Options

Support Group 2

Comments

• Options

Hey...I've just read back over all the posts and found that I'm with you guys!!!  Can't wait to put faces to forum names on the 26th.

This my first marathon, so excuse the look of terror on my face when I eventually make to you! 

See you on Sunday.....

• Options

Speedy Fen if you want any more than cheers leave it at the expo and it will be collected.   Put it in a bag with your name and number on it and we will have it ready for you.

We have jelly babies and jaffa cakes and a few wine gums.  But if you want anything like gels you provide them and we will turn up with them on the day.

• Options
    Rio! wrote (see)
    Its ok JWrun - they can look away for half an hour.  And as you say we have probably all been there!
    Could be worse my lot are discussing the squits... image
  • Options
    It is a common theme and quite ok now lunch is over! image
  • Options

image good old JW........nothing like toilet humour through lunchtime........

i shall have my own toilet all the way round of course......

• Options
    That reminds me!  When I was training last year I was with my running group all dressed up in the costume.   I thought I could be able to do "pit stops" easily as there was a ready made hole in the bottom to just squat into.   As I did this in demonstration the feet of the costume hit the floor and I was tipped backwards, ending up like a stranded beetle!!!
    Needless to say I was glad I had practiced this in training as it could have led to great embarrasment if my knickers had been round my ankles and not able to get up! image
  • Options

LOL....now people would pay money for that........LOL, yes i have a gatorade bottle that i am rigging up so just in case....there's no way i can take the costume off...so.......no one can see what's going on inside the costume anyway........i think it;s ok........isn't it?

• Options
    Rio! wrote (see)
    That reminds me!  When I was training last year I was with my running group all dressed up in the costume.   I thought I could be able to do "pit stops" easily as there was a ready made hole in the bottom to just squat into.   As I did this in demonstration the feet of the costume hit the floor and I was tipped backwards, ending up like a stranded beetle!!!
    Needless to say I was glad I had practiced this in training as it could have led to great embarrasment if my knickers had been round my ankles and not able to get up! image
    I will never forget that! image
  • Options

I don't blame you at all Rob.

It was my worst nightmare needing to stop.  Thank goodness I didn't have to

• Options
    JWrunJWrun ✭✭✭

I'm going to try and forget that post Rob ! LOL!!

• Options
    JWrunJWrun ✭✭✭

And I mean the one about the gatorade bottle!

• Options
    As long as he doesn't expect it to be emptied at mile 17 image
  • Options
    Above and beyond the call of duty I think!!!!
  • Options

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3112/2413517484_d7707e1ab6.jpg

Just posting this to facilitate people's ability to imagine Rio on her back in this, little arms and legs flailing helplessly, unable to get back up...

>chuckles to self<

• Options
    Poor Rio! That's hilarious though... think you could do a demonstration at mile 17? Sure it would lift our spirits a bit image
  • Options

Ah the worst day of my life so far.  I have no idea how I carried on. I wanted to cry

Thankfully I no longer have that costume  image

• Options

Hi Everyone - it's so nearly there now - I'm getting very nervous!!!  Being a typical girl I have decided to have a last minute outfit change for the day!!  Instead of a red top I will now be in a bright pink top - might get my name on it at the expo.

I think I will leave some Jelly Babies at the expo if that is okay and pick them up at mile 17.  Looking forward to meeting you all! 

• Options

heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

the other half is running on sunday..... and obviously perfect timing (so nervous) its the first time i am meeting the parents... but they have grandstand seats so i wont have to be the smily new girlfriend in a flowery "sunday lunch" dress all day image

i am meeting up with one of my west london mates at some point too...

BUT once i have done all that and the boy is still running ... can i come and say hello to you guys? who do i talk to... what do i do?

• Options

Rio......so i've only worse day of my life to look forward too then.....excellent.......image

JW i'll leave the bottle for you at mile 18 just in case they run out of water again......image

• Options

Lou you wont need to leave jelly babies they are provided along with jaffa cakes in abundance.

Kelly come along to Mudchute where us supporters will be.  There will be lots of whistle blowing and balloons so you shouldn't be able to miss us.  And you will be more than welcome.  I will be in pirate kit as per avatar at Group 2 so come and say hello.

Rob it may be the best day of your life.  I think what made it so awful was because the weather was bad and I was so far at the back all the spectators had gone and even the music was non existent.  It was a long hard road.  I will have a bottle of electrolyte for you at 17.  Do you want Lucozade hydrate or Nuun in a bottle of ordinary water?

• Options

Nuun in water please...........i don't know what it is about Nuun it makes you want to Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.........LOLimage

• Options
    Well if you drink it all at least you will have an empty bottle image.  Just might not be a good idea to mix image
  • Options
    True, i'm leaving the gatorade bottle for JW so will need a bottle......image
  • Options
    listen at least im using a bottleimage......i heard the gut a couple of years back that run in the nurse just pee'd.....that poor nurse, you must have been a real mess.....
  • Options
    Oh lovely!   Wouldn't fancy whoever has to clean it up ready for the next person.  Do you suppose they jet wash it or dry clean?   I did wonder when Little Miss Naughty arrived smelling lovely and fresh how they clean them.
  • Options
    i know wellchild get it professionally cleaned...thank heaven.........i'll hand you the empties at mudchute.......lol.....
  • Options
    Hmmmmm.  Having been a nurse (for a very short while) the thought doesn't worry me so much as mistakenly giving the bottles back out to someone else in error! lol
  • Options
    if it ends up cold at least it gives the supporters something to warm their hands on.......image