Options

Royal Parks Half Marathon

Comments

• Options
    Had a terrible run on Saturday, ended up having to take walking breaks. However I have two excuses: 1) Gave blood on Thursday so my iron levels were probably low, 2) stayed out drinking til very late on Friday night. Never again image
  • Options

Madaussie, enjoy Rome.. image

VS def a problem if giving blood, your energy will be low. As for no. 2) I can't even comment image. Couldn't you have done your long run Sunday? You'll be fine for Royal Parks.. you have time to recover from your hangover.

Part of RW half mara training schedule - 10k race pace Battersea 10k, although meant to do it in 1.05 (or something) got my first sub60 at 59:36 - Garmin time, not official time as not chipped and missed the start by 9 mins!

RTTB Sunday image

• Options

Ha ha, yes should be recovered by then. I'm actually quite confident now that if I could run/walk/stagger nearly 13 miles in the state I was in on Saturday I should be fine on race day image 

Well done on your 10k pb and GOOD LUCK for Sunday!!!

• Options

back from Rome had lovely time, planning a run with hubby after work. Although every time we plan an evening run it Rains...and rains and rains....

Not sure what distance to run this weekend. We've only run 10 M in training so far, so I'm thinking 12 maybe. Don't want to make it too short as hubby has never done a HM before.

• Options

Hi

I have decided to withdraw from this due to continuous hamstring problems following the london marathon, so am taking two months off running.  I could probably jog/hobble round but don't really want to.

If anyone wants a place let me know.

• Options

Hey guys

Good running guys

Sorry for late reply been poorly with lurgy!!!  I did manage the 13 miles in the rain- and a lovely bus soaked me speeding through a puddle image not sure whether its that that's made me poorly or just the fact that life's been a bit up and down recently!!!

I have 10k race this sunday with running buddy then a final LSR of 10miles then the taper- starting to flag a bit now to be honest as this will be my first ever HM and I can't wait to taper!  ALthough watched the GNR that I skyplussed and that inspired me so hopefully this is just a wobble!!!!

• Options

Hi VikW,

Started to taper this week as half mara schedule is for RTTB this weekend, so 10k race was last week. Tapering is way boring... but fits in with a lunchtime.. although not so good around St James Park.. too many tourists.. think I got in most of their photos, specially outside B.Palace and Parliament  image

I think you can report the bus!

Rapid Snail, shame you can't do it. Is a real worry of injuries during training, before the actual event. Wishing you speedy recovery.

Thanks VS. Will let you know... glad you've recovered image first rule.. hydration, hydration, hydration...

Madassuie, my schedule took me (each weekend)  to 12m steady, then 13m steady, 10k race, taper, Half mara.. if that helps....

• Options

thanks Tracy.

I could probably run it but there is still training to do and I don't want to run...I have not enjoyed running for the last couple of months.  I ran 12 miles very slow this morning and was constantly having to stop and stretch and it was not a lot of fun.  The speedy recovery is 8 weeks and involves no running but plenty of core/stability exercises and glute strengthening...which sounds great fun.

• Options

hello rapid snail

are you still looking to withdraw from the Royal Parks HM as I'd be interested in taking your place.

• Options

Sean

If no one wants it I will probably run/walk it just for the experience, but I would prefer someone to get more enjoyment out it.   The entry is £39 but I will accept a reasonable offer and you will get the race shirt that I have been sent.

email me at lawsman@hotmail.co.uk if you would like the spot.

Andy

• Options

Good luck TracyB for RTTB my sister-in law is doing it so will be thinking of you all when I'm doing my 10k!

My race pack arrived today for 4parks image no going back now!!!  ALthough it has inspired me to  head out the door for  a tun now!!!

ENjoy the sunshine all

• Options

oooohhh just back from 3m tapering run.. slight backache image taking it easy now I think, perhaps just a swim tomorrow. Such a worry to get through the training, in case of injury at last minute.

Race pack already! I only got RTTB this week.

Which 10 you doing VikW?

• Options

I didn't expect to see it at all what with the postal strike and our special postman image but there it was this morning!!!  But LOVING the t-shirt!

I'm doing hampton court cancer research 10k- only down the road from me and running buddy hasn't done anything over 5k before so thought it would be a nice little run but now read all last years reviews about rough and uneven course now paranoid i will injury myself but postive mental attitude and all that!!

Just done 4miles feeling a bit better so hopefully the lurgy has gone!!!

• Options

Evening all,

I got my number and t shirt the other day as well, looks smart !

I did not get the Great North Run this year so decided to give this one a go. I will will be travelling down from Newcastle for this one

Anyone have an idea of the elevation of the course, it would be nice if it was not so undulating as the GNR

• Options
    anyone else not received their shirt?
  • Options

2 weeks to go!

Not sure about the T-shirt!

• Options

Not got my pack yet - think I saw an email saying by 2nd October or contact them.

VikW, how was the 10k?

Disastrous ending to RTTB with complete pain in right knee  from mile 10.. limping-running to the point I couldn't take the pain any more, followed by limping-walking, followed by limping-running.. you get the picter... - elevated just now in the office image Hoping Royal Parks will be a better and I would have recovered image

Ok, what's wrong with the shirt? Am wondered whether to wear RTTB shirt as am doing this one for Leukeamia too (two halves in two weeks).

Now, does anyone know where Miss Knees is seeing as she started the thread?

• Options

Dear all,

I am still interested in taking your place in this race if you can't make it  - please let me know! Thanks!

deski

• Options

Magpie,

The course is flat as a pancake - couple of minor inclines in the park, but only noticebale in contrast to the surrounding flatness.

I have my teeshirt.  Must say it contrasts with my manly, rugby player self image!  (Or am I in denial?)

• Options

Sorry to hear about your sore end tp Run to The beat TracyB- fingers crossed for a speedy recovery for 4parks!!

10k was fun and very very hot-no shade anywhere and we started late due to traffic problems so was starting nearer 12pm and the sun was hot hot hot!!!!  MAinly off road so calves have had a good work out (or feel l ike it anyway!)

One more 10miler today or tomorrow then tapering image

• Options

Came back from my hols yesterday and was excited to see the race pack had arrived image I'm looking forward to the race now and feeling quite confident because I know I've done some proper training this time around.

• Options
    Im starting to get excited to but sure i'll have a wobble before the big day as its my fist half- eeek!!!!!
  • Options

still no packs yet, so probly won't wear the shirt on the day as I've had my last long run of 12Miles on sunday.

Pity, last years shirt was very nice.

Tracy, hope your knees recover quickly.

• Options

no pack for me either yet.. hope it turns up soon - our post isn't great.. image

tracyB - sorry about RTTB, hope you recover soon.

mrs w

• Options

Got my race pack through today, so hopefully those that haven't got theirs yet will get them in the next couple of days.

I'll second the sentiments expressed above about the t-shirt - I don't think I'll be wearing it much!

• Options

packs not arrived yet.

so the shirts not as nice as last years?

• Options

don't generally wear the t-shirts anyway - but whats wrong with it out of interest image

managed a short 4 miles last night.. think one more long run for me on Sunday then thats it apart from a quick 2 miler next week before race day eeek!!!!! image

• Options
    I hope there's more loos than last year - hundreds of people nipping off behind the trees made for an undignified start.

starting to get excited.

the T shirt is just super girly, that's all. quality is top notch but I doubt we'll be seeing many fellas in it. shame cos i saw people in last years T-shirt all year round.

• Options
    Still have yet to receive my race pack,anyone else still waiting?

trying not to panic!!