Options

2010 Ballot entry is up

Comments

• Options
    OMG!  This all just crazzinness!!  Why oh why don't they just have more ballot places?!  Well fingers crossed....really hoping I get a GFA place other whys I shall be livid as have been applying for the past 4 years without any success and don't want to loose my 5 in a row.
  • Options

Last years ballot entrries were capped. Unless I am mistaken, this does not seem to be the case for this year.image

If that is so, you can forget about a 1:6 chance of selection, it will be more 1:10 image

Richard Branson is a business mogul first and last. I am sure he will capitalise on the entry system.

Still I guess a 1:10 cance is better than nothing, good luck to all of you!!image

• Options

Thanks FerrousFerret.... your link works!!!

Been trying the secure link for about a day with no success and your link worked first time!!

Cheers

• Options

ballot being stopped after 120,000 I believe.

How many pages to register...7..??

The FLM database must be huge, so why our details can't be retrieved from there instead of re-typing everything in is crazy !

Plus (whilst I am moaning) if 36,000 ran this year surely, they could allow those to re-apply directly first (with a code, let they did on GSR) and then it still leaves 84,000 open entries for other people....?

• Options
    I did register last night (by the way) after trying all day !
  • Options
    GradgeGradge ✭✭✭
    Cheers ferrer I used your link and managed to register. It was around an hour ago and I have yet to recieve my email confirmation yet?How long does it take for that to come through? 
  • Options
    FerrousFerret wrote (see)

Another successful applicant here, but using

http://www.virginlondonmarathon.com/ballot/uk

rather than the https (secure link) whick is still showing as not available

Good luck all.....

Yep, worked for me too.  Confirmation through immediately.

• Options
    That's the link I used alst night too, only took 13hours to get through, could have run it 3 times in the time it took just to register!
  • Options
    Entered - number 135064 image
  • Options

Hooray!!!!      Finally managed to register at 9.40 last night after 13 hours and 3 computers constantly hitting F5, comfort eating to the tune of a huge cake, bar of chocolate, bottle of beer, 5 chocolate biscuits and a huge chilli with rice and tortilla chips!  Need to start training immediately just to work that lot off!

I do think though that heads should roll and thought should be given to reverting to postal applications - it was a helluva lot easier from an applicant's point of view that's for sure.

Good luck to everyone still trying, hope you all get in.

• Options
    Has anyone who hasn't received their confirmation email called the Marathon office on 0207 902 0200 to enquire about this?

I'm too scared...

(Have made a note of my confirmation number from that end "thankyou" screen though)
  • Options
    Jim Bergerac wrote (see)
    Has anyone who hasn't received their confirmation email called the Marathon office on 0207 902 0200 to enquire about this? I'm too scared... (Have made a note of my confirmation number from that end "thankyou" screen though)

I've emailed this address.

online-entry@london-marathon.co.uk

• Options
    image it's so frustrating!!! Keeps crashing, so I get my hopes up then fail again... Pah!!!
  • Options

There is no chance of reverting to a postal system. The LM is a business and business costs are dramatically reduced with an on-line entry system.

The question is, if it costs the organisers £32 to cover admin costs for entry to the event, why do they charge charities £250 for a place?? image

• Options
    Nicola, try FerrourFerret's link..... its worked for me & my friends!!
  • Options

FF - you're a star.

I used your (unsecure) link.. Straight in and registered first time in 5 minutes and have recieved the confirmation email.

Go here folks >>>>

http://www.virginlondonmarathon.com/ballot/uk

• Options
    Scratch that!! Finally in the ballot! Good luck everyone image image image
  • Options

Still no confirmation so I have emailed them.  Thanks for the link Run Stuboy Run.  Have also not had anything through from the Charities I marked either. 

• Options
    I registered at 11.30 last night but still waiting for confirmation email. When should I panic?
  • Options

Eventually - after many many F5 refresh presses - i'm registered in the ballot

• Options

Crazy idea ... but if the London Marathon is so popular, why not hold two?!  One in spring and one in autumn. 

• Options

well, I tried the link above, got all the way thro' to the penultimate page, whereupon all my data was lost.

not very impressed with their IT!... but, I tried again, and it worked!

Will post if/when I receive my email....

good luck to all,

h.

• Options

ref the email - I am guessing due to spam filters, etc. some emails may get blocked.

Check you have

confirmation@virginlondonmarathon.com

as an accepted email in your spam filters.

So as long as you have the VLM confirmation number  I would guess that would be sufficent.
    Emails can take mins, hours and days sometimes to come through.

Just keep the VLM number until October and you will get confirmation in the post anyway.
    The email is only an extra. GOOD LUCK.

• Options

Registered for the marathon. now start the traing.  now the waiting starts, and training in hilly hastings

• Options

Thanks Karl.  Have checked Spam box and nothing.  Will keep fingers crossed and post if I get a reply from VLM.

• Options
    Arghhhhh!!!! What a nightmare. Its taken me days to get entered into the ballott and now I have to wait for the confirmation email. Thanks for the link, I got through and then panic filled it all in so that it didn't freeze or kick me out again. Knowing my luck I won't get in but will have a XXL fleece by accident!
  • Options
     I am now confused it aint hard am blonde. Do you pay now or in october.????????????????????????
  • Options

I'm blonde too! And it's hard enough trying to join as it is! They didn't take any money of me either, I'm just waiting my confirmation email and see what the crack is from there. At least I have a reference number - phew!

• Options

Marje - you can choose whether to pay now or in October.

If you bequeath you pay now because they're getting your money regardless.

• Options
    Thank F**k for that, after sitting here like a numpty for hours, finally got confirmation of my ballot entry (138999). I remember in the good ol' days when you had to get off your backside, go down to your local running shop (that in itself is traumatic enough to put off all but the most determined), think about it in the meantime and really consider what you were letting yourself in for, and if you were not put off, then fill in a form, put it in an envelope, put on a stamp and then...just before you stuck it in the letterbox, you had one last chance to really, really consider the amount of work involved in preparing for a marathon. Now any silly s*d who gets a bit emotional on Sunday morning watching the marathon and thinks "I can do that" (when judging by the amount of people who were patently not up to it and where dropping like flies early doors, can't) just sits at their computer (albeit for hours like everyone else) and can get in the ballot. As a matter of interest there is another thread on the site were a couple of people openly comment about how they have entered as a spare of the moment thing and are already questioning whether they should have entered - numptys the lot of 'em!!!