BUPA London 10,000

Comments

• I've just entered for next year too - I may not really be a runner, but I've definitely got the running bug. 

My thighs ache hurt today going up and down stairs, but apart from that feel fine.  So not feeling too bad about the possibility of doing it againnext year!

• Angel well done..l that's why they send the invite early.. whilst people are still on the running-high image I'm not really a runner either but been doing it steadily for over a year....gives me focus.. and keeps me out of mischief when bored image

• Yes out of the warehouse, should be on the train from Liverpool St now. Might wait up & show him my goody bagimage

Which Santa are you planning on?

• i've already signed up for next year too... image

i'm happy to note that i've been perfectly fine today, my muscles are not sore at all, i might be getting fit eventually lol

• Wonder if he's bought you a present seeing as he didn't support your run. Then again.. he may be nervous meeting virtuals anyway image

We talked about the December Battersea I think, but the conversation's slightly hazy......image

• Good evening peeps. Regarding the Garmin accuracy my 305 said 10.39km and my nike+ which is the best I have calibrated it said 10.15km. The thing I don't get is my garmin said 54.10, my nike+ said 54.10, and my chip time was 54.16. Considering I started the Garmin just before the start mat and just after the finish mat this confuses me.

Regarding Santa runs I did the Battersea park 6k Santa Run last year and thought it was a great laugh. It was one of the first runs I did after the Great North Run and found it very hard though.

• boswandeling was for Mr.K. really.. he likes dressing up image The Nun's Run was good fun, but that was public London roads and bridges so commanded a lot of attention. Thinking about the Santa Run... they should do more London fun runs..where people run.. just for fun. What a great idea image

Signing off cos now the bloody forums are getting addictive.. like signing up for runs! Nite all.

• Please could someone send me the link for signing up next year? My email filter thought it was spam, sent it to deleted items and I've just emptied that folder, without thinking, silly me!

Thanks very much

• Kathryn - can you email me (if you've not already got it) and I'll send to you?
  • I thought this was a well organised race and had a very enjoyable day.

Managed the race in 1hr but could have done better but I stopped to give someone my drink who had just chucked their guts up!!

All in all I am very pleased with the result.

• Well done Buela

What does everyone think of their t-shirt - I was well pleased with mine.  Made a change from the cheap cotton versions.

• Hi

I've just signed up to do it all again next year!

For my first race it was such a great experience, amazing atmosphere and there was always someone willing to spur me on.

Tracy B Congrats lets do sub 60 next year image
    Angel Congrats
    Mr K can't believe I missed your costume but watching back the tv footage I can't remember the course either.

Anyone got any tips to relieve sore thighs image (that sounds really bad lol)

Andyp the free t shirt is huge! from snug to massive lol but it felt good to get the snug bhf top off at the end of the race to wear the big blue tent!

• Lisa Edmeads Yes! I got told off for doing 10miles the week before. Have to just train for a 10k if thats what I want to race! Sub 60 it is.. you're on. Were you pleased you wore BHF top though? Sore thighs.. stretch/freeze spray/deep heat/massage.. erm.. the list is endless image

Mr.K. Even my virtual Yorkshire friend saw the nun in the race image You are famous!

Andyp did you get my msg? Might have gone in  your 'junk' image t-shirt was lovely and cool after run.

Have a good day all....

• TracyB I was pleased I wore my top for charity reasons and the support I received from other BHF supporters! It wasn't uncomfortable just showed off all the bits I normally hide!

Sub 60 it is!! image
  • andyp wrote (see)

Well done Buela

What does everyone think of their t-shirt - I was well pleased with mine.  Made a change from the cheap cotton versions.

Thank andypimage

Unfortunately the t-shirt was absolutely huge for me!!I'm only tiny image also I was a little 'insulted' at getting Wellman 50+ vitamins image

• i was quite pleased at getting wellman tabs as i use them but i can imagine the feeling being under 50
  • andybrook wrote (see)
    i was quite pleased at getting wellman tabs as i use them but i can imagine the feeling being under 50
    And also not being a manimage
  • I got a box of Wellwomen Vitabiotics, there's no age reference on the box lol, might give them a go, feel like I need them at the moment.
  • Lisa Edmeads wrote (see)
    I got a box of Wellwomen Vitabiotics, there's no age reference on the box lol, might give them a go, feel like I need them at the moment.
    I missed those ones image
  • Mr KMr K ✭✭✭
    Lisa Edmeads wrote (see)
     Anyone got any tips to relieve sore thighs image (that sounds really bad lol)

Lisa - keep moving your legs - let the blood flow through your muscles.

Morning all image

• I got the Wellwoman 50+ tablets in my bag!

They went in the bin as I fail on both counts!!

TracyB - Thanks for your message- I replied this morning image

T-shirt was ok for me size-wise.  Can we sign up for next year already?  I'd do it again.

Mr K - I'll look at the tv coverage again when I get in tonight as I kept it on Sky+

• PS when I started i was behind "Woody" & "Chip" the 2 trees - didn;t see me on tele though - just as well - hee hee
  • Hi Guys

DVD's being done as we speak

• I was right in front of a camera at one point but my bro said they didn't really show much other than the elite runners.
  • I watched it last night. The bits filmed seemed to show plenty of Green "C's" and those at the front but not a lot of us in the middle.

I've signed up for next year and will be definitely working for a sub 60minute time.....tempted to go out for a run now.....but it's bucketing down oputside!

I had a garmin 301 on and it put the course down as 10.01k. I have to admit that I did venture wide on some bits and did go from one side of the road to the other whilst negotiating flying water bottles and pedestrians walking right out in front of me!

Still buzzing! Looking forward to next race in June down my way at the ninesprings 9. "Only" 9k but rather hilly/cross country...shame there wont be hundreds lining the route shouting and motivating me along!

Edd

• Just found my official chip time on the website.

I was quicker still at 59:42 (only a second I know but hey!)image

• Hi Tracy - you mentioned on Monday, if you recallimage, that you wanted to do a trail run. I suspect this is too far for you but it looks fun & I am giving it serious thought.

http://www.bfh.org.uk/logjog/race_details.html

• I was on TV for about two seconds when they were interviewing  a runner.

I looked a lot heavier on TV (LOL)

• Leoric - I think that applies to me too.  Whenever I see race photos of me I look "larger than life"image
  • Lisa Edmeads Just show them woman image You are running after all! Guys in the pub will agree that it doesn’t matter what you look like! You’re running which is the important thing! Or .. was it just me that doesn’t care what I look like? image

Would like to say tee was too big too image maybe next year.

Andyp thank you! Will get it later, can’t get yahoo in work. You should have got a priority registration email for next year. I passed the Trees so you were in front of me (although not sub-60).

Schmunkee Fab! Do think you can ask for a donation to a charity in return for it though image

Edd catch up with you next year then if not before. You can still run in rain image

Hi Leoric – it does put about 9lbs on they say. I was on Capital Radio (here she goes again!) in the morning.. not visible Yaaay! but well heard!

T-dog Of course I remember! Do you think I was o’ding on WTS’ anti-o’s? image I looked at some last night actually but were too far. That one’s a bit far but also I’m in Brighton that week….will be jogging down the seafront. Ooooohh perhaps should post a forum, or did Mr.K. suggest that.. ‘who wants to run in Brighton that week?’

Last but by no means least Morning Mr.K. Would you like to start the forum for Bupa 10,000 2010? image