Leicester City Marathon 2009

Comments

• Well done to everyone who ran today. image

Any results up yet?

• I cant find the results yet either.  Does anyone know how long it took last year to get results up?  I messed up my Garmin so waiting with bated breath.  Or is it baited?
  • You guys are a bit hasty wanting the results. We've only just got back from clearing up!!

Glad most of you enjoyed it and yes, the initial results are now up. Chip times take a bit more sorting out so we will put them on on Tuesday.

• Ok, thanks.

I do understand that you have a lot to do, I was just wondering thats all.

• No worries, just having a laugh.
  • Thanks Bob; and I'm impressed they are up already to be honest - thought probably tomorrow.  And thanks for a great day to all of you.

PB by 10 minutes in 3hr12min32 - hey this training really works!  Thanks runners world for the schedule.

• Hi all well done what a great day i really enjoyed it even if i forgot my chip this morning and had to get new number gun time was 4.44 i think i ran 4.40 cant moan at that for my first marathon and only running 4-5 months.

Every single Marshall thanks go out to you for your support.

Bob Budge - I will pop down club in couple of weeks to join on holiday now for a few weeks i really have the running bug cant wait for next year image

• How do i post a event review?

Thanks

• Great event  image

but no need for the mic man at the end to shout at me coz i had to hold my number as it came off on a water stop image........

still 1hr 26m for half... very please image

• Enjoyed the race till about 10 miles, then my legs felts really heavy. I think I went out a bit too fast.
    Pleased to beat my time from last year by half a minute, but a bit disappointed I didn't get a bit closer to my PB as hoped.
    1hr 27.26 ain't too bad for a vet 40 and can't really complain with my 3rd ever fastest time.
    Roll on next year!

How did you get on BO?
  • 1:32:42 in the half for me. My mate beat me by 43 seconds but I ran my very best and am well pleased. We're both determined to break 1:30 sometime next year.

The race was really well organised and all the mashals were great. Please pass on my thanks Bob.

• Well done on your time Suddy
    If you liked this course, try the Belvior Half Marathon next March / April - also really flat.
    It's in a village called Hose near Melton Mowbray.
  • today was good for me in some ways,             i got 5 PBs in the race, 5k, 10k, 10 mile, half marathon and 20miles, but not the one that i really wanted, the marathon.  i started to tire just after 20 miles        by then my time then was 2.16,     it took me 50 minutes to the last  10k so i paid for going off to fast,    so i finish just over 3.06.             the marshells were great on the route, well to them all.

well done to every one else that finish the race. bob i might met you last knight. i was asking about the car park for the runners.

• Mr G,

I must have passed u about 21 or 22 miles. I Had a black top on and an asics baseball cap back to front. Sub 3 will come next time for us both I am sure. Gonna actually take training seriously over the winter and give Stratford a blast in April. Until next time buddy!

Frank M

• KR - sounds from your review like you enjoyed it this year!!!!
    re your comment on parking - am just guessing but doubt they'd allow people to park on the park itself as there are pitches used for sunday league football all over it - am guessing with it being council owned they could get sued if someone hurt themselves due to a rut caused by a car tyre.

• Did the Marathon here 2 years ago when it was a bit hillier then the present course.

Managed 3 hours 17 minutes and 42 seconds (3 hours 19 minutes and 7 seconds on the gun time). My quickest marathon time of the year (from 5) by about 4 minutes. Managed a 7 minute 15 second mile for the final uphil one and took 7 or 8 places to boot.

The marshalls were brilliant (probably the best out of all the races that I have ever ran) and the water stations were good too. The cadets etc did a great job.

My only gripes would be the usual - people starting in the pens way above their actual ability, groups of people running 3 or 4 abreast within the 1st mile and of course the Ipodders (which have never caused me many problems in the past) but they were out in numbers oblivious to the world meandering all over the place.

Bob , a big thanks for putting on such a good event. Guess I'll be back next year.

• Have managed to crawl downstairs this morning!!!!

Very well organised - marshalls were excellent as were the many people at the water stations - a big thank you.

I was on for 3hr 40, feeling great after 15 mile, until the dreaded cramps set in both legs around 18 miles and the last 8 were the worst I have ever experienced and then it became a battle to finish and I crawled home in a little over 4 hrs.  Still that's sport for you!!

Well done to all who ran anyway!

• Well done yourself KR (and everyone else of course) and thanks for the tip. Have you ever done the Wokingham half? My friend/rival is trying to temp me with that in February for our sub 1:30 effort.

I'm still in shock about my time, my previous half PB was 1:49 and I was training for a 3:30 marathon before my knee went so am amazed I had the speed. Maybe the distance suits me better as my knee was absolutely fine.

• Well done everyone - some fantastic times there and new PBs all over the shop. I was happy enough with my 4.40 (maybe a bit quicker - I'm allowing 1 minute from gun time). I was doing much better until 20 miles when I was suddenly tired out and had to walk quite a bit. The last 6 miles took me 1 hour 20 mins! I absolutely agree with all the comments about the organisation and marshalling on the day: fantastic. Well done and many, many thanks to Bob and the team.
  • 1:39 for me in the half! I'd also like to echo the sentiments of those who praised the organisation and particularly the marshals. Most enjoyable race this year in that respect. Let's just gloss over the fact I hit cramp over the finish line and ended up going straight to St. John's. image
  • Is the 'Everards Leicester Marathon' the place to put our reviews? Can't seem to find the half.
  • Congratulations to the organisers and marshalls for an excellent event, managed a p.b. in the Marathon, just waiting to see the official results, soon please, planning to take it easy for a few weeks before training starts again for Paris and London.

LD

• Frank M, Mr G.

Great runs guys. Today wasn't my day. Was going fine til about 17 then just didn't have the legs to sustain it. Got in at 3.15.40 but didn't kill myself for last few miles when I realised the sub 3 was a distant dream ! Don't feel too wrecked today for a change inspite of the long journey back up to Edinburgh straight afterwards.

Need to seriously get the training going for London in April before I get too ancient. I was intrigued to see you mentioning chi running Frank M. What's the story there ???

Fraser W

• Around 4.35 for me not bad to say it was my first mamrathon!

Not feeling too bad this morning only a little stiff. I think i could have gone under 4.30 if i had started running again sooner but i was pretty much on my own all the way through the park and i just could not get it started again until th town centre and then that hill just took it all out of me again!

• My first ever race/event AND my first everhalf marathon, crossed the line in 2:13 by the whistle(2:09 by my watch). Am well chuffed, as my target was 2:10.  Hit the wall at 6 miles and kept on hitting it all the way over the finish line.

I know that this isn't a patch on any of your times, but I'm feeling really positive and will be looking to enter more events and pay more attention to my speed and distance training!!

Thanks to the marshalls and all the other runners who made it enjoyable for this first-timer.

• Has anyone got accepted for London next year?
    Got my place last week - it's going to be my fist marathon & I don't know what to expect! I am having a 2 week break from running now and then start thinking about London. Hopefully the training will help with my half marathon time as well.
  • Thanks to all the marshalls yesterday and to Bob for organising such a great event. In particular the finish through the town centre was awesome.

Was hoping for a sub-5 hr marathon or sub-4.30 in a dream scenario but an injured knee at Windsor HM two weeks before the race meant 4.30 was never really on the cards and I spent the majority of yesterday favouring my other leg.

I managed 4:55 though (and gun time was actually bang on 5:00:00!!!) so was really pleased with knocking over 50 mins off my previous PB!

• Well done Joanna i did my first hm in a similar time a couple of years ago and now gone on to quite a few more events!
  • well done to every single one of you
    jimmy did you wear a yellow vest? times around the same and a bloke in yellow vest went sprinting past me on new walk (i had never give up on back).
    cant wait for the photos and next years race
  • Hi everyone, sounds like you all had a good time.

3.07 for me (plus some seconds that I don't care about). Not quite a PB but I knew that was only going to happen when everything went perfectly. Unfortunately I was not firing quite 100% yesterday. Still, under 3.10 was my primary objective and I achieved that. My left leg pretty much packed in after 20 miles. I'm sure I use both my left and right but apparently not.

Had the day off today due to the wife needing the car and me being in no condition to ride my bike.