Options

Harlow 10 miles 2009

Comments

• Options
    My number arrived today.
  • Options
    Had a look at the 15 day forcast and the race day will be sunny 21c.
  • Options
    Checked the weather again and it is still going to be hot and dry.
  • Options
    Most of the races I have done this year have been precisely that.   If anyone's interested, I can give you a list of the rest of what I've got planned so you can spend a day on the beach or something...
  • Options
    Wasn't sure i was going to do this one after all, as it's 'off my half mara training schedule' and enjoying sticking to it but think I am now... don't like it hot and dry though image bring on the rain! image
  • Options
    Change of plans, as I have not been unable to train this week due to injuries my target time is :- just to get round. It will still be a PB.
  • Options

Hi CdeC

Interested in seeing your race schedule please as may be some good stuff there that I've likely missed.

Plus I prefer running in warm/sun/dry as opposed to cold/dark/wet....

• Options

There are entries on the day available, if anyone else wants to come along.

We will be providing water in 330 ml sports cap bottles rather than cups for the first time this year, and there will also be a sponge station.

• Options

Hey TNT prefer cold and wet so will pray for not hot and dry image

OR sorry to hear you have injuries

Am using it as a 'training' run but still want to beat my Gt Baddow time.... wave to me at the back image

My BF is registering on the day image with his mate, so you have at least TWO more VicnVin.

• Options
    gmikegmike ✭✭✭

Hey TracyB image

Hi VicnVin, afforementioned BF here image

What time does race day entry close?? and as a last resort could TracyB register on my behalf??

I'm cycling up from Benfleet before the race and hopefully should be there for 8.30 - 9.00 but you never know

• Options

TNT,

After Harlow, I have the following planned:

15 Aug - Race the Train

06 Sep - Thanet Marathon

12 Sep (?) - Three 2 Go marathon

27 Sep - Folkestone Half

04 Oct - Something (Sittingbourne 10, Southend 10K or Clarendon marathon - or rest)

11 Oct - Petts Wood 10K

24 Oct - Beachy Head marathon

29 Nov "Gatliff marathon"

06 Dec - Thanet 10

All with an honourable mention for the Maidstone Half marathon on 18 Oct where I am more likely to be marshalling than running.

• Options
    Hey gmike, good to see you. If only I had a pound for every virtual that claims to by my BF image lmfao
  • Options
    gmikegmike ✭✭✭

Aaah well then ...

Ok ladies of Harlow ... apparently gmike is young, free and single again and will be in town early sunday and in the mood for ...

a 10 miler image ... now stop mucking about TracyB and say you'll register for me or VicnVin will think i'm some sort of pervy stalker image

• Options

gmike 'Ladies of Harlow'? Is that like 'Ladies of Paris' at the Lust restaurant you arranged in the Paris Mara? image Young....? image (you're only as young as the woman you feel). Do you have to follow me everywhere gmike?   I entered this one forever ago. You'll start getting yourself a reputation image (ah, you saw your typo image )

VicnVin please will you let me register on behalf of my favorite virtual BF stalker? He's been certifed sane honestly (although a very long time ago). He's really a very nice man (or so he says) and loves a good race and will be there to support me anyway - although I think he'll be fairly nackered for the rest of the day after cycling 35m then running 10m! But hey.. he won't be told image

• Options

I may drive up and enter on the day, if I can get up early enough, add to the Benfleet team image

• Options
    There's so many of you - come on Benfleet image Am thinking of joining Benfleet team as seem to spend more time there than here image
  • Options

Hi,

I'll be on the entry desk myself TracyB, so yes, no problem. Technically gmike has to sign the form himself, so the best thing to do would be to print a form off, he can sign it and you can bring it along.

The form is here: http://www.thehrc.org.uk/harlow10_entryform_2009.pdf

Last entries at 9.00 AM, and I may have gone by then, as I have an early marshalling position. There will be people around though.

We know 9.30 is an early start, but usually it is scorching for this race, so that is the reason...people aren't running through the real heat of the day if we have an early start.  Weather forecast says it isn't going to be a scorcher this year though, which is a good thing for you runners!

• Options

Gmike. I am not 100% sure - perhaps 9:15 am. I would recommend coming as soon as possible as we traditionally get many entries on the day.

We currently have ~350 pre-entries with a race limit of ~500

• Options

Hi VicnVin (are you two people.. Vicky n Vince? image )

I'll be there by 8.30. Printed form off for virtual BF as his acting non-paid Secretary.. just hope I recognise him to give number to image

9.30 is a great time to start. Some of the 'summer' ones start too late at 11, and gives me the rest of the day with said BF if he's not nackered from cycling and running ... he just won't listen image

See you Sunday!

• Options
    gmikegmike ✭✭✭

TracyB - image (resisting urge to ask you to 'take something down for me' ... and wondering if chasing round a desk counts as intervals or fartlek image)

Thanks VicnVin my PA will have a pre-signed entry form ready and waiting .. and hopefully I'll be there by half eight ... with the wind behind me.

Jordie - you could always get up EXTRA early and join us for the cycle as well

ps

New members always welcome at BRC - 'The Caring Club' image

• Options

image (trying hard not to comment.... )

I could always just borrow your tee image

• Options

We are two people, yes image

Sorry if it gets confusing!!

• Options

Gmike. I am not 100% sure - perhaps 9:15 am. I would recommend coming as soon as possible as we traditionally get many entries on the day.

We currently have ~350 pre-entries with a race limit of ~500

• Options
    Not at all, you could be two personalities image stranger things have happened in the virtual world image Was just my curiousity.. luckily I'm not a cat.
  • Options

Not sure what happend there  - my post got repeated!

Vin (not Vic) which is NOT short for Vince. Clue: comes from another popular running website

• Options

CdeC

Thanks v much will cross ref against my own bookmarks 'tho marathons way beyond my abilties. Ran Sittingbourne 10 last year small field in heavy rain; friendly atmosphere and decent course but felt a bit empty. 

TracyB - current forecast dry but cloudy for Sunday, so seems like a fair compromise....

Sorry for the delay in reply but for some reason no longer getting e-mail notifications from this thread - grrr - so now just checking-in when I find a few mins.

• Options

Thought you were making a point cos gmike never listens image

Okay.. you've got me thinking. Was so inspired was thinking like tracngmik image

Vin not short for Vince... does anyone know the answer?

• Options

We are two people, yes image

Sorry if it gets confusing!!

• Options

VicnVin... do you keep repeating yourself because you are two ? image Will see you Sunday morning with virtual BFs signed form.

TNT! How are you? Hmmm.... still prefer rain, but definately not heat. Okay, I'll agree to that forecast then image I've got a complicated training run within this 10miler as my RW half mara schedule is only actually a 10k race this weekend (and a slow one!). See you Sunday.

• Options

I think VicnVin keep refreshing their browser, that's what makes the posts repeat . . 

or they've been eating peppers!! image

I know their i/d's from elsewhere but won't give the game away image

I'll be there on Sunday trying to hide behind a camera, and all being well photos will be online on Sunday night at www.theracephotographer.com so try to slow down and smile nicely when you go past me won't you  image