Running with a buggy??

Hi

I have just started running again (my daughter is 6 months old) and can probably run only 2.5 miles.  I used to run up to 8 miles prior to having my 2 year old but did no running inbetween.  I am finding it difficult to motivate myself and have only been goping out 1-2 nights per week.  I don't like running on the dark as I feel unsafe so I was thinking of getting a second hand buggy the motiv jogette.  Does anyone have any experience of running with a buggy and how difficult it is, I don't want it to be one of those things I buy then never use!!

Any help would be appreciated!! 

Comments

• I misread that Sarah...image

I thought you said your 6 month old can run 2.5 miles! image

No idea as to your original question, but well done for even thinking about running after only giving birth late last year. I'm impressed!

• Hi sara, iv being running 20 odd years just started recently with my 16months boy,there a big difference in running with a buggie and without, i think its great to take babbies running, my fella loves it ,first of all i researched alot of joggers and ended up buying the baby jogger performance  series20 inch wheel,i do about 5 or 6miles in the morning i find junior more ready for an outting at this time i also like the morning.the run itself took  a lot getting use to , i slowed my run down but kept the distance,and it is getting easier.my advise would get a good buggie for safety and light to run with  brakes, slow your run down for awhile,youl soon both be enjoying your run.good luckimage
  • CindersCinders ✭✭✭
    Hi Sarah.  LIke Lillian,  I've also got the BJ performance with 20 inch wheels and I've had it nearly a year.  Little man is 14 months old now, been using it since he was 5 months old.  Yep it does slow your run down and its hardish work at first but its great to be out and about with the wee one image
  • Does anyone know where to buy these running strollers (prams/buggies, apologies not sure the appropriate UK term) I live in London. In the US there is a brand called BOB strollers and they have fantastic running strollers, also baby jogger or schwinn (the bike maker). I have searched the internet and not had much luck finding quality lightweight running strollers with a fixed front wheel 16 or 20 inch.

Thanks!

• Tosh Adams 2 wrote (see)

Does anyone know where to buy these running strollers (prams/buggies, apologies not sure the appropriate UK term) I live in London. In the US there is a brand called BOB strollers and they have fantastic running strollers, also baby jogger or schwinn (the bike maker). I have searched the internet and not had much luck finding quality lightweight running strollers with a fixed front wheel 16 or 20 inch.

Thanks!

i did alot of shopping around the best for price and quality was the baby jogger performance series i got it on the  www oliver babycare.com.uk,im just backfrom my run and we had a great run,i run mountain roads and they are steep but i found the baby jogger easy to push up hills on account of the large wheels theres also rear suspension,and this makes a real comfortable ride.i looked at the BoB strollers to and i wasnt as impressed for serious running and they are pricey,anyway have alook at the preformance series also roger armstrong ez rider although again id prefer babyjogger ,hope this helps
  • Hello Sarah.I have never felt difficult while running with a buggy.I have Mickey Sport Buggy which is specially designed for running purpose.I also have a Mickey Bungee Deluxe which I use while I am at home.I suggest you to have a Mickey Sport Buggy .
  • I have a Jane Pro Salom and a 13 week old son.  I have been running with him a couple of times, now back up to 6 miles and we love it.  I try to run when his nap is due during the day and after feeding - believe me full breasts hurt after a while!  I like the buggy as it has a lockabIe front wheel which helps. I have heard about races for women with buggies does anyone know where I can enter one?