Support Group 6

Comments

• positive thinking Gladrags.
  • Morning sixersimage

Tiptoes you were too early for donuts image

Brought you one anyway.Nice friendly neighbour that I am image Enjoyimage

• Thanks relaxed, better put the one i (borrowed) back.
  • Happy and fellow support group, have favour to ask..................Been training a Marathon virgin for the past 24weeks and would if poss (and if sited) like a big cheer for him.He will be wearing Club colours, Green and Blue (not sure of his number, will try and get it)
  • HappychapHappychap ✭✭✭

No worries Tiptoes, we'll accommodate no problem.  Number and brief desciption will help.  Which club is it?

Gladrags, fabulous news.  Keeping fingers and toes crossed for you.  How was Kingston?

• Happy like me he is a Reading Roadrunner.So Emerald Green Top with Blue Diagonal Stripe. with DEREK on top.As for discription,  black hair, glassess ( have you seen this person ???  image)Will see if i can find a pic from reading.I will get number from him tonight .
  • derek                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Happy this may help.

thanks

• GladragsGladrags ✭✭✭
    kingston was... BRILLIANT! i had a vague aim of 11 min miles for 10 miles and then 10 min miles from there but in the end it was more like 10.5 min miles for 8 miles and 9.5 min miles from there! small fish for some but a major achievement for me - as i said, trying not to get over excited before the big day nowimage
  • limperlimper ✭✭✭

This is a tricky one sixers, but it may be possible....
    Last time I did FLM back in '05 I had lurked a fair bit on the RW forum and knew a few names. As I tootled along in a mass of millions [that's what it felt like] I was amazed to actually spot several of them, courtesy of their forum names on their shirts.
    Now I know we're all going to be hitting different targets and coming from different starts, but it would be great to actually encounter one or two of you along the way.
    So if you spot me, grab me [oo missus!!].
    I'll figure out what I'm wearing soon - my first name, JO, will be on my front and I may put 'Limper' on my back plus my avatar if possible. I'll be leaving from Blue and hopefully approx 10 min miling, crowds and shin splints permitting!! The Limpette is a longer haired clone of me in build, looks and invariably kit [as I buy it for her!]. More details when decided.

Well run Gladrags image

• Limper/Limpetteif any of our learned 6rs have pics (that they are willing to share may also be helpful to see what we look like as well.)tiptoes  (reading half)If i see you at the merge point of blue / red then will say hi.
  • limperlimper ✭✭✭

Tiptoes - I've just spent the last however long trying to figure out how to link a piccie!! Hopefully this is it...

Limper & Limpette

• Hello Limper & Limpette.So we just need the rest of the crew now.
  • My name: Martin Formstone

Forum Name: Scarf

Run number: 5467

Wearing: Cleethorpes Vest, blue with one gold diagonal stripe on it. Has Martin in white letters on front and back

Estimated time at mile 17: 1hr 35m (fingers crossed for sub 2hr 30 finish)

Special Needs: Big cheer will be fine

Anybody who wants my pic type Martin Formstone into google pics 2nd picture in #83 is me (blonde highlights), many articles but not all photos are of me. Hope Limpette will be fit in time. Last long run (15mile this weekend) Last race tonight, this will be my 3rd this week, so much for tapering.

• limperlimper ✭✭✭

Well hello Martin!!
    Don't think I'll be spotting you at FLM though - you'll be hitting the finish line around the time I clear Cutty Sark!!

Tiptoes - I don't get a piccie with your link image

• limper will redo for you.Martin: welcome to group 6.
  • limperlimper ✭✭✭
    Good lord. You're a fella!!!
  • Limper, not sure how to take that but yes a fella
  • limperlimper ✭✭✭

I think the purple hue to your avatar had led me to assume you was a girlie Tiptoes!!
    Sadly I don't think I'll meet you en route after noting your Reading half time.
    At this rate it's jsut as well I have my Limpette for company!!

• limperlimper ✭✭✭
    BTW - I've just entered another three marathons and included Limpette for one of them as well. She's a bit stunned, not yet having done her first to have now been booked for her second!!
  • Limper, you would not be the first or last to make the assumption.  image                                                                 I was given the Name by my fellow club mates due to my somewhat unusual running style.                                               We will all have to meet up after or before allowing for our starting areas. I am RedI hope you had smelling salts at the ready,  why not an ultra they are fun.                                                       (thinks back to Compton 40 & 24hr runs image)
  • d'oh what happened to that last post of mine???????  Limper, you would not be the first or last to make the assumption.  I was given the Name by my fellow club mates due to my somewhat unusual running styleWe will all have to meet up after or before allowing for our starting areas. I am RedI hope you had smelling salts at the ready,  why not an ultra they arefun.     (thinks back to Compton 40 & 24hr runsimage )
  • limperlimper ✭✭✭

Nice vest Gladrags!

Tiptoes - I did Draycote Ultra a few years ago and loved it. If you don't know it [excuse me being patronising if you do], it's 7 laps around a reservoir with a marathon being held at the same time. The great thing about the laps was the opportunity to run with people of different abilities, ie: my 3rd lap = a brill runner's 5th etc.
    Is Compton the one down here in the south that follows a disused railway?

I'm Blue start and aiming to get down the Mall at around 4:30 -hours not PM!!  [but maybe more now due to shin splints and disrupted training].

• Limper Compton is mostly over the South Downs, and follows some of the Ridgeway.You run with the fun runners (20 milers) until the 19 mile mark (just happens to be a pub)
  • limperlimper ✭✭✭
    I live south of the south downs! I'll put it on next years list [have I missed it this year?].
  • http://www.taimages.com/html/cleethorpes09-_8.htm

7th row from the bottom, no174, minus the tshirt and thats the vest I'll be wearing on the day!!

steady 7 miles for me today, leading up to the Friskney Half Marathon on Sunday which I'm doing as a training run but should still get a new pb out of it!

Hope all are fit and well

• good evening limper, back in a bit, just off to see my friend Mr William Hill esq.....lol
  • HappychapHappychap ✭✭✭

Did you win lincssafc?

Was it a national bet?