Options

Nauseua while running

<div align="left"> I have recently found that while racing or sometimes during hard training sessions I feel very sick and have to slow right down until this passes. Has anyone else experienced this or know how to avoid this? I'm not sure whether it may have something to do with what I eat prior to running or something else entirely?

Comments

• Options
    feeling nauseous under heavy exertion is not uncommon - many are physically sick either during or usually straight after they finish.....

the trick is to train to a level where it happens after you stop rather than during the race

you're normal
  • Options

I remember the first time I went to my athletics club where I used to run 100m. They worked me so hard I almost passed out and felt really sick.

Just take it easy and try not to eat less than 2-3 hours before a run (it varies with different people and what you eat)

• Options
    Did anyone see Emmanuel Mutai as he crossed the line at the FLM this year? Crossed the line and within 2 strides had vomitted.

I don't think it's unusual/worrying to feel nauseous or to actually be sick after extreme exertion - whether that's running a 2:06 marathon or just running a 5k, its all down to the athetes fitness