Thursday 19th March

TippTopTippTop ✭✭✭

I take your entrance back... can't let you roam inside my head

Not too sure how many will get this. One of my all-time favourite bands who I have just started to listen to again - think seattle and grunge.

MikeS - yes, Edinburgh is definitely still on the cards.

sharkie - congrats on the house offer being accepted. Great news!

Scobos - looking very good for London.

Turns out the fluid around the ankles and the thumping headache were a side effect of the medication I was prescribed, which wasn't doing anything anyway, so I stopped taking it yesterday morning (headache still hasn't fully cleared, nor has the fluid - which makes it a bit painful to run). However, I feel much much better this morning, IBS wise (still a way to go, but I've improved more overnight than in the whole last fortnight), so I think I may be converted to acupuncture image

What: nothing am - ankles still a bit swollen & sore / hopefully double digits pm though
Why: hopefully getting back to it
Last hard: pretty much this whole week.
Last rest: feels like pretty much this whole week.

Have a great day all.

Comments

• Struggling to keep up with things, but good to see an upbeat Gobi running.

Good luck on a smooth purchase, sharkie

Encouraging progress for TT too

What: 15 miles d&d, with a couple a bit harder in the middle
    Why: need to get some training done
    Last hard: today I reckon
    Last rest: all week so far

• Morning All

TT: Good news, my ITB has never come back since having acupuncture (DD starts looking for wood to touch!)

Sharkie: That sounded like a tough session, I'm almost tempted.......... No I'm not I'm a ultra runner!

Gobi: Hope theres no reaction and your back in buisness.

What: Nowt
    Why: Scheduled rest day
    Last Hard: Monday
    Last Rest: Today

Right ankle / achilles seems much better today, will check it out with 26 miles tomorrow! Comrades training don't you love it!

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    What: 11 miles on the turbo trainer d&d
    lunchtime RUN a few miles
    Gym small muscles PM
    Why: looking good but being careful
    Last hard: looking good :¬)
    Last rest: 13th March
    Lyrics: no

No reaction to yesterdays 10 miler beyond DOMS - Stop laughing you lot.

• Morning peeps.

It was a cold and very foggy morning when I was out earlier. I was running on the south banks of the River Clyde near the Bridge and couldn't see the water  which was only 10 yards away !

Lovely spring day outside now though,again .

Gobi: An easy comeback to training for you then eh !!!!

Okay I'll admit that I laughed at  your DOMS.

Have a good one peeps, if you can.

• Morning folks.

TT - sounding pretty encouraging.

Out early doors this morning and was well glad that I never fell into the trap of wearing just shorts and t-shirt like I had on both my runs yesterday...I was glad of the tights, 2 tops and gloves! Lovely, crisp morning though and great to be doing morning runs in the daylight again. Did an easy 5.1miles in just over 37mins.

Probably do an easy 7 or 8 miles at lunchtime (it'll be back to shorts and t-shirt...it's absolutely gorgeous here now, as Birkmyre said).

Don't have a clue about today's lyrics, but on the positive side, yesterday Mrs S got our tickets to see U2 at Hampden Park in August. And we got confirmation of our New York Marathon entries through, so a good day! image)

Have a great one today.

• foggy here early on, given way to another beautiful sunny day

sorry to sharkie and mike for yesterday's 'escape' (the pina colada song), rupert holmes, probably a one hit wonder but i know what you mean about the other dodgy one in the same vein.

yes mike - it was a totally tony session !  this coach is also called tony - it must go with the territory

sharkie - your lot must be quietly pleased with their endurance achievements behind the moaning and badering.  brick feet i find can only be resolved with a hot bath. i won a foot spa last week which i have yet to try out but could be an alternative to complete submersion. great news on the house except the moving bit is a nightmare

NZC - you need a nice marathon in a few months time to focus on image  

TMR - have fun on the algarve - is it an organised training week ?

TT - the vileness which has plagued you must surely have peaked and given way to a quieter period, have a nice one this afternoon away from the tready

what - 8 or 9 hopefully at lunchtime while the sun's out
    why - some nice steady miles
    last hard - 2 days
    last rest - 1 day
    lyrics - not one i know but i'll take a guess on the band

• mavamava ✭✭✭

morning all.

TT - hope things continue to improve

Sharkie - good luck with the house

TmR - have a great time

Gobi - sorry, I tittered gently too image

What: 5.5 miles in glorious sunshine, Av pace 9.52, Av HR 146
    Why:  time to do something a bit faster (by my standards)
    Last hard: the last half mile of that was
    Last rest: 16 Feb

Have a good day.

• Morning again peeps.

Scobos: Well done on getting both the U2 tickets and the New York marathon entries.

Have you seen U2 live before ?

Still a cracking day up here, that's now two in a row !

Long may it continue.

• Gobi - welcome to the world of mere mortal runners - although I don't suppose you'll visit us for long!  Glad to see you able to put the miles in again.

TT - glad you are feeling better - hope you continue to improve.

What: 10M at lunch time
    Why: mid-week mid-length steady run
    Last hard: Tuesday
    Last rest: yesterday

• Birkmyre - yeah, seen them a few times...saw them at the SECC back in about 86/87(?), at Murrayfield in 97, at the SECC on the Elevation tour (01?), then twice on the last tour in 04 or 05 at Hampden Park and at Croke Park in Dublin.

We've also got an outside chance of getting into a corporate box for the Wembley date on the upcoming tour (ooh, hark at me!).

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    I am happy to be bringing amusement and delighted to say that my second run is being delayed due to it. :¬)

I feel like I have run a HARD marathon.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭

Afternoon,
    Scobos, congrats on NY entries, commiserations on tickets for U2 , although I do believe you can get rid of them on ebay...   image
    no laughing at Gobi 
    Only managed half hour yesterday, so today ran to work between stations this morning, will hopefully get another hour done later.

Have a great day

• it's just like summer !
    in fact it's better than last summer, too hot in leggings but no complaints . hope it stays image

did 8 miles progressive P and D style

8.55  134
    8.14  144
    8.13  147
    8.10  154
    8.20  157 (had a 3 dog moment here)
    8.00  162
    8.14  162
    7.43  165

average 82 % max so should count the second half as tempo and class as hard for purposes of what to do tomorrow
    some progress since ankle lay off but still a good way to go yet

• A'noon peeps.

Scobos: The 1987 one at the SECC was the Joshua Tree tour. Great gig !

They played a long encore at the end. ( Mind you encores are usually at the end aren't they !! )

For some reason I remember the tickets for the 1987 concert cost £12.

£12 was a fortune back then.

That makes me sound a right old git eh. I remember during the war...

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

afternoon all

here's me sitting and thinking about my 10 miler later and what a long run that is for me in the week.... go go gobi!!

clink getting there, nice!

what: 10 miles later, which will have to look like, park up on way to club,  2.5 to club,  5 with club and 2.5 back to my parked car!

why: miles miles miles

last hard: tues a.m, and press ups this morning!

last easy: not running yesterday

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Afternoon,

Never seen U2.  Used to be desperate to, but now not so sure.  Can't make my mind up about the new album.  Now it's my turn to sound like an old codger when I say they haven't been the same since Achtung Baby (my  personal favourite).

My 10M at lunch stretched out to 11M in the end.  Once again, thanks go to my boss for being so understanding (and he's not even a runner!).  Average pace was 7.55 which is actually quite a bit quicker than I intended - I'd have been happy at 8.30 pace.  Hope I haven't shot my bolt for the planned 22M on Saturday.

What a gorgeous day it is out there!

• Gobi
    I'm not laughing too much; may get the same experience myself in a few weeks!

clink
    Leggings - why?
    Good session btw.

What:  Gym at lunch time
    Why:  Rest day from running

No effects from yesterday's leap up to 4 miles (not even DOMS!) so another 4 tomorrow.

• Afternoon you lot!

Gobi - good to see you are back running (of a fashion), the facebook updates of 'I'm crocked' were shameful!

What: off to the physio in a bit to see if my aching in my right leg is what I think it is (sciatica) and what I must do to get better. I can run about 6M without too much reaction and it's not like I'm not stretching after each run! Plan to bike there to get some miles in.
    Why: got to get this thing sorted image
    Last hard: the 35M ride on Sunday (still felt the after effects when running on Tuesday).
    Last rest: Monday
    Lyrics: nah!

Bit of a cold day today with occasional breaks in the cloud, unlike the last few days. I only wish this was what it could be like more these next few months.

Hmm, my new pic makes me look really porky!

• PodroPodro ✭✭✭

Now then

Back from a work trip to Prague and the subsequent backlog of cr£p to deal with. Fully back into training though.

TT - didn't manage to get to any of your suggested restaurants because most of the food was laid on at the conference. The one night I did get to eat out I was dragged along to a microbrewery called Pivovasky Dum which servred good food and even better beer.

What: cycle 20, run 8
    Why: because I can

Glad to see some others coming back from the injury bench.

• I just nipped out to the post box, it's only 100 metres away, and came home by a slightly more circuitous route. So that's 21.5 miles done in 2:53:17. Spot on 8m/m. It felt tight and laborious to begin with, easier after an hour, but there was a bit of down grade then. From 19 the next 2 were uphill but I forced 7:30 m/m out of the machine. Just time for a quick shower and a visit to the Queen of Pain.

Chin chin Podro

• Evening....not posted for a while.

Did not laugh at Gobi's DOMS but did laugh at others comments. Also laughed at one of the U2 comments.

Some serious training going on and a few people suffering with injuries just like myself.

What: 12 miles am of 4 x 3 mile laps around local park. 1st lap 23mins then 22, 21 & 20 to finish in about 1-27ish. Average hr 117.

Last hard: Saturdays 21 miler longest run since before last years FLm

Just hope my hamstring keeps improving with the physio and massage I'm having, it seems to be working. Today's run felt alot easier with very little stiffness in leg. Was thinking of trying acupunture if it did not work! Interested on thoughts of those who have tried it.

• Slow DuckSlow Duck ✭✭✭

Good Evening All,

TT - great to hear that things are starting to improve.

Gobi - great to hear you're back on the road - even if you're running like a mortal...

Mava - hope your house thing went ok...

Sharkie - Good luck with the house.

Scobos, Birkmyre - went to the 87 Wembley gig - I seem to recall that the support band included Lou Reed... I think tickets were over £10 too - which as you say was a lot of money then!

Fell Liker - hope things go well with your leg.

What: 6miles lunchtime run up BoxHill and through Denbies Vineyard
    Why: It was sunny
    Last hard: Tuesday
    Last rest: Monday
    Lyrics: Nope

SD

• Scobos - have a brilliant time in NY - have you done it before?

Gobi - sorry about the legs!

Clink - your running is getting better every day - maybe it is you who should target a marathon in 2 months timeimage

birkmyre - my husband is going to see The Who on Saturday night, we we them when they last came to NZ - 1968 - it was a nightmare the first time, guess they may have got their act together by now, and hopefully our gear is up to their standard now http://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainment/news/article.cfm?c_id=1501119&objectid=10540378&pnum=2

SGQ - nice run.

Blisters - that's a long way to post a letter! Good stuff.

tigerrunners - sounds like you are keeping on top of it, hopefully with the taper you will get away with it.

What: Went orienteering and got wasted by my husband. Took long route on one control as my eyes not good enough to spot a track I should have taken, and also took a very yuckky route through a horrible stream to find myself with nowhere to go once I battled through gorse! Good run though.

Good running everyone

• evening

short of time again

nice day here (or it was at work, at lunchtime when I got out), nearly teens degC methinks

5.5 miles in 37:10, lap splits 7:57, 7:27, 7:22, 7:19, 7:05

Legs felt q good after yesterday's masseur-inflicted pain