The Long Green Tape Measure......

Comments

• Hello

Can i join? I think it might help me with motivation a bit image

I'm 5.2 and weigh 58 kg (not sure what this is in stones) but want to get back to 50-52 kg which i was until i put on weight after going to uni.  

I'd like to get down to 54kg by 25th june but it feels a bit impossible at the moment. eeek. especially  since i haven't eaten too well today. image

• Hello Hollie image  The more the merrier - think we're a good range of size/weight/fitness in here...
  • Crap food day yesterday and no better today with yummy leftovers in fridge-ooopsimage.

Starting tomorrow with an early run, but have a business lunch at work so that won't help.

Been intermittently trying the VLM website on and off today. Que sera, sera and all that.

Welcome Hollie image

• Bah, Just weighed myself no change still 12st 8 3/4  image. Mind you no running for the last month and hardly any bike work last week due to mental workload (I have my own company and doing an exhibition at NEC starting tomorrow). Still at least I havent gained anything is a positive start to the week. Going to hit the bike and rowing as soon as I get in this week then hopefully Friday I can get the allclear to begin running again.

Would you recommend I ease myself back in with like 3 miles or something and see how I go?

• Hi everyone - I hope that everyone got into the ballot who wanted to get in.

Today being Monday is a good day to re-start with the good intentions after the weekend, so be positive, and I hope everyone has a good week image

• Rodeo Clownz - I would just ease in with a walk/run situation first just to see how you get on - especially if it has been a while since you last ran.  The cross training will have kept you in good stead though.

We don't want you getting injured again due to pushing too hard, but enjoy your first run back.

What's the show you are doing at the NEC?

• Thanks for the advice Vixx will do just that, not running is a real pain in the ass, literally for me image. We are doing SignUk. Fingers crossed should be a good show
  • Evening all, welcome holly!

I can confirm the VLM site definitely opened early, i entered about 5am your time when i saw a post on RW saying it was open. If i do get a place then looks like another trip home will be planned for april, which is good as its 2 days before my mum's birthday, and i'll be ready for another visit home by then.

I've been naughty and weighed myself the last couple of days, after being 10st 3lbs on friday, i was 10 st 0 on monday and 10 st 1lb this morning....so long as its down i'm happy!

Good night everyone!

• Sydney - I confess I was too keen this morning too, and weighed myself. Only a pound less than Saturday am, but as the weekend was still full of good food, wine and cake, I can't complain!  It's good motivation too image
  • Ha ha, glad i'm not the only one, and you're right i do feel better about it as i knew i'd had a bad week and a good weekend so would be lower now!

Off to spinning now, aka torture! Have a good day everyone x

• finally the FLM is over (the bf ran) so i can stop comfort carb loading and eat properly again! there was NO need for me to be stuffing my face while he did, but i am supah greedy and cant help myself, and was partly glad i did after the 3 day epic that was his nerves, the expo and walking round for 10 hours on sunday sending him off on the start/up to the runners world mile 17 group/finding my mates at charing x/finding him at horseguards parade, knackered!

had healthy cooked brekkie in the hotel yesterday of scambled egg on wholegrain toast with tomatos/mushrooms, salad at pizza express (torture!) for lunch and tomato soup with rye bread for dinner. 2.5 litres of water and i may of had some jelly babies in the car from the FLM goody bag but then the bf decidd to drive us through central london on the way home and put 110 minutes onto the journey time so its allowed image going for an 8 mile jog tonight. hereford half marathon may 17th image

entered the VLM ballot at 11pm last night image good luck to everyone with their entries!

• wow, frantic post for a frantic weekend Kelly!  Hope this week's a bit more 'normal' for you image
  • Hi there... is it too late for me to join?  I would like to lose 2 stones as well...  I deferred my london place from this year to next and would like to loose the weight before the training for london starts again!  image
  • Not too late for anyone to join Katie - more the merrier. When is your target date for losing the 2 stone? I am after losing 2.5 stone before 01 August. Have lost half a stone already.image

Cycled into work again this morning. image

• Thants fantastic PMA...  I am hoping to get mine off by 1 October... then if I can keep it off up til Christmas, I will start next years marathon training in a good place! 

What sort of diet are you doing? image

• Been for 4 mile run this morning but then had a chocolate bar when i got back. oops image was feeling really good after the run, so not sure why i then went and ate chcocolate. ah well, just try to eat healthy for the rest of the day.

well done PMA! how long did that first half stone take you to lose?

I'm training for a half marathon at the moment, it will be my first. I think i should be ready by about July, but would it be better to wait untill septemeber to run it so that the weathers not as hot?

Hi Katie, I just joined aswell. image

• Katie Weston wrote (see)

Thants fantastic PMA...  I am hoping to get mine off by 1 October... then if I can keep it off up til Christmas, I will start next years marathon training in a good place! 

What sort of diet are you doing? image

Well I started off with a crash diet for 5 days (BHF one - not the way to do it but I found it gave me a boost) and since then I have been just having low fat food and have totally cut out chocolate (of which I was probably eating a pound a day at night times!) and have severely cut out bread and potatoes. I am also eating breakfast, dinner and tea whereas before I was having no breakfast, hardly anything (sometimes nothing) for lunch and then totally binge eating in the evenings.image I have also started cycling into work (10 miles each way) a couple of times a week (hoping to build up to 3 or 4) and am trying to find my running mojo again...

I work long hours in my job and have put all of this weight on since I started the job 4 years ago.

What sort of diet are you doing?

• Apart from the 'crash' start that all sounds great... especially the cycling...   I am going to try and avoid bread and too much starch for a while to give me a kick start...  and (once again) going to try and cut down on the booze image

I started training for a 50 mile race but three weekends with 20+ miles on the trot made me realise I am really not ready for that yet so I am going to aim at getting faster over shorter distances and lose the excess 'baggage' in order to get a better london time next year.  Only looking for sub-4.30 so not that speedy image

Have just popped accross to Boots and weighed myself on their 'high tech' machine... and it was more shocking than first thought..  So am going to give it my best shot this week and will weigh in again next Tuesday! 

Holly... how long have you been running? 

PMA...  I also work long hours, but to try and get back my running MOJO I am going to assist in training a beginners group once a week from nil to 10K in 20 weeks!

Thanks for the welcome... am looking forward to watching us all shrink!

• Oops, haven't been as good as intended so far today, and it's only going to get worse.  Had a bag of crisps around 10am, then a colleague returned from Peru with a box of Quality Street (very Peruvian lol) so have had more than a couple of those during the morning... image  Just had homemade lasagne & salad, followed by fresh fruit & yogurt (that bit's OK), but later on I'm meeting some friends for a drink or 2.... ah well - what's life if not to enjoy?
  • Its only one day lol ...  You can cut back on the other 6!  Well thats the theory anyway! image
  • oh dear again - one of the directors' 50th birthday today = more cake! image 
  • Hi everyone image

Welcome to the newbies - hope you enjoy yourselves here with us, and get the motivation, or company that you need image

Sounds like people have had good weekends - don't worry too much about weight gain, drinking etc... it's what Fridays are for.... you can weigh in then and enjoy the weekend and then work on the weight loss again on Monday.....

I've been pretty healthy this weekend - the only thing I can say I've probably had too much of is coffee.  But then I have more weight to lose than you guys image

• Hi Vixx.. many thanks for the welcome and all I can say is... surely coffee doesnt count!!!! image

• afternoon all, and welcome to all the newbies image

well im still being really good with sensible eating, still havent eaten any crisps/biscuits/chocs etc for nearly 2 weeks now and am being sensible and s ticking to 3 meals a day and not eating late in the evenings and feeeling very good for it. was told by one of the mums in the school yard yesterday that im looking really good at the moment and that i had lovley skin image dont you just love compliments !!!!!

• Jafa cakes are low fat and as runners we are SUPPOSED to eat them image
  • Not sure I can call myself a runner at the moment though, Katie.image Anyway, I earnt itimage

Consumption today:-

Too many black coffees

x 1 bowl of porridge

x 1 banana

x 1 wrap with chicken, lettuce, cucumber and houmuss

x 1 jaffa cake

• oh and a chocolate eclair (sweet, not cake)...
  • Well done BBS - that is really good.

Jaffa Cakes are good for runners - they are fairly low in fat, and the orangey stuff in the middle provides an energy boost.  They are used with the England Football Team as far as I know as a half-time snack.