Options

Cateran Trail Ultra 88K

Comments

• Options

I got sunburn on the 23 miler in May MF7, you may see snow on the far away hills though. LOL, i'm a loiterer at the back of runs gabbing away too, me not a club runner though, i'm a bit of an airy fairy rebel. image

Hi it's not too far. Only 8 entries so far for this. I know some folk hanging of before entering to get some winter training done and also waiting till after January pay. 

• Options

As Karen says very little chance of Snow in May.

That run in march last year we were waist deep at times when you broke through the snow going over Larig Gate.

Its only the second year this race has been run and the first time in march with new folk behind it and a new route.

I dont expect it will fill up first year out.

But it will be a cracker and will grow and grow, will be good to have said you ran the first one. 

• Options

Karen - fantastic photos, I love snow image

Loon Dod wrote (see)

As Karen says very little chance of Snow in May.

MF7 should we tell them about our ability to bring totally unseasonable and unpredictable weather to events image

• Options

bo-bo no lets keep that as a little surprise for them image

Loon Dog MARCH !!!! ????? oh eck were coming up in May image

• Options

Oops sorry March last year May this year.

Tis ok I am going to persuade pal Flip this weekend who always brings the sunshine to any event to enter this so all will be good.

Looking forward to some good training on the West Highland Way this weekend.image

Train Hard Pee Clear. 

• Options

I love snow too bo-bo. The pics don't how how bad it was in some sections though!! I loved supporting that race, all the adrenalin of trying to get from one place to the next and battling with snow and stuff, i felt like female a Tom Cruise in Mission Impossible!! I had 2 runners at one checkpoint where race stopped and Loon dod up there further up the route at another checkpoint so zooming from one to other at brake neck speed. 

I'm sure weather will be perfect.image

• Options

Hard Core training this morning ,

Only one who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.

Is it the weekend yet, Boing Boing Boingimage

• Options

Just introducing myself.

I am the race organiser,  I am really excited about the event and i am confident that it will grow into a popular race on a fantastic course.

If anyone is interested feel free to contact me for info

www.cateran-trail.org

• Options
    Oops hide, the boss man on here!!
  • Options

You know you want to.

Its almost on your door step would be wrong not to.image

• Options
    Mrs Mac, just a fun weekend with a bimble in the middleimage
  • Options

MrsMac - come on join us, haven't seen you in ages and we can't make it for a pint of jail ale this year! image

Well I was inspired by your words Loon Dod

Loon Dod wrote (see)

Hard Core training this morning ,

Only one who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.

Is it the weekend yet, Boing Boing Boingimage

and as I had a few hours to spare decided to see how far I could go! Next time I'll note the weather LOL managed to find myself in mud up to the my thighs, soaked beyond the skin but laughing my head off image Waiting for the men in white coats now!

Hi Dario

• Options

A bimble indeed Mrs Macimage.

You're going to so love this race then Bo-bo, do like my mud n puddles. I'm doing a 10k on Saturday that's off road and guaranteed mud and puddles but me being physically challenged in the height department, puddles up to thighs it will be. image 

• Options

Sounds like my kind of fun bo-bo nothing to beat mud and water, the men in white coats certified me last week and a have the documents to prove it, just as well my doctor is a marathon runner but even he looks a bit worried when you ask him to sign a Medical Certificate.

Club nite last nite was hard 2 tempo runs in 12 hours takes its toll. my effort at swimming afterwards was a bit poor.

Just the Gym today loads of squats and lunges and core work, then its the weekend happy days.

Approx 20 on sat I think, and close to 30 on sun all on the WHW bring it on. image

• Options

Blimey Loon Dod thats high mileage I only managed 7.5 on Saturday and 11ish on sunday image

On the plus side new trail shoes have just arrived in the post  old one have finally fallen to pieces

• Options

You can't beat a new pair of trainers can you MF7?  

I did muddy 10k on saturday then Conic hill so 9 miles that day then we did 23 miles yesterday on the west highland way, lots of mud and the paths were streams so sore tootsies today. Great fun.

• Options
     Used the new trail shoes on the club run last night its only a 5miler and on the road.  They all thought I was mad as I kept running on the grass vergesimage  New shoes feel fab image
  • Options

Hi Guys

Another great weekend training on the way.

Due to logistices miles were reduced a bit.

A nice 14 miles down the side of Loch Lomond on sat then an easy 3 up and down Conic hill.

Then Sunday 23  miles from Balmaha to Beinglass so  tis all good.

Tempo run this morning was flying happy days.

You can get road shoes ??

Karen forgot to mention that she got a PB on that muddy 10K image

• Options

well done Karen

whats a pb havent seen one of them in a few years image

• Options

LOL thanks MF7, had to "pb"(insert your own sweary words) just so i could hang up my 10k trainers and hopefully never do seccumb to doing one for a very very long time, too short and fast for ploddy me.

Go on tell us what kind of trainers you got? I've got 2 pairs inov8's and my new balance all terrainers i got in america just died. I ran loch ness marathon with them on the poor things, not one blister and no sore bits. We did indeed have a busy weekend with lots of rain and some hailstones, great fun and thighs still bit achy today. No pain no gain!! 

• Options

Ive decided Karen that as soon as I hit 50 which is not so long now im gonna zero all pb's and start again with a whole new set of + 50 pb's  it will be the only way most will ever be "new" again image

my new trailees are nothing special there Nike pegasus trail I love the soft comfy feel but still get good stability, protection and not bad grip. There also very accomodating if you find road sections or hard rocky/gravely sections off road.  My old pair must be 6 years old and ive run probably getting on for 800+ miles in them including 4 beachy head maras, 3 North downs 30k's, One grizzly, The South Downs mara, three Coombe gibbet to overton 16m trail's, at least three quicksand 15's, two 32 mile overnight trail runs, one 52 mile off roader, London to Brighton Off road last year and countles other smaller off road events and training runs.  They are now truly broken I jus hope the new ones last as well

• Options

Brilliant idea MF7image. You definently deserve new trainers with all those miles you put them through!! I need 2 pairs off roaders at a time due to doing back to back bigger runs fortnightly which is a grat excuse i think. Got my inov8 rocklitesand eventually delivered today a brand new pair of my new balance trail ones, half size smaller than a i had but they're like gloves on my feet. Bliss!! 

You've done lots of fun stuff indedy. Friend did beachy head last year and said i'd love it. I hit 40 last year so decided to shake up my running. 10k's and tarmac not my thing and won't even do a "normal" marathon again except for Loch ness as that's just a brilliant route. First ultra done last year and i've got 4 this year. 

• Options
    52 days till Connamara Lass , tell me again why are we running on Tarmac image
  • Options
    The scenery and hills mr dod, the scenery and hills oh and the guinessimage.
  • Options

Karen Beachy head is a fab race even though I dont really know you im sure you would love it.  Some great countryside (different from the highlands) a briliantly organised event and full of fellow forunites. We make a club weekend of it and stay down there on the Saturday eve and have a "big night out".image

Its a shame your so far away as I am also the race director for the Quicksand 15 (the clue is in the name) a 15 mile beach run from Margate to Ramsgate on the kent coast and back only leaving the beaches to run up the cliff paths and then back to the beach oh and a 130 steps at the turnaround point Quite a tough run especially if your not used to running on sand, rocks, slipery seaweed etc.

Back to the Cateran. bo-bo and I really must get together soon to sort out hotels etc.  Im thinking of booking into the Glensheee seems to make sense any other suggestions most welcome

• Options

Part of the Bobo/MF7 logisitics/support team reporting in ..... image

Come on MF7, you know camping is the way ahead!  image

And, as a random aside, I too can vouch for Quicksands and Beachy Head - both superb races.

• Options
    Camping PSC  ! there is no way on this world Mrs F will be tempted with camping I can assure you image
  • Options

Mud, sand, rock scrambling, cliff tops, puddles, anything a bit whacky sounds good to me MF7. Your Quicksand sounds brilliant and did a similar run  3 weeks ago, scrambling down to beach, along pebbles then up the other side, think we covered about 6 beaches!!

You'll get info about rooms at the Glenshee hotel soon i think, i'll pester Dario. Definently a social night after the race. They were giving them at a good rate for race and there are bunk houses too. It's the most bizarre hotel ever, taken everything scottish and everything tartan and thrown it in the one place.

I'll bookmark Beachy head for this year!!

Hi PSC. You the donkey for Bobo/MF7? I've supported on the route too. Some nice pubs round the routeimage