BUPA London 10,000

Comments

• Only one garmin between 4 of us with 3 other makes..all though were showing extra distance?  Noticed yesterday that a couple of places had extra traffic cones from last year which were diverting the runners the long way round a fixed ballard and also putting the runners very wide around one of the long bends. Dont sound much but these add-up in terms of extra distance. My gps was saying 6.2miles  with around 300mts to go in the home straight
  • My Garmin said 6.17 miles but I'm keeping quiet about itimage
  • I think you should take that back..there must be something wrong with it???
  • well done ed

clif i am not suprised i was only saying to my partner last night how it seems harder than it should be, last year i did a pb the week before and thought i would better it in london as its flatter but no i was 1 min outside,this year i broke my pb again last week for 44.24,i didnt where my garmin this time but i know i ran well and came in 45.15 but felt i ran a pb.

so i am sure there is something about it now if its 200 m it makes a lot extra time

• imageI'm in for next year. Loved it!
  • We didnt see one person ed who had 6.2 on there gps? Last year we all did so im sure like i said its something to do with the bollards etc that were put out this year. Just seems strange how so many people had extra mts on there gps at the end of the race? Also, was the finishing line pushed back?
  • Hi guys

I ran this race yesterday but my time is not up on the website. Has this happened to anyone else?

I guess I had a  dodgy chip or something, but it's annoying as I also forgot to stop my watch (too busy dry heaving at the finish line) so I have no idea how i did!

• Hi All

I got round!! yay! with dodgy ankle and queue for loo's half way round and I did 1hr 7. So quite pleased. image

Feeling very sore today, stairs are challenging! image

Well done everyone x
  • Don't think they would take it back now, it's an antiqueimage
  • Mr KMr K ✭✭✭

lol - thanks Tryffdog...also notices the lack of cheekie shorts. Did you get back ok yesterday?

I am on the TV - just after the 1st interview with the Race Director & after the `feet shot`...there is me `racing` down the Mall (right hand side of screen)....I am the one wearing the Nun`s outfit waving like a muppet image

Does anyone have a digital copy of this race - my taped copy has no sound & the picture is hazy...yes I video`d it (I know Dark age stuff)?? I don`t think its on 5 demand thing or being shown again.

• Mr K (and anyone else) - I can run off a copy onto DVD if you PM me.
  • Another one with Garmin madness, mine showing 10.12km as the total route.
  • Hi Lisa K, I'm wondering if there were some dodgy chips too. My time is up, but it is 4 mins more than I thought and also my family who were timing me (I don't have a Garmin or anything clever like that). I also showed up on the list as M40, I am definately not male and I left that age band quite a while ago!
  • Hi all, really enjoyed yesterdays run was my first ever road race, signed up in february and but myself down for a 52:00 predicted time, so had a blue A start. thought it'd be execllent prep for my marathon in edinburgh on sunday.

Atmoshpere was fantastic, really loved the course. never managed to run a sub 47 10k in training, or on a treadmill but managed to clock up 44:52 for my chip time which i was delighted about, really felt good afterwards, and feel i can run even better should i get a better starting place next time. 18 months ago at 24 and a half stone i would of never imagined running 10k, let alone my first sub 45 10k, really looking forward to Edinburgh now.

• Aaaah the grit.. I think that hit the back of the throat after I argued with the old girl crossing in between the runners!! At some point I had to stop (oh! I added seconds to my time!) almost choked and chucked and St Johns was relieved when I thumbsed up and carried on running image 

Maggie Stiles Welcome image Stick around and you’ll soon get enthusiasm for more! Can’t believe you are doing RTTB and Royal Parks! I am too! Remember how long it took us to recover last time from RTTB image You HAVE to find something else to do to help you focus.. will send you a list of the ones I’m in

Andyp bugger. Can’t do trans 10 now as have High Ongar 10k the next day.. well I could.. like some obsessive nutter (yet to be named) that runs a 10k after a half mara the day before.. but am sadly not at that level. Could do the Batterseas 10k Sat 18 JulyTryffydog Hello! There’s only one Mr.K. surely.. although there were the nuns who got arrested in Crete as it was offensive against the catholics.. so maybe there’s more Mr.Ks image Ah by the time I’ve read down, you’ve picked up on this.Edd Well done! We looked for you but obviously didn’t see you! Glad you had a good time.Lisa Edmeads Fab you made it well done and only 1min+ more than me and that was me on a PB!

Schmunkee Yes please .. if only to see Mr. K in his glory! He really needs to wear fishnets next time.. he didn’t get it right image

I'm in next year!

We had the whole distance thing at RTTB half.. answer was.. it’s as the crow flies.. may be the same here. Hey a run’s a run.. or a race is a race, or is a run a race Mr.K.? image  
  • Up until yesterday I was a race virgin!

Finished in 54mins and loved it and have registered for next years race.

Great event and so well organised!!

Quick question I am hoping someone may be able to answer, on the results page there is a second column titled ' PL.AC ' and the fourth column titled ' AG '. Anyone know what these mean???

Thanks
  • @TracyB - you have mail.  Please let me know if it does not arrive

• &e - I think AG and AC are your age group (the AC bit just wasn't translated I think - most of the pages was in German last night!)
  • Mark.b

Thanks mate, all makes sense now!!! lol

So the PL.AC is my placing within my age group?
  • Hey Schmunkee! Have replied! Thank you.. good idea of mine too image

Worth noting T-dog that this works but RW members mail seems to go in Spam.. so I reckon you did get my original mail.. but it went in your junk image

• I too am finding walking up and down stairs quite challenging infact moving in general is hard work I feel broken.
  • Damn, just realised that they have me down as a 45 year old woman!!!!!
  • Mr KMr K ✭✭✭

Schmunkee - you have mail..image

TracyB - cheekie image Were you not tempted to run part of the route again today?

• hendycfc - that's fantastic, well done. Good luck for Edinburghimage
  • Mr.K. Hello there drinking buddy - oh! think you are meant to be a running buddy.. did I get something wrong? image

No.. was going to do a recovery run image but home too late from work. I did however look out of the window and picture you along the embankment in nuns outfit, but.. sadly the fishnets were missing.

Ooooohhhh did you have a run today? Surely it's NOT a day off!

• Hey T-Dog - is Mr.T-Dog out of the warehouse? image
  • Mr KMr K ✭✭✭

TracyB - I did have a run free day today image .....racing tomorrow night thou image 

Serious note - I did read somewhere that rest is an important part of training so I do actually try to have 5 consective days of running free days a month - I do find it hard work thou.

Can`t wait for Thursday and the photos...... image

• Yes, think your liver probably needed a rest image

What race will I see you at next? Did we all say we'd do Santa? That would work with fishnets too image