Bupa 10K Great Manchester Run

Comments

• Also...does anyone know what time Ussain Bolt is running>?  There seems to be a difference of opinion in the office!  I fancy watching him, but not hanging round all day, especially if its wet.
  • I think its late 4ish I had heard
  • That's what I heard too...someone just told me at was 12 noon, he is probably wrong.  (normally is LOL)!

Are you doing it this year Farnie??

• hiya deputy dawg

Im in the white wave , I  put down 50mins for my time . to be on the safe side. Really looking forward to this one as I have trained  quite hard., hope to get a bit better time ,but am not holding my breath as there is that many people in this one .  I think its going to be enjoy the run and all thats going on after really , dont you?

Are you stopping to see the races after? 

Redpanda , Ive read that  the race heats start at four o clock with the final at six , but dont know exactly when Ussain Bolt is running. So if you are not in Manchester for Sunday night its quite a long wait isnt it? Especially if its rainingimage

Hope everybody has a good day on Sunday

• Hi Helly...yes, that's what I mean.  We had suggested going home for a bit and coming back (about half hour drive)...but we will see.  Good luck to you!
  • I am doing it

I am in the blue wave, 

and I'm not going to watch the race in the afternoon, because I think it will be such a mad scrum, you'll have to watch it on one of the big screens anyway (esp as I am so short)

• Sprint AkieSprint Akie ✭✭✭
     Usain is going at 4. I just wasnt sent my pack due to admin error so just said to pick it up on the day as it was too late to send it incase it didnt arrive in time but I didnt know which wave I was in.
  • Good point Farnie!  I think I will watch it from the comfort of my TV now you say that.  I suspect the weather will be foul as well, so not great weather for hanging around.  Best of luck to you, by the way. xx
  • and you,

I will probably be headining into spinning fields for a pint or two after tho

• Oh, is that the new development?  Not been there yet, I bet it's nice.  Manchester is ace these days, so much better than when I first came....I love it!
  • Good luck to you too Redpanda , hope you get the time you want!!!!

Looking like its going to be a regular fashion parade of bin bags and throwaway kagools at the start, just seen the weather on Channel M  and it looks like the only bright spot is briefly on Sunday

Lets just keep our fingers crossed image and pray to the weather gods!!!

• Yeah, lets hope there is a "brief" nice spell on Sunday, long enough for us to get round at least!  Best of luck to all.
  • I hope it warms up, my fav bit of the race is going through the showers image
  • We will have all the showers we need at this rate!!!!
  • If it keeps like this and doesn't tip down again it will be ideal
  • Gold PigGold Pig ✭✭✭

Blimey...its been a mad rush on here since lunch time, have you all skived off work early.

Farnie..very interesting about bradford, i had no idea....tip of the cap to you.

Helly...You are in the same wave as me, i put down 50mins but wont get anywhere near that

Nutty...lets keep everything crossed, suppose to be around 15degrees.

RP...I wont be staying for the race. Waiting all day for a 15sec race. Like farnie said, you wont see much anyway.
    If you want to see talent....run with me. image

• no need to doft your cap, I used to work there (in a place opp where ASDA is now) and watched the Velodrome being built.

That and being a lifelong Manchester resident.

• Get to skive off at 3 on Friday anyway image

• Good luck to everyone running on the day . I need to run sub 38 so i can get back to Coventry to watch the hi-lights on the box  i hope you all hit your personal goals on the day . Bring on the image
  • Let the Sun beam on the day ?
  • Look at it this morning , its lovely running weather !!

Just what we need in the morning !!

Now I really want to get going , I hate this resting few days before a race .

Anybody else feeling jittery now , or is it just me? 

• Hi Folks, County Durham here. Driving down today, didn't fancy a 3 hour drive tomorrow morning! Staying at a Travel Lodge. This will be my second 10k, ran the North Tyneside 10K in April, 45:48, so I'm hoping for under 45. I'm in the Pink wave so hopefully if I can get to the front I might have a clear run!!!. Been running seriously for about 3 months now; found it difficult this week not to run as much with the race coming up. Weather wise don't mind the rain so much, its the bloody wind I hate.

Getting excited now. Good luck to everyone, have a great race and a great day.  My race number is 33723, will have a Blackhill Bounders vest on - black with green stripe. See you all there

• Anyone know which is the nearest car park to the Start , as i am travelling up in the morning so will need to leave my running clobber in my car . I am an orange starter
  • Would imagine the car parks will be busy...... NPC one at Chorlton Street £2.50 for the day, about 5 mins from the start
  • That will do for me  thanks Michael , and have a great run
  • Morning All!

I'm sure I saw in an e-mail or in the magazine that there is a pre-race goody bag give away today- possibly at He Runs She Runs, anyone know if this is the case or is my memory playing tricks on me again? image

Hope every enjoys the race tomorrow.

• Gold PigGold Pig ✭✭✭

weather glorious at the moment in sunny wigan......lets have more of it tomorrow.

Michael...dont blame you coming down today...3 hour drive is no good for anybody. Are you staying close to the city centre.

Helly...know what you mean..should i run....should i rest. I havnt ran since wed but may do a 3m slow run today, just to keep the old cogs turning.

• I've posted this in Injury too.  Hope no one minds me posting this here too.

I'm in a big dilemma and being the world's worst decision maker, not sure what to do.

Am due to be running tomorrow but  I've had issues with sciatica for some time now though and currently have the usual symptoms..  It's caused the training to be pretty much non existent for the last month to 6 weeks and haven't done 10k as a distance for a while.  Have done quite a few 10ks before though.

I've continued running two or three times a week and generally been fine at shorter distances, though I've had to stop occasionally due to the discomfort.  I've been swimming a bit as well just to try and get some extra exercise.

So., should I attempt it tomorrow? 10k not being the longest distance I'm thinking perhaps I could try it and i know i'd be gutted if I don't do it.  Then again I'll be so frustrated if I have to give up half way through or end up having to walk a lot of the way or basically stop/start the whole way through. 

At the same time, don't want to give myself more problems just cause I didn't have the sense to give tomorrow a miss. There'll be plenty more races after all.

Aaarghhh, any thoughts appreciated,

• Staying just outside Ashton Under Lyme, about 6 mile from city centre. Not sure whether to drive into city on Sunday or try to get a local bus? Had my last run Thursday evening 7 mile. Rareing to go lol I hope!!!!
  • Hi Michael White were stopping at Travelodge too , but theManchester central one ,so hello !!!!

Deputy Dawg thats exactly what I mean , to run or not to run , its just quite frustrating not running though isnt it ?

Notquiteborntorun  , what happens if you run and make things worse ? then youll be off for longer . But  I know what you mean about trying to decide , its a tricky one