I did just over 4 stone in 2 months in 2001, but I'd not recomend that rate as mentioned above. n However, by April I wouldn't have thought would be a problem, although obviously seek medical advice and the value of your waist size may go down as well as up.
  • D74 - interesting what you say about the meal replacement stuff.  i'll see if it works out just from a time saving/not having to engage my brain point of view.  

Reason i thought 1 stone per month was a little bit OTT is i've read before that anything more than half a stone a month is krazeee.

As for evening meals, the problem is i cook them all as Claire's been busy with the little one all day.  I tend to cook lots of pasta meals, curries etc ... and just generally eat far far too much!  I've just lacked self-control - although maybe i could use my mother's excuse and blame it on genetics image

Still, the Mrs's will be taking over meal planning/food purchasing duties soon.  So that'll sort out that problem. 

This is what she's found.  Low carb diet (used something similar).

http://blogg.passagen.se/dahlqvistannika/?anchor=my_lowcarb_dietary_programe_in

Obviously the carbs won't be that low though as i'd prefer not to faint in the gym and be brought around by a bevvy of gym bunnies caring for me.

• portion control Mr JD !
  • If you're exercising then just a good diet is all you need to do.  I was a total prat and went way too  strict with the slimfast, and discovered that you can't do a 3.5 hour MTB trailquest event on 1 healthy and nutritious shakeimage  Not only did I hit the wall,  spent the next 2 hours attempting to get back to the car headbutting said wall as I'd no money on me, and only water in my bag. 

For Austria I wated to slim down a bit too, and after a few months then I started eating a bit more (small more often) and lost weight quicker whilst feeling better and training harder. 

This time then I'm going for cutting out the starbucks cinamon swirls, making my own sarnies so i get a decent lunch and then snacking on cereals on a night if need be.  That and lots of exercise of course. 

• yeah exactly, it wasn't too bad when i was training a fair amount.  but i dropped the training and increased the comfort drinking and eating! 
  • that sounds like a miserable experience d74! 
  • Got up at 5am, had shake, drove to gloucester, cycled, got back to control 90 minutes late and so on negative points, and then had to drive 2 hours back home.  'Character forming' is the expresion I believe!
  • weighed yesterday

haven't moved one way or other.

for me its all about portion control as well, I do most of the cooking at home so cook what I like and when OH leaves some I finish hers off.

plus its alchol and shacks as well, almost forgot about them, but do get the munchies for sweeties when back from bike ride

• I think portion control is the biggest bit fro me............I'm going to find myself a smaller plate
  • Cheese for me.  I don't drink so that's not it, and in fairness  I don't do choccie ars that often.  However, I could could heat a couple of kilos of cheese a day quite hapily.  We normally get the 'be good to yourself' lofat cheese, but then put it on top of the pasta.  As our normal food is pasta and pesto 2 nights a week, pasta and tomato sauce 2 nights and pasta and cheese sause 2 nights then that adds up to a lot of it! 

However, slightly worrying, then I've jsut done a turbo session and I'm actually fitter than 1 year agoimage  I'd done a few over xmas and put those down to anomolies, but that's now 3 in a row that I was significantly quicker than a year ago.

• choccie arse............. snigger

• D74 wrote (see)

As our normal food is pasta and pesto 2 nights a week, pasta and tomato sauce 2 nights and pasta and cheese sause 2 nights then that adds up to a lot of it! 

sounds worryingly organised! do you have allocated nights for sex too? 
  • oxymoron wrote (see)
    D74 wrote (see)

As our normal food is pasta and pesto 2 nights a week, pasta and tomato sauce 2 nights and pasta and cheese sause 2 nights then that adds up to a lot of it! 

sounds worryingly organised! do you have allocated nights for sex too? 
    I dont
  • that bloody meldy, she just turns up when she wants i bet?
  • Goodness you pirates are an incestuous lot!