The Long Green Tape Measure......

Comments

• wabo - gosh that sounds a good length of time away from the daily grind, boozy christmas with son sounds fab! i bet you are excited for february....

vixx- you thinking of soup kitchens is incredibly selfless of you. how is your 60 day plan going?

birkmyre, 15 stone something, well done you!

• i was looking at bike lights to get out on my litespeed in the evenings, but was advised that the best ones start at £80! My main aim is - a powerful front light so i can see the road as well as people seeing me, the wider beamed lights are pretty pricey. have decided on spin classes in the week and a long bike ride saturday mornings with the tri club!
  • Someone I have on facebook that I met on another running forum is writing a blog which i'm really enjoying reading and think some of you might too

http://20stonemarathon.wordpress.com/

edited to try and sort out link

• Well Done birkmyre image

oii - 60 days is busy at the moment! Nearly half way through. Am on day 52 of the no smoking though image

Angel - will have a look at the blog! Thanks image How are you?

Hi Wabo - how are you after your run? image
  • vixx - you havent smoked for 52 days??? thats really good going, well done you! i really am not sure i could go for 52 days without eating chocolate image
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭

vixx well done on the non smoking! I was good after run, safe and sound lol!

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • well done on giving up smoking Vixx.  You can't go back on it now.

Another Parkrun under my belt and I seem to be at the top of the ladies points total image.  I probably won't be there for long, but while I am, it's giving me the motivation to get up on a Saturday morning to go do the run.  Otherwise, I think I could very easily turn over and go back to sleep image.  I'll be there next week as I'm doing the registrations.

Generally enjoying the Parkrun route though I'm not a great fan of uneven grass.  I've done a few off-road mixed terrain races in the past but most don't have too much grass.   There's a little slopey bit which we cover twice which is just enough to feel it's doing some good.

It will be nice to get back on the road proper for 11th Dec at Bicester.  That's a flatish 10k which includes an airfield (don't I just love airfields!) 

• Has someone broken the thread? 

Where is everyone?

• Morning - been away for a week with no laptop and have not worked out how to post on my smart phone.  Been walking in the Chilterns - lovely weather for November and feeling very chilled out and relaxed.  That will change no doubt as I get back in the swing of things at work.

How is everyone?

• Hello all image

I thought that I had posted here yesterday but clearly not!

Did you have a good time DD?

RLTW - nice one on your parkrun successes! image

I am now on day 57 as my maths was slightly buggered before.... LOL

birkmyre - how are you doing?

Anyone seen lfc? image

hi oii image
  • hey everyone - did 35 miles windy hill bike ride with tri club saturday. did 10k run yesterday. achy today image Monday is now rest, which is good as i HATE training on a monday!

Really sad news about Gary Speed, My thoughts go out to his family and friends.

Bit depressed that my beloved F1 is half going to SKY now. I have the full sky sports package as i cant live without it so i will be watching both. I will be really suprised if SKY do it 25% as fab as the BBC do.

Really excited that Christmas is soon. Need to get some races booked pre and post so i dont begin 2012 as fat as i did 2011! 

• hey vixx! 57 days no smoking is reallyreally good work-  well done you!
  • Thanks oii! I actually can honestly say I have only had two occasions when I have felt like I want one, and both have involved periods where my mother is moaning!

How's your day?

Shall we have a word of the day? We haven't had one for a bit....
  • friend having very hard time at new job, with very clicky colleagues and no money till mid dec payday so no food and really struggling.

order £25 tesco delivery as a red cross food package type affair to help out. all essentials. pasta, potatoes, marg, freezer stuff, shower gel etc.

didnt tell her what it was, but did say she needed to at home/work (she lives on site) monday 28th nov as she would be having a parcel delievered between 10am-11am.

texted her at 10:50am "please let me know if you havent had your delivery as i will chase the courier"

her "it has been delivered, i am at the park though"

me "i got it delivered today as it is your day off and we agreed you would be in then?"

her "i forgot"

me = FUMING - STEAM COMING OUT OF MY EARS

this is not the first time i have been let down.

but it will be the last.

me "well thats embarrassing, as it was a Tesco order and your work colleagues would have signed for your pasta"

just so so angry. why do i do it to myself?

at home now. ringing my network provider to change my phone number and will be blocking from my facebook.

i know it may sound like a totally innocent forget from ex friend. but, it isnt the first time things like this have happened.

£25 is so much money for me right now and i was trying to help out and be her frioend in need. well I AM DONE. i am done helping you and helping everyone and being nice and bl**dy putting myself out for NOTHING in return.
  • upside is. i was going to go up there this friday night to stay over so i would of missed my triathlon ride out, on saturday monring.

there is no way i am going on friday night now, so i get to ride out with the triathlon club (((0:

• That's such a thoughtful thing to do oii, such a shame she was like that about it.
  • angel - honestly - people!!!

i fully admit that i have HUGE expectations of people as i try and be the best person i can be. which means i get let down a lot.  

But this time is one time too many!!!

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

hi all

rltw well done on park run!

I don't like uneven grass either, went over on my left foot saturday and nice bruise has come out on top of ffot, think I have tweaked a tendon or something

oii, oh how disappointing is that?  How nice of you.  You live and learn eh? You only want to do these thing so many times! You know what the worst thing I have found you can do is to think people are like you if that makes sense?  It makes us expect them to behave how we would and sadly we get let down.  Good for you though for moving on and now you can have a nice bike ride saturday!

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • wabo - you are SO right. you do have these high expectations of people as you think they will naturally be as caring as yourself.

which rarely happens!

you do live and learn, you are quite correct. I have restricted said person frommy  facebook and will be changing my phone number soon too. I am massively dissapointed and i 100% can't do it anymore and i dont see why i should make other people feel good about themselves, whilst getting trodden on in return.

VERY looking forward to my bike ride on Saturday!!! and not spending £150 doing the 200 mile round trip to london and paying for someone on a night out as they have no money! 

• Good for you oii! That was a very kind thing to do, and I can't believe she did that! Take it she didn't know what the delivery was, just that there was going to be a delivery?

I know what you mean though wabo - we all like to think others will react to things as we would ourselves. I am currently conducting an experiment with a couple of friends of mine - I am not texting or contacting them to see if they contact me. It's always me phoning, or messaging them, and seeing if they want to do stuff - and then the other week they were saying that no-one ever wanted to do stuff with them and that they were always trying to arrange things..... No they aren't!

Grrrrr image

Have a great bike ride instead! image
  • Hi all.

I'm going to come out slightly as the voice of reason here.  oii - the delivery was off huge importance to you as you knew the significance of it, and it was indeed a truly lovely thing to be doing.  On the other person's side - they didn't know what it was about and therefore couldn't put the same degree of significance on it.  They may not have realised what a big deal it was to have missed the delivery, even though you had arranged for them to be in.   I understand what you say about them having let you down previously, and I know from my own friends that some people are just very hard work to be friends with. I'm thinking in particular of a really good friend who was coming up to Newcastle with me for the Great North Run. We had booked the room whilst up there the year before.  She didn't tell me she wasn't coming until I arrived in Newcastle, phoned her, and her husband said she had kids football committments that she couldn't get out of.  Just one in a string of 'let-downs'.  It's hard when your kind thoughts seem to be snubbed, but I do wonder if your reaction is a tad extreme.  I couldn't cut my friend off completely no matter how infuriating she is.  I realise this has upset you quite a bit and I wouldn't want to add to that.  Just trying to see things from both points of view, though clearly I don't have the insight that you do. 

lfc may be off to another broadcast ??

I'm still hoping to get tickets for a show thatTerry Wogan is hosting next week.  Lots of great acts going to be there.

• Hello everyone - where are you?

• vixx - she didn't know exactly what is was going to be, just an emergency red cross package. i know how you feel about trying to see, if the shoe is on the other foot, if people will contact you...
  • I'm here - icing my shin after a 17 mile walk image

Weather now bad - got into the BBC building just after 15 miles to stop and have a quick coffee, and it was like monsoon season had started! Stopped raining long enough to get back but shin aching and so icing whilst cooking a couple of boiled eggs for a sarnie.

I wrote this the other day. I'd like people to read it if they would like to but will understand if people don't wish to.

http://kineticlifestylecom.wordpress.com/2011/11/27/what-words-cant-or-dont-say/

oii - has she tried to get in touch? I'd be mortified if someone had done something so kind and I'd just ignored it image

Hi DD -waves- how are you? I'm doing a pudding run on Sunday at Wythenshawe Park - have you seen it?
  • rltw - thank you for your sensible insight. i shouldn't of ordered it in the first place, then i wouldn't be in this predicament. we have been through a lot together so i cant bin the relationship totally, but i am going to cut it down a lot. i am sorry your friend let you down at the gnr.

i should of told her what the order was and knowing that she is a fluff i should of texted her on Sunday night to remind her.

basically, i need to stop acting like everyone's bl00dy Mum and look out for myself instead. i really haven't got time to be running round sorting everyone else's lives out and interfering. i am going to find an evening course or something. ITS SO HARD FILLING THE GAP NOW I AM NOT A PARTY ANIMAL.

i am going to get my head down with my triathlons.

rant over!!!

how is everyone?

• 17 miles vixx, really is good work (0: Cheltenham weather is apocalyptic today, i'm really impressed you got out there! i chickened out and did the 7am circuits class at the gym.

she texted me to say she had got it and it was all there @ about lunchtime yesterday. we haven't spoken since. i'm chilling out about it to be honest. i do try too hard. i am intense and overbearing and i need to back off and live my own life! i know this, i just need to action it!

i will certainly read your piece!
  • Thanks oii - it's an important piece to me, and at this time of year I want to get the word around.

Why don't you look after yourself more btw?
  • i do look after myself, i meant look out for myself. in short, i dont know why! I just like to do stuff for others (0:
  • i really, really like your piece. I thinks its very well written - very heartfelt. And honest.

I am totally shocked at what happened to those two people. Everyone needs to LISTEN and watch the people around them.

I can not imagine being in a place that makes you feel like you would need to take that action, but i could only hope i would be able to reach out and ask for help.
  • That's why I'm trying to get the point across.... It frightens me to think that someone might feel like that who is close to me. Last night outside Salsa's a chap was knocked off his motorbike. Salsa went down first (being the nurse) and I went down later as I couldn't sit up here thinking I hadn't helped. Luckily two doctors were already there having witnessed it, and he was ok, but it could have been much worse image