Support Group 6

Comments

• HappychapHappychap ✭✭✭

Appletise, Dandelion and Burdock yum, yum, yum.

It's a bit too early for tapir madness to start.  (Adds cellotape to list for lincssafc)

Won't post now until Monday I have *ahem* a small stroll in Paris park to do Sunday image

Good luck for your LSR's this weekend and stay safe. 

• a hug will go along way.

ood luck happy, group 6 have you covered

• limperlimper ✭✭✭
    Run well Happy.
  • SezzSezz ✭✭✭

Good luck with all your long runs this weekend.

Fat Face has just left for his 22 miler!  Urghh - rather him than me.

• Never thought I'd be jealous of someone going out to run 22 miles.

My last LSR was last Sunday. If I get through the gentle bike ride tomorrow OK I'll start calling it a long taper rather than a late deferral image

• GladragsGladrags ✭✭✭

morning - sorry to have missed all the banter til now - have been sunning self (ahem, training really hard) in lanzarote!

will get my number etc to you later on, but expect to be at 17 miles in about 3 hours -3 hours 10, so about 1o'clock?

running kingston tomorrow - any other takers?

• limperlimper ✭✭✭

Fingers crossed for Happychap today.

Beautiful day down here in the south, but quite breezy.
    Limpette and I should be tackling a long run - we're aiming for time on our feet rather than mileage - but she's a student and that means that she's not actually out of bed yet!!

How's everyone else getting on?
    Preparing to enter 'taper-madness' time?!  Me - don't bother tapering!
    Travel arrangements made?  Me - arrangements??? That'd be too close to actually being organised about something!!

Have a good day Group 6

• limper just finished my last long one.

have one 10 mile race on Easter Friday the Taper Madness.

• limperlimper ✭✭✭

Well done Tiptoes.

My long plod has been postponed until tomorrow so I will just have a little ploddle later this evening.
    The tough thing for me tomorrow will be the terrain. As I said above, Limpette needs to practise time on her feet mostly but I need to practise roads / tarmac. I'm an off-roader / tracks n trails type and I know from past experience that going straight from that to 26m on a road can play havoc with me. Mostly mental havoc that is!! Not so bad when I've got company though.

• Planned to do 20 this morning but cut it short to 16, ankle started to niggle so thought better of it, half marathon next sunday to be done as a steady training run then 3 weeks today!!!!!
  • Limper, agree that time on legs is important over time. I have been coaching a LFM first timer and we have concentrated on time on legs.

Llncssafc wise choice, to play safe. the Sunday run in 3 weeks is more important.

• agree 100% Tiptoes....a year ago I would have soldiered on to do the full 20 like an idiot!
  • Morning All.....First day of taperimage
  • Morning group 6'rs.Happychap hope all went well in Paris. So Taper madness has begun. imageimageimageimage
  • imageimage Hello Group 6

My name; Karen (name on vest)

Forum Name ;Kazzy96

Running number; 24827

What im wearing ;Green Eden Runners Vest Black pants

Estimated time at mile 17; 12.40ish

Special Needs ; Sis gel some chocolate and painkillers will leave at expo. Lots of cheers and hugs.

Thanks guys image

• HappychapHappychap ✭✭✭

Whoohoo taper madness- I LOVE this phase image

Thanks for the well wishes.  Goodness Paris was a mixed bag!  Very hot (burnt shoulders to prove it).  I went with my running club (who all did fabulous, PB's and goodfor ages galore) and hubby (we managed is sub 3.30 image) and I had a shocker.  Nothing in my legs after about 6 miles and had to work so hard to just keep going.  Avoided a personal worst by about 2 minute by sprinting for the line and then burst into tears cos I was in so much pain.

Still, number 7 in the bag and I can walk today so I obviously didn't try hard enough LOL.

Anyway, sounds like there was some good stuff going on over the weekend.  Well done lincssafc for being brave enough to make that decision.

• Well done Happy ( and the rest of the club)Make sure you look after those leggies (sorry papa hen moment)imageTaper Madnessimage
  • OK support group 6

Get the support group spirit going by entering a 5-person relay team (or multiple teams if you like)  in the forum guernsey marathon challenge and booze up (30 Aug weekend).  The other 8 support groups have been saying that support group 6 is rubbish, so i for one think you should rise to the challenge and teach them a lesson!

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/forum/forummessages.asp?dt=4&UTN=139390&last=1&V=6&SP=

• Candy no tattle tails,  image imageGroup 6 rocks image
  • Well done Happy !!! Didnt envy you running in that sun-shine and now 7 marathons, thats impressive im stopping at number 4 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Well done Happy!  I was thinking of you all in Paris yesterday while I was slogging around at Paddock Wood catching the sun on my shoulders and that was only a half!  Just twice that distance to do in less than three weeks oo er!  image

• HappychapHappychap ✭✭✭

The wine at mile 23 helped to take the pain away image

I can't believe the FLM madness will be over in 3 weeks. 

Nice try Candy image

• info update

Forum Name: Tiptoes

Name: Lee Hinton

Number: 52227

Wearing: green /blue with Tiptoes on back.

Time at 17 mile: approx 2 hours after start

• limperlimper ✭✭✭

I'll do it Candy.
    You are paying all the travel and accomm costs though aren't you?
    Well done Happy image

Tiptoes [et al] - I'm good at being on my feet all day long [NHS slave], but Limpette is a student and doesn't enjoy shopping - ergo very little practise at 'trudging' endlessly!!

Today's long slow plod was cut short though when a niggling shin pain [Limpette] turned into a really debilitating sharp pain. It's the only pain I don't ignore, in myself or others, so we headed home and tomorrow her new shoes will come out of their box! Shin pain is usually the first sign of shoes wearing out I reckon.
    At this rate we may have to re-estimate our sub 4:30 to a 'get round' time image

• HappychapHappychap ✭✭✭

Morning six-ers image

How's limpette this morning limps?

• Morning 6'rsLimper: good call. Tried and tested ice packs came out as well i hope.All of group 6 is with you in hoping Limpette is ok.
  • if it helps Limper have chocolate image
  • limperlimper ✭✭✭

Silly Happy - didn't I say Limpette is a student? In which case what is the point of asking how she is 'this morning'? Morning does not exist during uni holidays!!
    Seriously though, Thanks for asking  image
    As at midnight it still hurt her to walk down the garden, so no long plod this morning and maybe a gentle treadmill for her later in the new shoes. That way the tready offers some shock absorbtion as well. She won't go without a jog of some sort as she's been on a 'streak' since Jan 1st.

She WILL be fine Tiptoes and she WILL complete her first marathon in 19 days time. Eeeek image
    Chocolate obviously helps, but so did the tub of Ben n Jerry's phish food we scoffed last night! Wow, that's gooooood stuff!!

Have a happy day sixers.

<< ponders a way to have a supply of B&J ice cream at Mudchute >>

• HappychapHappychap ✭✭✭

Phish food is king image

• GladragsGladrags ✭✭✭

morning all! am clearly not on the group 6 diet as have never even tried phish food.... am a real cookies and cream girl myself....

19 days to go - another physio session and NO shin pain at all - nada, zilch - not even after kingston.... (trying to stay calm but this is a big break thourgh for me....)