Wakefield Hospice 10km 5 Apr

Now who's up for a sharpener before the FLM?
We've got a new traffic free course for the Wakefield Hospice 10km this year which should
be as fast if not faster than previous years

details here
http://www.ukresults.net/forms/090405wakefield.pdf

oor online entry here
UK Results - John Schofield's EventResults Service

Comments

• I'm up for it - not as a sharpener for FLM, but to run over old ground, and hopefully catch up with some old mates.

Wakefield city - traffic free ? Has the city centre changed that much ? Is there a route map anywhere ?

• I'm up for it, home city and first 10k since Dewsbury in 2008.

Can we pay on the day??

• Slow Sam

Entries taken on the day but entry fee goes up

£13 UKA club members

£15 unaffliated runners

• running4rwanda

As far as I'm aware there's not a route map available at present but it's going to start on

Lawefield Lane/Park Grove Road and head out on A642 to Horbury where you'll be turned on Quarry Hill

before the journey back again.

• back to my old stomping ground - I used to live in Nertherton !
  • As I live in Horbury i must have seen you out training

How long is it since you were there?

• Left Netherton in 2000 to live on Merseyside. Used to run with Wakefield Harriers
  • Surely if its heading out towards Horbury, we've got a hill to run up???

I'd sooner pay on the day if I do it than pay up front and have an hangover and not make it at all, wasted a fortune last year on races I didn't turn up for, for various reasons image

• From memory, a couple of climbs in both directions, but with equivalent drops (if it's out and back). Nothing particularly difficult, but hardly any flat to talk about - so not sure it's a fast course, unless you're really good on hils (which I'm not !)
  • Hmmm maybe not a PB course after all..??
  • Slow Sam

Place for PB 10km is the Dewsbury 10km

Didn't say Wakefield 10 is a fast course but we think it should be faster than the old course.

• Did Dewsbury last year, but didn't get a PB.... Not ready to do it this year, cos its in a couple of weeks isn't it??? Looks like waiting for the Abbey Dash.....