Options

Birmingham and Black Country Half-Marathon

Comments

• Options
    Stewby, hope you have recovered ok and not been put off entering more events. Best wishes.
  • Options

KAKS, our club Wrekin Road Runners is just what you're looking for!

I don't train, just race, and to turn up to an event and see others in the same kit is great. They are all friendly even when you have never met them they feel like friends from the off.

• Options

Cheers Dave B, I am going to do some homework image 

• Options
    Good promotional work Dave, You after the vice Membership sec job?
  • Options

Good god no! All good fun matey, specially the dancing in New st image

Who is this Abby lady? image

• Options
    The one who thinks your a hottie image
  • Options

lol! Strangest thing i've heard all day!

• Options
    GraemeKGraemeK ✭✭✭

Stewby, it was my sister, Jbelly77 who stopped with the beans, I'll let her know you are ok. She's a quick runner, sub 38 10k runner who shepherds a novice fomer fat bloke around so she wasok without them. It happened to me in Glasgow last year, my first half at about the same distance actually, took me a while of staggering, some kind soul gave me some jelly beans and water and I jogged home from there. The hot weather really slowed me down on Saturday, no honest, it did.

Really glad you are ok.

• Options

i am so relieved to hear the fast boys talking about it taking time for them to feel back to normal
    i thought i was properly injured n sunday - i had been planning a 2 mile recovery jog but i really couldn't, i could barely walk without pain

i have just done a slow 3 miles and left leg is still a bit sore - hence i turned for home after 20 minutes

but R-K, i think you are right, i may well be there on thursday - if only to pick up club grand prix points

• Options

Good job you did Lurks - thank god I gave the club a miss.  We would have been out in it now.

Agree comforting to hear the snakes are taking time to recover tooimage 

• Options
    Just a quick 2.5 round the block for me too tonight - glad I'm not the only one who didn't go to the club - hamstrings really tight so getting the old foam roller out for a (double) dose of pain with Eastenders.. image
  • Options
    not raining here yet
    i don't mind running in the rain anyway - as long as it's summer rain, i think it's fun
  • Options

guys - i was first lady home
    how funny is that?

move over lynda and marrianne - lurker has arrived

pmpl

• Options
    lol wonder if the others turned up - that is also an indication of how tough it was - i turned up and did 5 miles after the stratford half
  • Options

Not raining there - you are only 2.25 miles away - its been absolutely torrential for half an hour!!!Even the cat is frightened.image

Foam roller Yeti - is that like a small paint roller - does it work. Have booked a massage with Joe tomorrow - cant wait for his healing hands. My poor calves dont know whats hit em

• Options

LJB - it's like a giant's paint roller!  It's painful but it's getting more bearable - whether that's because I'm getting used to it or just because there's less damage, I don't know.  Can't afford another massage for a bit - just been charged £25 by the bank for the privilege of paying for the last one!

Lurker - Liking the first lady thing - although I don't see why you shouldn't be!

• Options
    A nice 3.5 for me tonight, nice and slow. Still not too sure about Thursday, I will be there but always feel I should be racing events !!!image
  • Options
    SpenceSpence ✭✭✭

A nice glass of wine for me tonight.image

• Options

After Sats performance plus recent weight increase I made a rule of no alcohol M - F in the house

nice cup of tea for meimage

• Options
    GraemeKGraemeK ✭✭✭
    Lovely intervals session for me tonight, felt great, maybe I didn't go fast enough Saturday......
  • Options

I was back out this morning for 7.8 nice and slow after nearly coming a cropper with heat exhaustion (Dextrose tablets are a wonderful thing!) after going out far too rich on Saturday! Did rest yesterday mind.

Compression shorts seemed to help this morning, trying tomorrow without them!

Did anybody else see the guy who went the wrong way round one of the canal disabled gates and put a foot in the canal?!LMAO! What was he thinking!?!?!?

Made me smile anyroad!

• Options

JP - I went to the canal side of a gate, just 'cos I thought it was quicker, but the water was well below the path, so to put a foot in it would've meant falling right in. It must've been a different gate I guess.

HTA here's your result:
    02:11:46 - 480th overall, 385th M, 158th M30 

JFF
    It's looking like Lichfield 10k & RH mara for me, too.

Lurker, LJB, Yeti
    Still think it's a strange idea to have your club night on a Monday. I'll be out with our lot tomorrow (Tuesday), 6 reps round the PnP in Swanshurst Park (that's Pitch n Putt, not Pitcher n Piano, unfortunately). I may cut the session short if I feel knackered. Could be a bit soggy.
    Definately up for the Rowheath 5 though, in my 'vermillion' vest with a 'midnight' horizontal bar...

Hot Tub Alci wrote (see)
    Tough Guy and Race the Train for me next - anyone else mad enough to join me?

Erm... no!

I've just worked out what pmpl means - pmpl!

• Options
    Road kill - I'm doing Robin Hoom mara too , I wanted New Forest but didn't get a place in time, but couldn't face two laps of Wolverhampton. I'll do the Wolves half then RH and the New Forest Half then Snowdonia.
  • Options
    jules_perox wrote (see)

Did anybody else see the guy who went the wrong way round one of the canal disabled gates and put a foot in the canal?!LMAO! What was he thinking!?!?!?

PMPL - I had a clever so n so do that when i was doing a shimmy through the gate the correct way - wish he'd done that .

Mike - see you at Wolves half - not racing until then after Saturday.

• Options
    Cheers Road Kill
  • Options

Hey you guys,

if you could do me a favour and ask about results as soon as you finish and mention that I do display screens etc at the wolverhampton half that would be great.  I didn't get the contract  for that one so would like to encourage them for next year

• Options

Mike - same happened to me, was going to enter NFmara but its full.

not sure if I should enter Robin Hood full mara, will be a bit behind with the schedule image

• Options
    Hey guys, whats the robin hood marathon like, do you recommend ?
  • Options

Ignore the above, it seems to be only 10 weeks away, not going to cripple myself with training for that distance in that short a time.image

Am I being senisible !!!!!

LJB1 wrote (see)

After Sats performance plus recent weight increase I made a rule of no alcohol M - F in the house

nice cup of tea for meimage

LJB! So you'll be sneaking off to the garden shed then.. image

• Options

LJB - what weight increase?!?! you've lost loads!

Chris - I would recommend the Nottingham half, for sure, but not sure that most people are too enamoured with the loneliness in the 2nd half though.  However, it doesn't matter if you've decided against it anyway!