An interesting discovery

I've had PF for just under a year now, and I had to stop running for a few months last year, been seen by an NHS podiatrist regularly.  I now wear arch supports all of the time, and seem to spend a fairly high percentage of my free time doing various stretches image.

Up until recently I've run in Mizuno Wave Inspires (3's and 4's) but at Christmas I decided to try some Asics (gel 1140's) and alternate them with my Inspires. And whaddya know? I have been on a couple of longer runs in each, and the PF is worse in the Mizunos! image Maybe they "caused" it in the first place by being just the wrong shape for my foot, or not supportive enough, or something?

I'm not entirely sure what to do now. I do like to have 2 pairs of shoes to alternate (I seem to gravitate towards deep puddles, my shoes need drying time) so I don't know whether to keep the Mizunos for shorter runs, or get rid of them and buy another pair of Asics. Not exactly flush with cah at the moment! I wonder if there's a market for slightly-used Inspires 4's? 

Anyway - what would you do? Buy more Asics? 

Comments