Options

Blisters on tips of toes

Anybody got any suggestions for preventing blisters on the tips of my toes. 

Its been a problem with different shoe/sock combinations.  Any run over about 10 miles gives me blisters right on the tip of several toes, sometimes the blister goes around and under the toenail - which later falls off.  My shoes definitely aren't too small.

I've tried the gel toe protectors you can buy in Boots, which help only a little.

Any helpful thoughts appreciated!

Comments

• Options

image Sounds like you've got your shoes to tight? try and get the shoe laces nice and loose. Sweat and water will always make then tighten even more after 10 miles even if your shoes are the right size. 

Failing that vasaline your feet and toes it works. Bodyglide will work as well but not as easy to do because vasaline is grate!image

• Options
    I'd agree in that I did not suffer from them until I started wearing 2 pairs to prevent blisters on the heals. It made the toes a bit too snug
  • Options
    mmm .. I was wondering if my shoes were too loose!  I guess I need to take a careful look at the lacing and see if I can loosen the front without them getting sloppy.  I'll give the vaseline a try too. 
  • Options

I think the suggestion is the "tightness" is in the length of the show and not how the laces are done, but worth a try.

I swapped to elastic laces a while back as they allowed the foot to move, but kept them "sloppy" free.