BUPA London 10,000

1171819202123»

Comments

• Trying to work up the enthusiasm to crosstrain, 3 weeks before I'm allowed to try the old ankle out! and go for a run.

at the moment I'm using the excuse that it's too hot image

Maggie Wakeboarding is great you should try it image

TraceyB Thanks, guess I should stop worrying what I look like lol
  • Hi All,

Haven't been running well to chat about it image but have a running buddy/Personal Trainer, that is taking me under his wing as his project image

Yes Lisa.. you not only look fab but your pics were good too.

T-dog.. maybe you were going to fast for them to get your number! I will email you pic tonight - just as well I took my camera image

Maggie well done with your 10k plod! See how far you have come since we started last year?

• Tracy - a personal trainer, get you! Anyone we know? What training does he have planned for you before Sarfend?

I've been out a couple of times, a 3 mile & a 5 mile, since last Monday but the legs are still tired, in fact all of me is tiredimage. Have the Tilty Hilly on Sunday, not looking forward to the hilly bits - but there will be lovely cakes afterwardsimage

• Mr KMr K ✭✭✭
    Tryffydog wrote (see)

I have looked at all the unidentified official photos & all the flickr ones - sweet faimage

TracyB - you'll have to e mail me the one you took before the start so I can prove I was there at allimage

Tryffydog - You were there.....I saw you. And as for the photos I know someone who entered two very large races & not a single photo between them. Well done to tracyB for comming to the rescue.

Its not often I have good race photos - many make me look stationary or not trying.

TracyB - Personal trainer image

• Thank you MrK - the best race photos I have were taken by Fetchies at the Halstead Marathon this year, & freeimage

I expect you always stand out in a crowd, the camera loves a women in stockings even if they weren't fishnetsimage

Edinburgh sound as if it was a complete disaster yesterday.

• T-dog - have sent you photo. Hope it's ok, it's the only one we took. Am still waiting for the Baddow pics to come up, although the St Albans in the last 200m made me look like I was actually getting my feet off the ground image

Did a naff run yesterday over the park, did some sprint/walk stuff, and meant to get out tonight but too late home. Out in the morning then. Then a 10miler is planned Sunday.

Good luck with Tilty Hilly

Mr.K. we can't ride on lack of fishnets for ever. You have to find us something new to wind you up about  image

• Had a fab idea today I'd like to share image

Due to my excessive in take of sugar which gives me highs and lows as well as excess weight, I'm combining giving up chocolate, sweets, crisps (along with ice cream/lollies, biscuits and cakes so I don't substitute), as part of my charity event this year which is running two halves in two weeks (RTTB and Royal Parks).

Now I've publicly 'outed' it I will have to do it. I am doing it from tomorrow until after Royal Parks Oct. This should finally sort the weight and the sometimes lack of positive attitude and make me lighter on my feet which should have happened ages ago... If you knew me, you'd know it is a challenge in itself as I am an extreme choco/sweetoholic.

Thank you  for letting me share - like you had a choice image (or should this have been a new forum image ? )

• TracyB, above is listed all the pleasures in my life, although cakes are probably top favourite for me!

I am supposed to be doing both those halves in the Autumn, but may have to choose between them later in the year. 

I support your decision re sweet things totally, but it may end up as only virtual support, as I am bound to scoff the odd cake or twoimage.  I am sure your nbf Personal Trainer will be monitoring you too!

Enjoy the sunshine everyone, think today might be the last hot day this weekimage.

• TracyB Is your new personal trainer fit? image, and well done you for outing your demons. Not sure I want to give up sweet things, it's one of the reasons I run in the first place. I've pretty much cut out alcohol at home which was one of my demons, too inclined to finish a bottle of opened wine if you know what I mean. Hope your willpower holds strong!!! Goodluck!!

My personal trainer (Husband who has a degree in sports science) has put me on a weights and core stability program, hopefully this will help my running and put a stop to the injuries.

MaggieS off to enjoy the last of the sunshine, a hammock is calling image

• gmikegmike ✭✭✭
    **Breaking News **

"Stock Market in turmoil as Cadbury's shares plummet .. Financial guru's attribute down turn to sudden drop in revenue" image

Person Trainer aye ... probably some bronzed adonis no doubt ... just watch that max heart rate TracyB image
  • Maggie are you doing the two halves for charity? then you could build in your illegal sweet things into your fundraising event. We've both been running over a year.. and we both still want to lose weight.. What do you say? image

nbf Personal Trainer does try to stop me but not hard enough, and is soft enough to 'let me off''.

Hi Lisa, I don't really drink indoors for exactly the same reason  but I considered giving that up completely too, but as some know.. I like a drop of the red stuff. Will find out if PT has a degree in social science.. will this make him stop me eating chocolate? or I need to get him to help me work on my core? image

Hey gmike, they will all be affected, Cadburys, Walkers, Haribo (not even veggie!), McCoys, Green & Blacks (for my posh moments!). Bronzed adonis, I wish image but then if he was he'd be off training the likes of Jennifer Aniston, Madonna, Demi Moore, and perhaps Katie Price (a bit more local) image

• Yesterday, pyramid training 10 mins easy, 30secs fast, 30secs easy, 1 min fast, 1 min easy etc. to 2mins and back down again.

Today 5k easy pace running at 65%.

Tomorrow 15mins out, faster back.

Weighed myself (not sharing that) and have included no junk as above in sponsored charity event... will confess to bingeing on up to 4 choc bars a day more recently - is that a chocoholic for real? image

Watch this space.  Bring it on PT image

Have a nice day all image

• Mr KMr K ✭✭✭

TracyB - Cracking stuff there. Looks a good programme. image

gmike - LOL, I bet some checked thier `stocks`....monetary or otherwise image 

Did you rejoin FETCH in the end?

Everybody still running?

• Yesterday, 1 hr on the crosstrainer, 800 cals burnt, 50 sit ups, lots of time in the hammock
    ;-)

Today lots more hammock time (rest day) and a good book

Tommorow the dreaded weights!!!!! and more crosstrainer

Friday Wakeboarding if weather holds, fingers and toes crossed!

2 weeks and i can run!!!!!! yipeeeeeee

TracyB when you say 4 choc bars is that 4 normal size? i've quite often done one of those huge bars of cadburys so 4 small not that bad image

• TracyB I got 'normal' places in each of the 2 halves, I just can't ask peeps for money for sponsorship.  But I will prob only do one of  the halves, pending on how fit/unfit I am by then!   However, I am with you all the way on no more sweeties etc....except I bought a bag of 5 jam doughnuts on the way home from work last night!!

Lisa and Tracy I am dead impressed with all that training, no wonder I am a plodder!

Mr K, I can add a 5k plod to the running for today, can't do more cos knees always a bit crook after skating on Tues.  Pilates tonight..

Have a lovely sunny day y'allimage

• Hello Mr.K. You know I only mix with the best image I'll also have you know that I've been nowhere near anyone's stocks and have no wish to do so.. remember.. I don't do dates image So what have you been up to? Next race...?

Lisa Yes.. like kitkats 4fingers image and if I'm being 'good' I have Walkers S&V and not McCoys! But NO MORE! IT'S ALL OVER image I did crunches (ab cruncher so cheated) and few push-ups but Supportive Son thinks 'girly version' are pointless to the full out 'man version' - he's been doing them too. What's it like being married to your PT?

Maggie  I've done one sponsor  page for BOTH halves.. as that's my challenge (www.justgiving.com/tracyblisstwohalves) .. yes yes.. I know Mr.K. but I can be googled anyway and giving permission to stalkers means they aren't technically stalking ;) - and included my not junk Pledge! Why can't you ask for sponsorship? Just do it all online so you don't have to actually ask.. send emails image Okay, so donuts was yesterday not today, move on image Put them behind you (where my chocolate is!). I am still a plodder.. poor PT doing 10miles at my pace Sunday image Skating??

• Oh Tracy- ive never heard of pryamid trainning before- what a good idea! how are u finding it?

Ps- i would also like to confess.... I AM A CHOCOHOLIC.......... feel better now. thank you.

• Hi Hummo - it made the easy run today seem easier... or was I just grateful it was easier ? image Apparently only one speed sesh a week.. not sure if that's standard, or just for me.

Thank you for your chocaholic support image

• Hi Guys

Sorry - not read this thread since I last posted but I seem to remember there was a chat about the Great Capital Run.

Just wanted to let you know that my source was right and the GCR is on 13 Sept and it is a 5k

It would seem the London 10,000 will be the only capital based 10k in the Great Run series

Sorry - thread hijack over

• hellooooooooooo Tracy! 

Im gonna give the speed work a go- ive got up to about 40 miles pw now, so would be good focusing on my times now- i really need to get a hr monitor or watch that can help me plan...

So Schmunkee, can we enter the GCR yet then?

x

• 5k.. is tempting for a PB... I'm doing the Adidas Womens 5K, was planned for a PB but now it's supporting friends who just starting running. 40 miles??!! Wow.. that would knock off some kitkats image
  • Hi Hummo - not yet, but keep an eye on the Great Run website.  You can register to be sent an e-mail when entries open tho
  • Schmunkee thanks heaps for DVD.. I haven't watched it yet. Received it last night. What's the thing with the Great Run.. it's only 5K but is it a fab run or something?

Training update: Did 15 mins out, 13.37 back ! How did I do it? Did I cheat and run uphill out and downhill back? No! I pictured myself running after fit PT image I have however, twinged something in right thigh image Wonder if he does sport massge image

Have a good day all

• Morning all,

had a small op at the docs yesterday image so no training for a week or so image. In a bad mood and weather has turned so no hammock.

TracyB whats it like being married to my pt? ....... ok but if I don't want to do something I tell him go jump lol!

Hope everyone is well

I'm off to sulk
  • Aww Lisa, hope your days are sunny again soon, wishing u speedy recovery (no pun intendedimage)

I am trying to get to grips with my shiny new HRM!!  My physio saw me out plodding on the street and thought I was struggling (well, I was, but no more than usual!)   So decided to buy a cheap HRM, got the Garmin 50 as the new replacement FR60 model costs almost 3 times as much(!!)so that I could plod along and monitor my heart rate etc.  Good idea??  Now trying to work out what zone I should program up so that I can get fitter whilst burning loads of fat (ie cakes consumed).  Gonna try a 10K tomorrow morning, see how slow I have to go before I could chat whilst plodding.

Anyone got any advice on this, all suggestions gratefully received.

• gmikegmike ✭✭✭

Hi Maggie

Really need to do a max test, don't worry it doesn't hurt  ... much image, and a minimum test to assertain your working heart rate. You can then work out your training 'zones'.

There's a page on here somewhere that covers it all I'll try and find a link and post it 

edit ... TRY THIS

• Hi Mike

Thanks for the link, I have now read up on the heart rate stuff, there are quite a few varying theories out there!!  Anyway, I have programmed the Garmin with heart rate zones etc (haven't actually done the max test yet image although min is around 60bpm) but I am not best friends with the darn watch!  My Sunday 10K was inadvertently wiped out before upload and I am finding it difficult to toggle thru the options on the watch.  Only now am I reading that lots of peeps have had probs setting up and using this particular model (guess u get what you pay for).

Working nights this week, may try a verrrry slow 5k tomorrow morning to trial the zones etc.

Tks again

• Hi everyone

I'm thinking of entering and want to raise money for charity through my place but i have no idea if i'll be able to collect sponsorship for a 10k! Has anyone done the run for charity before? How much do you think i might be able to raise? Is £300 achievable?

Thanks

Emma

• Hi Emma

yes, both my son and I did it and raised money for a local charity, we raised about £300 between us (but the same people sponsored us both so gave us each half the money they would have given if only one of us was doing it). I guess it depends on your circle of friends, people at work tend not to sponsor me but the people from the church are very generous. Also depends on if this is your first 10k or if you've done loads - if it is your first they will be more likely to sponsor you.