Pose Method

13»

Comments

• Tri to runTri to run ✭✭✭
    I switched to this method in February, and have been suffering from horrendous blisters ever since. The worst are on the back, inside edge of the ball of my foot, slightly into the arch, which I guess gets more friction when I land on the forefoot. On the left in particular I get a blood blister there after every run, and when it's painful, I think my running style changes, which is aggravating an old knee injury, (N.B.: it got squashed & twisted under a crowd at a gig last summer).

I went to see the podiatrist at Up & Running, Hyde, and he's advised switching back to heel to toe as that's what I do naturally. He thinks most runners will only naturally go up onto their toes when sprinting.

Not sure what to do now - obviously I want to run faster, but any benefits of the POSE method evaporate when I'm compensating for blisters, and I don't want my knee to suffer any more.

Jane
  • Sounds too much like hard work to me!! I like running coz it means it doesn't tax my brain lol, if i actually have to start thinking about how i do it I think i'd have to find a new hobbie!
  • ChaosChaos ✭✭✭
    Does sound a bit horrible TTR. Are you finding you have to purposely point your foot down to achieve the forefoot strike? I understand this shouldn't be done and so wonder if it might be part of your problem. Perhaps you could try posting something on the Pose forum about this?
  • ChaosChaos ✭✭✭
    FYI - Got a reply back from the Posetech people about their London Clinic:-

"We are doing our next clinic in London, and places are still available. You can register at our website, and address all your questions to our local host, Steve Freastone. His telephones are: 07702 555 211, or 0208 641-2010.
    As usual all our clinics are aimed at regular people who are just joggers, but want to do that better. With professionals Dr. Romanov is working separately, and their sessions are paid by their respective teams: British, American, or Mexican. And if he is working with them on a personal basis, then they are paid directly by those people.
    If you have any other questions, please, do not hesitate to contact me.
    Sincerely,
    Dr. Svetlana Romanov "
  • DazDaz ✭✭✭
    thanks chaos, i might try this
    Endurance Coach @ DazCarterFitness.com
    Elite Ironman, Ultra Trail Runner
  • ChaosChaos ✭✭✭
    Daz. Just spoke to Steve - he said that fuller details will be up on the Posetech website next week. It's likely to be held at Kingston University & may be just a one-day course rather than the full 3 days.

See you there possibly!
  • DazDaz ✭✭✭
    Do you know the date off hand (I'll look at website later anyway - bit of a lazy git!)?

Kingston is the biz for racing !
  • ChaosChaos ✭✭✭
    at the moment it's June 14/15th (though it may end up just being Sat 14th)
  • ChaosChaos ✭✭✭
    Bit of an old thread to dredge up - but is anyone else doing the Posetech clinic in Kingston this weekend?

The guy who runs it is currently working with the GB national triathlon squad over in Swansea at the moment so it looks pretty legit.
  • popsiderpopsider ✭✭✭
    No but I would be really interested in a full report is you would oblige?

How much are they charging - it is certainly something I would consider if it were local.
  • ChaosChaos ✭✭✭
    Naturally popsider! Just wrap my knuckles severely if I start coming over all "born again runner" & gordon-pirie-like in my attitude.

It does look quite pricey on the face of it at but being a full two days of coaching/video-analysis/etc it works out at not that much per hour. I'm also comparing it to the cost of the physio & sports massage sessions that I'm having to pay for at the moment. They quickly add up!
    Anyway - I'm avoiding your other question. It's $350 which is about £200 at the mo' and there are more UK clinics later in the year - London and Manchester.
  • DazDaz ✭✭✭
    Hi Chaos,
    damn, totally forgot about this. would be v interested to know how it went though.

i still tend to lean a little forward now on my running. want to keep it up. dont think im anywhere near the kind of angle you are supposed to do it though