Options

2010 Ballot entry is up

Comments

• Options
    if you donate they take the cash if not you pay in Oct.  And it looks like all 5 time rejections get in.
  • Options

Gawd Mr A, I'd hate to think any right minded person would sign up for a marathon on the spur of the moment image

any silly s*d who gets a bit emotional on Sunday morning watching the marathon - now you see  I was one of them but instead of thinking I could do it, I always thought I'd never be able to do it. Turned out I was wrong image

Feel sorry for anyone still struggling to get registered today. Keep trying guys - it is a good test of the mental strength you need to run the race. image

• Options

just got up to stage 4 of 7 of the registration process for the ballot, i have only been refreshin the page for 2 and a half hours, only 3 pages to go, but got to get there first.

I would rather post my application form than sit lookin at my pc screen all morning image

• Options

Jimmy - I had that problem using firefox. But I switched to IE and found that I was trying to re-register with Buzz. If you just delete all the field on page 4, you may just get to page 5.

Ian

• Options

just scrolled back through some of the posts and ferrousferret has posted a link, i clicked it and at first it all seemed the same, but after i clicked next, the next page just popped up and so on.....

Now i am all registered woo hoo, Thanks to ferrousferret, all registered now !!!!

• Options

I feel practically guilty after reading how long its taken everyone to get there ballot in! i was lucky enough to check at 7am yesterday, got my application in, in about 3mins! lets just hope its worth the wait for everyone!image

Mr average....couldnt agree more!!

• Options
    Thank you, ian&eve, I've been stuck on page 4 since 7.30 this morning. Followed your advice, deleted all fields on page 4, got to page 5 at last and completed application! Hurrah!
  • Options
    keep trying everyone, it is definately worth the wait. Still on a high after sunday, its the most amazing day ever!!! didnt hesitate in registering again for next year, got up at 6am this morning after yesterdays nightmare
  • Options

Yes i can now join the new club " i spent over twenty five hours trying to get in the London Marathon and finally made it" number  144090!! Maybe we should all get t-shirts made up like the pirate gang!!

Now i can get my life back in order and and try to find a new F5 key for my laptop image

• Options
    Flat Footed wrote (see)

Yes i can now join the new club " i spent over twenty five hours trying to get in the London Marathon and finally made it" number  144090!! Maybe we should all get t-shirts made up like the pirate gang!!

Now i can get my life back in order and and try to find a new F5 key for my laptop image

Im definitely part of that club! .... Does that mean I get to be a pirate too???
  • Options

Well, I finally completed my second marathon in two days when I got my ballot entry in at around 2:15am this morning.  I woke up to go to the loo and decided to give it a go.  First attempt didn't work, ranted on here then gave it another go and got through!  What a fiasco, I thought the Shakespeare marathon was tough, but getting onto the web site was worse.  Started trying at 8:20 on Monday morning.

• Options
    SilkTorkSilkTork ✭✭✭

Done it!

So I am now assured of an entry in either 2010 or 2011 as this is my fifth consecutive entry.

I notice that this year we haven't been asked for our card details. So there'll be no checking the bank statements this year to see if we are in or not. That's a tradition I kinda liked!

• Options
    yes me too, that was part of the fun!
  • Options

Done it!

5.15 this morning - up early for an early train - ended up entering the ballot instead of having coffee!  What is it about running and computers that makes them such a potent mixture for frustration?

Off for another caffeine injection now . . . . .     image

• Options

After trying for several hours last night to no avail - I made it in at 7am this morning. Bummer that we have to wait so long though to find out if we're through.

If I don't get in though I have the Blackpool Marathon which is only a couple of weeks before the London one so at least I can still train.

• Options
    SilkTork, dont wish to panic you but I was asked for my credita card details when i registered last night. Also got confirmation of payment from WorldPay as well as VLM. maybe it was because I pledged the entry to charity???? I thought they took the details and if you pledged they took it straight away and if you got through they would take it in Oct...but I could be wrong. You may want to check it out
  • Options
    Yes, if you chose to donate it to charity whether you run or not they took it straightaway. If you didn't, they ask you to pay it in October.
  • Options

Have just checked email and have at last received confirmation of entry to ballot.  It was sent out at 9.32pm last night but only just received.  image Fingers crossed now till October.

• Options

Ive just got off the phone with the organisers.

Basically if you have recived a worldpay transaction confirmation, but nothing from virgin london marathon then you are NOT in the ballot yet. It looks like something has gone screwy and the entrance is not marked as complete.

I simply had to forward the conf to the chap i was speaking to and he says he's gonna sort it out.

I suggest that you give them a call if your still waiting.

• Options

Swayer

This year they only took your card details if you pledged.

• Options
    I managed to do it at 7.20am this morning.  Just gotta see what happens in Oct now! image
  • Options
    I felt I had to pledge my entry fee, because if I didn't I'd have even less of a chance of getting a place. It's my first time of trying so I don't hold out much hope.........
  • Options
    Pete Matthews wrote (see)

Basically if you have recived a worldpay transaction confirmation, but nothing from virgin london marathon then you are NOT in the ballot yet. It looks like something has gone screwy and the entrance is not marked as complete.

I simply had to forward the conf to the chap i was speaking to and he says he's gonna sort it out.

thanks Pete, was it this number?

0207 902 0200 

• Options
    dunnit smorning - not holding much hope myself but woith a shotimage
  • Options
    Pete Matthews wrote (see)

Thanks for the heads-up, Pete!

I've received both confirmations but my hubby hasn't.  I've just phoned & his record was marked as 'incomplete'. I've just forwarded his World Pay confirmation email to them & hopefully the situation can be sorted out.

If anyone needs the number, it's 020 7902 0200

• Options
    yep thats the one Stuboy
  • Options
    thanks guys, lucky you said, most appreciated image
  • Options
    I thought I'd managed to register for the ballot yesterday afternoon but still only have a WorldPay email, nothing from VLM. I phoned this morning and was also told that the entry isn't finished and I need to forward the WorldPay message. What email addresses have others been given to forward to ? I was given "person I spoke to" @london-marathon.co.uk.
  • Options
    just off the phone, something was missing off the application but they couldn't see what, again they asked me to forward the worldpay message to @london-marathon.co.uk.
  • Options

Hooray. Thank god almighty I finally registered my application after 29 hours of waiting. I wonder how long it would take if I entered by post. At least one good thing have come out from this years application lottery. They are not asking for your money until you got a place. But one wonders from stressing ourselves in getting a place that the 120,000 applicants into the ballot are only applying for a small field in next years marathon. Deduct those charities who pay a cool £500 to get a place and sell it those unlucky souls for £1,500 so it pays that £500 plus £1,000 in supporting charity. Deduct club runners, good for age runners, the ill and injured, corporate sponsors and Z-list celebrities and whats left is not much. We have the same chance of getting a place as much as winning the lottery. The organisers know they got the magic formula and make good money out of it. But they have a problem in expanding the field.

Three options could solve this.

1: Move to a different start to accomodate possible 50,000.                                                                               2: Expand the field but the start go in stages rather than in one go.                                                                 3. If London want to sell golden bond places to charities. Why not sell golden bond places to      runners at £500 too.

So come on London. You know there are many more who want to run the marathon and prepare to pay too. You have made the event bigger. Now why not make the field bigger too.