Quick question about application/rejection?

Hi Guys,

Not running this year but will apply monday morning. I ran last year but technically I was rejected because I got in through the bequeathed second 1000 place ballot. When I fill the online form out and put rejected last year they'll have it on their records that I only ran because of the second ballot won't they? So technically I've had two rejections so far.

Is it 4 rejections then in the 5th time?

Comments

• if that makes any sense? lol I'm just kind of thinking in terms of accruing rejections as I dont think I'll get in next years either.

• 5 rejections and in 6th time . . .

dunno if success inthe 2nd ballot is or is not a rejection . . .
    . . . I would say that it should be . . . but . . .

• I am pretty sure that the 2nd ballot counts as an acceptance - you did run after all. Best to ring them for confirmation however.
  • Yeah I might check. I got a rejection letter but then also a letter saying thanks for bequeathing your money you're now in. Hmm, I dont want to lie on the form

• Just called them, it doesn't count as a rejection because I ran. Thats a bit harsh I think, oh well not to worry will apply on monday anyway. About as much chance of me getting in as Newcastle staying in the premier league, lol

• So you want another bite of the cherry while we wait patiently for our first?

Hmmmmmmm........image

You ran. Back to square one is the only fair way as far as I am concerned. I admire your honesty though. Some might have been tempted to do otherwise.

• if you run on a club place or a golden bond place it still counts as a rejection........seems a bit mean that the bequeathed lucky draw doesn't............anyway,,,,,,,one more rejection for me and i'm inimage
  • I'm in next year as I deferred entry from this year (due to injury). Doesn't stop me being insanely jealous though! I don't know what to do on Sunday morning - go and support? go on a long run? or just hide myself away for the day?!
  • faithfulred - why not go to mile 17 and help out RW supporters . . . they can always do with an additional pair of hands . . .
  • Yeah go down and watch/support people and take in the atmosphere. It's pretty inspiring as an event.

I do come across a bit cheeky wondering about a 3rd London marathon go, it's not like that really. I did only get in last year because I bequeathed my money to the cause, it's not like I cheated my way in, haha I'll apply on monday but I dont expect to get in. Will try and break 3 hours in Rotterdam for the guaranteed entry.

• Seren nos - unless rules have changed Gold Bond and club places do not count.  It used to state on application 'no. times rejected in ballot', not ' years since last ran London'.    I got in that way 3 years ago, in spite of having got in via a club place for the previous couple of years. 
  • Does the ballot online entry thing stay open for a few days or is it a case of closing it down when a certain number have applied?
  • There is a limit of 120,000 applications and last year it took several days before this limit was reached.  However during that period the site opened and closed a few times.
  • Online entry had 2 phases last year.

Still didn't take long to fill up though.

Best get a GFA time then- they give you longer to apply!