The A20 Pathway 17.3

Comments

• Jamil

Thanks for that, i am number 113. thats put my mind at rest.

• Jamil - How are you legs today after Sunday's race?

• Tracey- legs are not bad just feel a bit weird but that is how they have felt before any of the 2 Halfs done in the last 2 weeks.  May be just Nerves!!

Going Gym 2nite to loosen up ( maybe do 2 miles)& sit in Jacuzzi image  

I hope they are ok as after this run I am planning to do the Bedford Oakley 20!!

• Hi,

found this run a couple of days ago and have persuaded myself (and hopefully a friend) to join in too.  I've just emailed the organisers to find out if i've left it too late for postal entries.   am i blind because i cannot see an online entries link?

i too have done 2 halfs in the past 2 weeks (milton keynes and hastings) hated the first and just about enjoyed the second.  my left thigh has only just recovered so i am out for a very slow plod tonight (and i'm shockingly slow anyway!) 

very happy to hear there are going to be others in my time zone....i reckon i will finish between 3-3.15 hours.

see you all sunday!

• Natrie - you can enter on the day for £20.

• Tracey G - there are 5 water stations on the route  sunday - also one at the finish - Jamil , all hotel facilities are free -make use of them !  I have re-instated the online entries till friday , otherwise you will be entering on the day .
  • Multisport - thank you. Looking forward to this race now as my running club mates are doing it. We are coming down for the weekend. My husband has a hill bike ride planned for Saturday with his mates and then it is my day on Sunday. We are staying in the campsite just under a mile away.
  • Jamil and Mr Bojangles,

How did you find out your race numbers as I understand it that you pick your number up on the day.

• FREE! I like Free Wooppeeimage so should have no worries about cramps driving almost 2hrs home then. As I will use the Sauna /Jacuzzi ( if available) to FULL effect!! Thanks Multisport!

Now all I need to do is try to jog at 11min milesthe 17.3 miles rather then walk it at 20min miles!

• Has anyone mapped this run on MAP MY RUN so we can see the size of gradient we are about to FACE???
  • Only looked at the route on memory map. That first hill after we turn of the A20 looks tasty.
  • OH NICE!image well looks like a 4 hr time for me then image
  • But then you get to go down hill on a similuar hill back down to the A20. And the bit at the top of the hill looks flat.

• It looks a lot easier after that first big hill. So we must not go too mad along the A20 and save some energy to get up the BIG hill.
  • Oh Ok! so struggle to topimage then just roll down like a zorbing ballimage!!!!& I mean litarely role down, not jog/walk!
  • It is always best to have the hill at the begining image
  • does anyone know the gradient of this HILL?
  • No idea but it is 1.3 miles long according to Autoroute.
  • The hill is 1.3 miles long according to Autoroute.

• Tracey-you really know how to keep me HAPPY!!!image
  • Jamil - I will not be steep if it goes on for that long. This race is not as bad as I thought it was going to be. Bill from my club will be running slow, so you can join us. We can chat and take our minds of the race. I bet you finish before me.image
  • I Doubt it! but hey will be nice meet face to face! one of my mates may be coming along but he does the half in like 1.45!! yes a NUTTER!!! image
  • My half time is 2.12, so am slow too image
  • My PB half time is 2.25, so what does that make me??? image

• My half pb was 2.21 until Sussex Beacon half.
  • All packed at ready to get our caravan and pick daughter up from school.

• caravan?? thought u were camping!

Well My wife & Kids do not wanna join me on this one so It will be a 5am start on the day image

• We are in our lovely warm caravan right now image See you in the morning. Look out for runners in Dagenham 88 vests.
  • Oooooouuuucccchhhh! That was a beast!

Massive respect to the air cadets who were awesome today.