• Options
    Yes Princess we have that already.  Will be looking for you on Sunday image
  • Options
    Right I am signing off now.  See you all on Sunday image
  • Options
    Good luck everyone, see you on Sunday.
  • Options

heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!

so great to meet you guys today! you did a great job!

x x x x x 

• Options

Well done guys,  you done great out there today.  It was hot!!  Can't wait to hear all the storys.

• Options

got to second Kelly's thoughts,  you guys did a fantastic job today,  thanks loads,  sorry I didn't hang around to chat but the knees were seizing up already by then,  the nurofen in my special needs bag were certainly put to good use!!!

I will definitely repay the favour in the future

• Options

Guys, thanks a million for your support at mile 17 today - you were fantastic!

Sorry, I changed my top last minute and couldn't get on the website yesterday to let you know so sorry for any confusion - the jelly babies were ace!  It really kept me going knowing you would be there at mile 17 and I also had some support at 23 and 25 which I found much better this year than early on when you are feeling good.

I think you guys are amazing - I will return the favour any year I don't get in through the ballot.   THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options

Just wanted to say thank you for the support. Dont know who gave me the jelly babies - whoever it was you were standing to the left of Rio. Thank you.

My race didnt go to plan and I was really struggling, but it was good to know you were there at 17. Helped get me round there.

Thank you again

• Options

I will say actually, if you need a lie down and a massage when you've finished, make sure you collapse and faint. When you come round they take you to the medic tent where they lie you down and get a physio to massage your legs.

I think in future i'll make it part of my race plan...

• Options

Thank you so much for your support yesterday, it was so reassuring to see you there, especially as that was the start of my hellish bit! Went on to collapse in a heap due to cramped up legs, had a massage and went on my 'merry' way. Eventually crawled in after 5.19.50 hours, not my finest hours!

You were really lovely and made things that much more manageable. Thank you x

• Options

Massive well done again guys it was hot out there. 

Jaffa no probs the hug was enough.

Lou, no probs it was really fun being there to support you guys.  We had a great day.

Shaken and Stirred, probably was me with the Jelly babies as I was on Rios left most of the day.  Small, redish hair, purple t-shirt on?

Princess well done on keep going after the leg cramping.

Rob, hope you get on soon so we can hear your story.  You looked as though you were going well when we saw you. 

Oh and you were in good company at our little rail, we had a celebrity visit in the form of Gordon Ramsay!! 

Rio, was nice to meet you and say thanks to your OH for looking after us on the day.

• Options
    JWrunJWrun ✭✭✭

Hey guys, had a great day yesterday, slower than i wanted but i enjoyed it - was so HOT!

Tell you what though, i couldn't see you guys at all! Dunno what happened was all the sunshine i think!

Hope you all had a great day and hope the runners had a fantastic time!

Trying to register for next year but the site is too busy!

• Options
    A massive thank you! Was such a relief to find you at mile 17 for some muvh needed jelly babies and energy gels! You are all stars and really helped me get to the finish line.
  • Options

Hi Jo, sorry we missed you.  Was so hard to find all our runners.  Hope you had a good run.  Lol trying the site myself but no joy so far.

Hi Douey, good to see you at Mile 17.  Hope you had a good run and are taking it easy today. 

• Options

Good photos on the web page at top left of this home page under FLM photos/mile 17.

Well done everyone.. wasn't running but saw you guys and you did a great job.. Hope Rio and G got home safely

• Options

Well done everyone.   You are all stars.  It was great to be there supporting this year.  Though I did miss running.   I don't know how you all coped but I have a touch of heat stroke so it must have been hellish for you all.

Enjoy the medal and a rest now.

Rob how did you do in the end?  It was great to see you and looking so good too

Thanks for your help too Gilly.  It was good to meet you too

• Options
    Thanks RIo, that bottle hepled no end.........did ok, felt rubbish when i hit 20 so had a little walk and pulled myself together...finished in 5:00 exactly so well pleased with that......thanks again your a star...image
  • Options

Well done Rob, excellent time.  Saw you on the TV highlights a couple times, lol you were hard to miss in that costume.

Has anyone managed to get onto the ballot website yet.  I still can't get on, guy from work managed to get on after 10 last night.

• Options

Wow Rob what a brilliant time!!!  Well done you.  

I managed to get on the website this morning but only to check what I needed to do for my deferred place.

• Options
    I really couldn't have done it without you guys. Was feeling a little down about mile 15/16 as my family where meant to be stood there supporting but never made it tehre (they changed their plans image) so was in desperate need of a friendly face and JELLY BABIES! So thank you very much....It gave me something to focus on and then I managed to see my family at mile 18!
  • Options
    GM got on this morning, i have a 5 times rejection place..........image
  • Options
    I was glad to be of service Douey.   It is not nice when supporters are not where you expect them to be.  They really don't appreciate how much you need them to be there.  But you are the star.  You did it!!!
  • Options
    You are a star....and so are you Rio, all of the support group supporters should get a medal
  • Options

Oooh great Rob.   Be good to see you next year.   I have a deffered place so 2010 here we come!

How are you feeling this morning?

• Options

Sore, bad sores across my waist from Nessa, legs feel like they have run about 35 miles.........image

But i know that will pass........and i can prepare for the next event......image what a day...

• Options
    IMCH 2010 for you then? image
  • Options
    oh yes....bring it on......image
  • Options

The site goes live on the day of the race (12th July)and you will need to enter quite quickly.  It sold out within a few days this year.  I think the pirates are going to be doing Germany though so if you want support that will be the one to do (though there will be a few doing IMCH I am sure).

I am sure you will love the training and the cycling certainly helps the running (it doesn't seem to work the other way round though)

• Options

maybe i'll do germany instead then..............i can then earn my pirate strips..............oh yes jim lad...errrrrr

imageimageimageimageimage

• Options

Rio, thanks for the jelly babies t'other day. I couldn't see the Group 2 sign and thought I'd missed you so just asked anyone for some JBs. Now I've seen the pics it was you!

Jeeeez was it hot. Hadn't trained for that