Ridgeway 85

12346»

Comments

• I should do the bit from Goring onwards (and maybe the bit leading up to Goring depending on how fast you are) as that bit is likely to be done in the dark and it would be good to be confident on those bits - even though navigation is actually a little easier than the 1st sections
  • Follow the signs but the Ridgeway ones with the 'White' acorns. The Harvey map is also a good one. I have posted the details further back on this thread I think.
  • <!-- @page { margin: 2cm } P { margin-bottom: 0.21cm } -->

I really enjoyed this race which I (Colin) ran with my mate Neil, we met a load of runners on the way including a guy called Alex? We set off very slow but did the hills pretty fast & in the second half we passed loads of runners who were walking. I was only passed by one runner in the second half, he passed me as I ran alongside a mountain bike. I wore a white cap and a brown top. Had a great time & will be back next year to hopefully improve on my time of around 20:15 & second vet 45. The food at the CP's really hit the spot, especially the baked potatoes with cheese and hot dogs! At the finish I bent down to kiss the finish line & the organisers thought I'd fainted, laughing when I popped back up image

• T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

Yes, a top event this one.  Well done on all those (unexpected) medals. 

I'm torn now between this and a new ultra in Dingle, Co. Kerry (road, 45 miles) on 4/9/10 which will be only a week after Ridgeway 2010.  Or can I do both??  Just come back from there where they only had a marathon this year, but the most scenic one I've ever done.  I didn't feel as strong as usual - and that was 2 weeks after Ridgeway - but it was also very hot.

Looking forward to getting these results ...

• T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

The results are fascinating.  Never known such comprehensive results, including how much time we spent at CPs!  WWN, did you get too comfortable at Goring!? Although my time was nothing dramatic I was pleased to have confirmed how strongly I felt I was finishing - from CP9-finish I clocked 1:14, the 5th fastest split and faster than the guy who came second.  Very pleasing.

I can see I spent too long at some CPs - 13 minutes at each of CP6&7.  Also the little diversion to go and look at Wayland's Smithy used some time up - probably about 8-9 minutes.

waccyracer - I've been able to work out that you were the guy who finished in the position above me and 20 minutes ahead.  Another couple of miles and I might have had you.  That said, I hope you do much better next year!