Options

South Cheshire 20

124»

Comments

• Options
    Bham SnailBham Snail ✭✭✭
    I know that after the first mile I will be running with no one in sight, just little old me, the hills and the demons that tell me that I cannot run any further image
  • Options

weather forecast keeps changingimage

May get a little wet tomorrow now!

• Options

It was supposed to rain this afternoon (mid Cheshire) but it hasn't and never looked like doing so.

bbc weather forecast online latest suggests it may rain a bit for the start and hopefully clear up.

Because there's many more runners than last year i'm getting there early as i don't know what parking will be like. 

• Options
    B'ham Snail - if you're definitely going to be at the back - look out for me - Bournville Harriers vest image
  • Options

I enjoyed todays race although i died in the last 3 miles.

Hills were not as bad as i expected.Someone had told me there was a bad one at 14 but that didnt appear.

Apologies to Birmingham snail i saw you as we were going to the start but for some reason i couldnt remember if you were plodding hippo or Birmingham snail-so i said nowt!image

Think i was speaking to eric boslem who's in this thread pre race-i was the fella asking for weight loss adviceimage

All in all it was a well organised race thanks to everyone involved

• Options

ran this today and thoroughly enjoyed it, well after I'd finished, like many I suffered a treat in the last 3 and the constant up and down were tough, but the course is well varied and some nice views.

Brill organisation and plenty of marshalls out with good voices.

Recommend this for next year.

• Options
    eric bozlemeric bozlem ✭✭✭

Brilliant race,never had mile markers that accurate before,weather great,marshalls superb and just a absolute pleasure to do,WELL Done.

Hope you had a good un Mugpunter and keep it up!!

• Options

I was 9 minutes quicker than in the Stafford 20 so was happy enough.

Told the wife i'm going on the cheese n onion sandwich diet for the next 4 weeks before the Westbridge 5 to see if i can shift a bit!

• Options

Well done Mugpunter on pb.

I messed up my pacing.  How can you be 6 minutes ahead of your schedule at 10k.  Because i was so far ahead and despite completely dying on my feet in the last 5 miles i came home bang on target.

Had a sleep this afternoon and feel better now.

Could someone tell me how to drink water from plastic cups.  At  the second water station i choked on the water and struggled to get my breath.  I felt like i was drowning.

• Options

Hi folks, thank you very much for coming today and glad people seem to have mostly had a decent day of it. Weather was kind and (unless you tell me otherwise) there didn't seem to be any significant organisational foul-ups.

We've set up a feedback form at www.southcheshireharriers.org.uk/clubraces/20m/20m_main.php
    so please let us know how it went (good or bad - we can always try to improve things), and it would also help us with scheduling and advertising the race next year to know how you heard about it and whether you had any particular reasons for running it (eg marathon training).

There are loads of photos up at http://www.southcheshireharriers.org.uk/SCHGallery/index.cgi?mode=album&album=2009/May and I think we had another photographer whose efforts aren't up there yet, so worth checking back again in the next couple of days.

Results have been sent to UKresults and our own webmaster, so should be online soon, hopefully within a few hours.

When your legs have recovered, please think about coming again! Cheers, Charlie

• Options

Hello all image  Well, after totally dreading this race for the small field and the hills, I was more than pleasantly surprised. Yes, some of the hills killed me, but the first 8 miles were a delight.  According to my garmin I came in 7 mins quicker than Ashby - just under 3:30, so I'm over the moon at that image  If I find myself planning to run Edinburgh again next year, I'll be back... (never thought I'd hear myself say that!)

Fantastic marshals, organisation and a credit to SCH.

Cap66 - I gave up trying to drink from plastic cups while carrying on running the first time I tried it. On runs this length I've decided it's better to just walk through the stations and run after I've had my drink.  Pinching the rim of the cup to create an oval shape you can just pour into your mouth does help though image

• Options

Thanks Yeti and well done.

I'm too competative with myself too slow down too take on water, but today it could have ended my run at 7 miles, so maybe slow down a little next time.

• Options
    Bham SnailBham Snail ✭✭✭
    Well I came last again, but one bonus was I won my group, W, "Group Winner plate", as no one else from my group ran the race.
  • Options

Cheers for a great race CharlieR went like clockwork Thank You and with great marshals to offer support .Was a tough 20 miler but great final long run before Edinburgh many hills that one at mile 9-10 trashed my legsimage and slowed me up but just nipped in under 2:40 so happy with that.

Cracking run through some lovely countryside . See you soon prob bump into you at Milford again next year.

• Options
    Bham Snail - well done on the plate image  And now I think I know who you were!  Did I catch you up under the M6 bridge?
  • Options
    Bham SnailBham Snail ✭✭✭
    yeti, I was at the back all the way round, the only time I saw any one else was when I caught up with a man in a black top at 17 mile, just before he pulled out of the race.
  • Options
    Bham Snail - you must have been the lady I ran with for the first 7 miles then?!?
  • Options
    Bham SnailBham Snail ✭✭✭

Sorry but it was not me, I was further behind you, I ran with a lady from Bournville for the first 4 miles, than the rest on my own, except when I was running with the dark grey van collecting in all the signs and a man in a black car that kept the traffic way from me.

• Options
    Bham Snail - I was that lady from Bournville who started at the back with you and the marshal on the bike.
  • Options
    Bham SnailBham Snail ✭✭✭
    Oh......... Hi.....How did you do?
  • Options
    Came in 6th from last - 3:26 ish. VERY, very pleased with that image
  • Options
    Bham SnailBham Snail ✭✭✭
    Well done, that's wonderful, will you be back next year? image
  • Options

There is now an organiser's report (ie my ramblings) on the race page at http://www.southcheshireharriers.org.uk/clubraces/20m/20m_main.php

(there's a link to a pdf file, but if you have better things to do with your time the abbreviated version is thank you very much for coming, thank you for your overwhelmingly positive feedback, and hope to see many of you next year.)

Also lots more (I think rather better) photos here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/great_northern_running

As I asked the guy in question to take pics for us I am assuming he is happy for people to download them, but I'm double checking with him.

• Options

Hi Charlie - good pics image  Just a quick note - there's one of me (with Bham Snail behind me) which is labelled "no. 67" but should be "87" - can you pass that on to whoever owns them?  Cheers!

I like looking through the whole set of photos - see what it must have been like at the front and middle of the field - it was lonely at the back (but enjoyable all the same)