BUPA London 10,000

Comments

• No  race pack for me yet netiher...............
  • Nor me!

For a newbie could you explain the colour/zone thing...is it according to predicted race time or just luck?

I'll be heading towards the back anyway!

Edd

• Neither me nor my son have recieved ours yet, perhaps the slowest get theirs last!
  • I haven't seen the details Edd but this is usually the case.

It helps the fast guys by not having lots of slower runners for them to negotiate around.  It also helps the slower runners as there's a risk they could go off too fast if surrounded by faster runners.

I'll be with you.  I'm looking at about 60 mins.

• Hi Tracy

No e mail received. Am off out now but will check again later this evening.

Andy/Edd - I'm sure I put my time about 59 min & I'm in A blue, guess that's about right.

• Yes, it's usually according to the time you predicted. Can't remember mine but would still love a sub-60 so will be with you andyp image

Newbie, good luck image 

• I haven't received my race pack yet either, so I phoned up this morning.  Good news...Everyone should receive them by this Saturday....
  • Hey T-Dog, Sorry, didn't see your post.

Okay no worries, wasn't sure it would work through the site. Was thinking around 8am, an hour to get up there, an hour to find way around.. is that too early? was just  a starting point.... also gives time to empty of wees image I get very conscious of that and not wanting to stop during the run.. especially at my age. Wonder if other girls worry about that....

Let me know if you'd like to. No worries if not. I'd recognise you easily by the fur image

T

• Hi Tracy

Yeah that seems about right, I was going to get to Hainault about 8.00 but I may drive to Newbury Park instead. Is the parking Ok there? I lived in Hainault for 10 yrs until 1995 so sort of know my way around.

Will you be wearing the same outfitimage I have a bladder the size of a pea so constantly worry about where the loos areimage

• oooohhh fab... we can stop for wees all the way up there image I like to be emptied before I run image

Yes, there's a car park right at newbury park station but don't know if it's free on sundays.. not sure it is. Can check tomorrow if you like. It's right on the A12 the station. It's changed a bit since 95 round here.

No, have been asked if am wearing the horns.. so luckily they couldnt see my tail too image I will be wearing red though!

Will you be sporting the black and white fur look? I hear it's very in these days.

T

• Fantastic, will be leaving the fur at home that day... hoping it will be a touch too warm.

Will probably wear my Fetch vest if it is warm enough, saves changing at the other end.

Am really looking forward to this race but hope my legs will have recovered from the marathon I did last Sundayimage Saw lots of girlies peeing thereimage

• Ah, you are on Fetch too? I was taken over there, but have too many sites to look at when log on, so left it. And my times aren't fast enough to worry about logging PBs image

I couldn't do that. Would worry about logistics of squatting, in case it got all over me!!

What time did you do? Have entered ballot for next year but my charity challenge this year is two half maras in two weeks.. god help me!

Am hoping for sub-60 and been training shorter faster distances, but is unlikely as still 1hr 6-8 on 10k, or was at St Albans on Sunday.

• I managed 4:52 on Sunday, a PB by 3 mins! Was hoping for better but was a touch warm.

When are your halves?

My 10k PB is bout 1:02 but am really hoping to do better off my marathon fitness, will probably fail miserably.

There was a Fetch point at the marathon which was great support & provider of goodies, they also took some great photos. http://picasaweb.google.com/JonandVicky/HalsteadMarathonMay2009 I'm the fifth row down, #10.

There will be a similar group on the 25th.

• Marathon's are a real leveller for men and women alike. Especially the pee's and t'others!  I'll always be eternally grateful that there was nobody in the queue at The Dores Hotel at mile 16/17 on the Loch Ness Marathon in '06 - saved a lot of, erm, embarassment (and re-dying of shorts!!!)imageimage.

I learned a lot that day - principally - there's no dignity in Long Distance Running!  Thank goodness for pine trees on General Wade's Military Road!

Good luck to all for the BUPA 10000 - I'm starting to get excited now. Hope the drummers and other music is there again - some great supoort last year - despite the rain.

• Hi DW, it's not that I mind squatting - it's the technicalities of spillage image Good luck in the run.

T-Dog, that's fab! I put in the ballot for next year, what an achievement it would be (and miracle!). I am doing the two halves Run to the Beat (did it last year as my first half ever) end Sept, then Royal Parks two weeks later begin-Oct. Is my charity challenge for this year. Takes me 2weeks plus to recover! Also got Southend half in June.

Ah yes! I'll recognise you now image fab pics. I thought Fetch was a good site, but have so many on the go, I get lost which ones to log in to. Also, more of a leisure runner, and easy-going - wasn't sure what to do with it apart from log my runs.

• GladragsGladrags ✭✭✭

can i join? i can't remember entering this one so receiving the race pack yesterday was a bit of a surprise! image - but I did the FLM and have been doing some short runs since so hope I'll be ok...

Marathon was 4h54 - so think I'll probably come in at about the 60 minute mark for this one - am in blue zone B - right in the middle of the field!

was v impressed with the race pack? all sounds v well organised? even if Steve Smythe's race build up plan did tell us how to train for the last 3-4 weeks, and there's only 10 days to go! image

• Hi Gladrags

Same zone as me, think I estimated 59-60 mins. Well done for FLM, was it your 1st?

• GladragsGladrags ✭✭✭

hi tryffydog - no it was FLM number 4 - have got the bug!

will be weird running the last few miles of the FLM route in reverse - looking forward to it!

will you have your name on your shirt? can't decide whether to bother or not...

• Hadn't thought about it. Will be wearing Fetch vest if the weather is suitable so probably not room!

I did FLM in 2007 & have done my local marathon in Halstead 2008 & 2009 (last Sunday). Really looking forward to running around the sights.

• Got my pack and four safety pins image

Am erm.... green - will surely overtake the blues! Am confident! Particularly seeing as I'm trying for sub-60! image

• Are you at the front of the greens Tracy?  The race starts in batches I think but not sure how much time in between.

• oh! Thanks.. am A so the first batch.. phew.. will end up at the back anyway image usually cos I look for a loo the minute before the start gun!

T-Dog, in case you need to chat nearer the time, or something, for arrangments, my email is tracybliss1@yahoo.co.uk

• You forget we are going on pub crawl on the way...................pub as in public convenienceimage

Thanks for the address, I will e mail you nearer the time.  

• ;) Have you been to pubs along the central line route ?!

If anyone else is coming from Essex on Central Line, feel free to shout to join us on the journey image

• GladragsGladrags ✭✭✭

didn't know it started in batches? was that in the pack somewhere?

am assuming it will be quite crowded - anyone done it before - is it really possible to aim for a time?

like the pub crawl idea!

am not a fetchie - is it the way to go?

• Hi Gladrags

in the mag that comes with your number on page 22 shows the red, blue and green order, and in the colours it says A B C.. that's the letter on your number.

Havent done this one - did British London last year so someone else can answer image

The pub crawl was to empty of wees before the run!

Some people swear by Fetch. www.fetcheveryone.com I think it is.

Tracy

• The Fetch supporters on Sunday were brilliant.image

• GladragsGladrags ✭✭✭

will look into fetch - i did register a while ago but never quite got the hang of it....

I did see the line up of how we all start - I just thought that i was in blue pen number 2 - didn't realise that they were going to start us at intervals? or have i misunderstood?

• I'm sure I read somewhere in the pack that we start in waves unless that means mexican wavesimage 

I'm always silly on a Thursday cos it's Friday for me (4 day week)image

• I haven't received my pack yet either?  should I be worried?