a public thank you...

2»

Comments

• candy ollier wrote (see)
    If somebody in a mini let their kids shout abuse at you, would that be better?!

Depends if she had nice legs or not.

Don't think I've ever had abuse shouted at me, but then again, I doubt I'd be able to hear any because I wear quite isolating earphones (Etymotic ER-6i). Double as earplugs when I go camping.

• Bimbo78Bimbo78 ✭✭✭

Arr now yes the idiots definitely get more articulate now its a bit lighter in the evenings. I don't respond at all, I have practised the look of complete indifference to any comment that is thrown my way.

What I really hate is the honking of cars. They always seem to wait until they are right next to you before honking and shouting abuse or inappropriate comments. It always makes me jump out of skin.

• I often wonder how come when I'm dolled up for a night out I never get any wolf whistles/horn toots and yet when I'm clad in clashing lycra, sweating like mad, bright red in the face and have what can only be described as dragged through hedge backwards hair the toots/whistles are quite common place.

Aaaaah the joy of the iPod (waits for backlash), you can remain totally oblivious to the numpties.

• WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭

Kids like to run along with me sometimes, but I don't mind.  They can't keep up for long!

One lad last week assured me he had run six miles in five minutes image

I get a LOT of tooting - but then I live in white van land.

• Bimbo 78,
    I hate the honking horns too. Just get into a decent rhythm and some eejit decides to make you jump out of your skin!
    The only thing that kept me going on my LSR the other day was that I would catch up with the said driver in his Audi TT and then do a really big snot rocket on his windscreen. Sadly, I never caught up with him - not enough traffic lights to stop him.
    Probably a good thing really.
  • Bimbo78Bimbo78 ✭✭✭

J.T. image I'll consider that next time.

CazSoul, I've also wonder why I seem to get more attention with my hair stuck to my sweaty face and my lycra clad ample thighs wobbling around for all to see. I can't do the Ipod thing though, coming from the sticks originally I'm rubbish enough at running in the city without blocking one of my senses. I think I would get run over very quickly.

• I had a group of kids running along with me yesterday evening, never happened before but it was great, made me feel like Rocky!

All together now... de de derrrrrrrrrrr, de de derrrrrrrrr!

• I always get little kids joining in when I go through the park, I think it's brilliant!

Especially when the pot-bellied fathers try to follow us to retrieve their children as I lead them off in to the sunset like peid piper! (sp?)

• CarlyWoo....your CRB check has just come through. Keep away from the kids!

• ...or the fat bastards who ask what time you ran a marathon in, who say 'That's a bit slow. I though you would do it a lot faster than that!' when you tell them you did it in 4:56:51.

Like to see them run 400 yards at the same pace!

People like that are such a bunch of masturbation technicians (politically correct term for wankers.)

• 210bpm...don't scare me like that! I've just actualy had my CRB check done for my teacher training...don't tell the uni!