Options

Coniston 14

Comments

• Options

91 minutes is a very good time that is a long way from bumbling my Pb i did in 2007 of 86 mins would love to beat it this year if only to get in the pub first to order dinner

• Options
    My 91 mins was a loooooooonnnnnnggggggg time ago.  I can only dream of that now.
  • Options
    Pete I need to prove to myself that I can do it again and it wasnt just a fluke.  EH  91 minutes is fantastic I have been staggering round this course for about 9 years now and that is a time I can jsut dream about
  • Options

Like I said before 91 mins was so long ago I can hardly remember. I am just happy I am still running.

Anyhow If you guys are wearing your Wesham vests I wil find you. I will have my black and white Chorley vest on.  

• Options

I've just been reading through the thread and it seems that some people have already had their numbers through.

I've not received mine yet, does anyone know when they were sent out? Should I start panicking?

I'm looking forward to the weekend, I plan to walk up the Old Man on Sunday (legs willing!).

• Options
    Hi Ted - I received my number about this time last week.  I suggest that a check that your entry was accepted (email confirmation/credit card bill?) would be in order followed by an email query  to the organisers - see the website - if it was.
  • Options

No 1417 - first time for this race.

Training totally stuffed by repeat colds.

Can anyone whos done it describe how hilly it is ?

• Options
    Found my confirmation e-mail, will wait to see if there is anything waiting for me at home tonight, then e-mail them if there isn't. Fingers crossed I'm in, I've been looking forward to this for ages...image
  • Options
    patrunnerpatrunner ✭✭✭
    Might walk up an old man myself if I have enough energy left!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Graham it's undulating. I have done it about 9 times and I dont like hills gt Langdale seemed much worse to me. Coniston is a lovely race everyone is very friendly theres a lovely atmosphere most times I've done it its been very cold at start but once you set off it seems to warm up very quickly scenery fantastic. Just enjoy and at the end of the day if you have to walk who cares. Youll love it and i bet you come back for more
  • Options

Thanks  Nurse, I feel better already.

See you down there. I'll be wearing a blue top and blue shorts with a blue / black Hydrapak !!!

• Options
    Graham the first 4 miles are a steady climb then you pass a land rover garage and a few miles of easy running. At roughly 10m you have a few hills then about 12 you hit your last one and there on in an easy run in. Best of luck its a nice course the last few years at least 2 water stations ( in cups )
  • Options

Hi everyone,

I have a spare ladies number for Coniston 14 on the 28th because my girlfriend has bottled it! I can either pop it in the post or meet up on the Friday eveing or on the morning of the race.

Tom (Sheffield)

thomas_smith_1@hotmail.com

• Options

Got my race pack finally! image

I got in the other night and there was a card from Royal Mail saying they had tried to deliver a letter but it had insufficient postage on. I had to pay for it online before they would deliver it, when it came yesterday it turns out that the people in the Coniston 14 office must have popped it in the post without any stamps on! I suppose if they're sending thousands out there are bound to be a few mistakes, and at least I got it in the end.

I wonder if they'll give me £1.42 off next year's entrance fee? image

• Options
    patrunnerpatrunner ✭✭✭

Hi Tom I have just forwarded your e-mail address to my friend as she really wants to run it as a crowd of us from East Cheshire are running it.  She will contact you.  We are staying at Ship Inn come in and introduce yourself

Thanks

• Options
    Got the e-mail ok thanks. Will pop the number in the post over the weekend. Glad to help another runner!
  • Options
    Off for a week skiing if still in one piece see you all at Coniston.
  • Options

not long now peeps image

really looking forward to this one........... 

• Options

Hi all,

Just dropping in to see if anyone has a spare number they don't need????

I hear runners can swap names on entry for the next 7days, if anyone wants to offload an entry (and get their money back) I would be VERY interested !!!!

.... mail me

DoT - hope the celebrations go well ;¬) 

• Options

Hey RNM - Good to see you there if you can get a number - although it'll obviously push me another place down the finishing order!

Mate of a mate is bringing some canoes up so Saturday afternoon may be on the lake, then Saturday night we'll be in the Black Bull!

Group of us likely to be heading up the Old Man on Sunday, then see how the legs feel for the rest of my stay - I'll be getting to be an old man myself by then and I don't want to be overdoing it at my age!!

• Options

Hi

Just joining the queue of people trying to get a number for this race!

Please email me at ac@cottier.co.uk or message me and I can arrange a swift payment if you have one to offload.

Heres hoping....

Andy

• Options

Hi

I have a spare number as I am unable to enter the race this year. Does anyone want one?

• Options
    P.s email me if interested   'blackmoreruth@yahoo.co.uk'
  • Options

Hi still have a number going spare email if interested ' blackmoreruth@yahoo.co.uk'

Ruth

• Options
    Still looking for a number if anyone has one ...... Ruths has gone image
  • Options

My Coniston number has now been taken.

Thanks

Ruth

• Options

So anyone live in the area? What is the weather currently like? 40kmph winds in Newcastle image. Please don't be windy!

Looking forward to this one. My first time here.

• Options

I believe the weather forcast is windy with blustery showers, sometimes heavy.

Sounds about right for the lakes. Never mind It's the same for us all.

I dont care if it thunders and lightning. I'm going to enjoy it.

• Options

Hi all! Heading up to Coniston tomorrow and looking forward to saturday ...though the weather looks a bit nastier than when I last ran two years ago! Gale force winds and snow showers?!?

I'll be running in a Blackheath Old Girls vest....probably with a thermal underneath!!

Enjoy everyone!image

• Options
    Graham Bentley wrote (see)

No 1417 - first time for this race.

Training totally stuffed by repeat colds.

Can anyone whos done it describe how hilly it is ?

Lovely and undulating till the dreaded 11th mile. I had a rotton throat infection last year and was unable to train properly. 2007 was a dream however and my first Coniston. The weather was perfect. Metcheck is telling me there are going to be 20 mph northerly winds which means running against it in the return leg. Conserve your energy in prep for th 11th mile. Last year I shuffled it and added only 10 mins onto the time I got in 2007. Was proper poorly when I got back but soon recovered with some gorgeous strawberry beer at the Black Bull. Hope you're feelin better Graham.