Does height affect running?

Comments

• I love how threads end up being about food!

Ferdy....can i steal your baked raspberry cheesecake recipe? I've made raspberry (and once did white choc and raspberry) but never a baked one, sound yum!

And RP, a mars bar cheesecake, might have to steal that too!

I had an apple crumble cheesecake in a restaurant the other day, they served it with cream, was yum but i couldn't finish it, too much!

Over here i find that banana bread and pear & raspberry bread are really popular and they are so so yum, especially toasted with butter and jam, so good for breakfast and you get it everywhere here, it has to be a treat though, its like having cake for breakfast....

• Sydney - I used this recipe. I have a good banana bread one too but it's at home.

I'm off to have lunch now - all this talk about food has made me hungry!

• Oooh...any thread can be turned towards foodimage

Mmmm. apple crumble cheesecake, can't imagine that, but I guess it's lovely.  I can't eat much on a morning (just as well cos I make up for it during the day LOL)...so I couldn't be doing with all pastires and cakes and stuff too early.  I don't really like sweet breaksfasts either, not sure why.

When we went to the States last year it was all pancakes and syrup and really sweet stuff every morning.  I don't know how people can eat all that stuff so early...urgh!  Their pancakes are not nice like ours either...too stodgy....now there is a nice thing...pancakes with lemon and sugar....they are gorgeous!

• No i agree, its a nice afternoon tea type thing though....

Thanks Ferdy, you can always rely on the bbc for some good recipes. This is making me laugh as i'm not even eating stuff like this at the moment until i've lost the extra pounds i've gained over the past year but always good to have a few recipes under your belt!

Right, i'm actually going away in the morning and supposed to be packing now so i can get myself off to bed and dream about cake.....

• Where are you going?  Anywhere nice?
  • Sugar mice?  Can you still get those?image
  • I'm off to fraser island for the weekend (sandy island off the queensland coast) for lots of beach time, 4x4ing and camping, can't wait! Its 10pm here now and need to be up at 5am for flight so should get myself off to bed....

ah pancakes....i missed out on pancake day this year, i'll make a mental note to make up for that!

• Ah...have a great time Sydney...it sounds a fantastic way to spend a few days. Lucky you! 

PS...why do we only have pancakes on pancake day?  Does anyone have them any other time, cos I don't!

• You can't seem to find good pic'n' mix now we have lost good old Wooliesimage.  I must say, I did not shop there, ever...but man, the sweets....!

I have a sudden craving for a sherbert dip....I loved those.  I wish I was going to Fraser OR Thousand Island!

• Mmm Balsamic vinegar on fresh vine tomatoes with mozarella and fresh basil.....Mmmm!!  I like cheese and tomatoes, can you tell??

Yep, I am soooo bored, got to pass the time somehow.  What races you got coming up??

• BB ✭✭✭
    Right, I am blaming you lot....I was reading this thread earlier and drooling about all the cakes and stuff...now I am eating chocolate nut tiffin imageimage Still it has nuts and cranberries in, so must be very healthy...
  • LOL B......I do that all the time...I read about something on here, and then decide I NEED to eat it.....just had a Tunnocks Tea cake as it happens!

Never had Tiffin....it sounds good if it's got chocolate in it though!!!

• I have never been to a Pret....are they good?  Never been to Subway either...I obviously have not lived!

Got a 10k in afew weeks (Manchester)...a couple of other 10k's in the Summer too, and Berlin (mara) in September..in the Ballot for NY, but doubt I will get in, so thought I might have a bash at Abingdon instead.....though I have just heard on another thread there are only 100 places left, and NY don't let you know till June so not sure what to do!!  If I did do Abingdon it would be a month after Berlin....would that be ok?  I am fairly new to running as you know, but felt fine after Paris, and I know other people who were at Paris and did London.

Have you done Abingdon before?  What time did you get for Stratford (I daren't ask, because I know it will make mine look shit!!!!)

• BB ✭✭✭

Tiffin was very chocolatey - yummy! I have now moved on to licorice comfits - made me smile when I saw that they are made by "Panda" and have a black and white panda on the front and it says they have no artifical colours...so no red onesimage

• OMG I LOVE those!!  I know the ones you mean!!
  • x post!

Wow D2D...I had a sneaky feeling it would be a fantastic time...very well done, that is amazing! That time is a bit of a landmark time because I hear that's what you need to qualify for Boston! IN MY DREAMS!  Are you going to do that?  I know I would if I was as fast as you.

Yeah, Paris was expensive but lovely.  There were lots of nice things to look at on the course and I ran it all and took my time.  I felt great at the end too, but I was going a lot slower than you, and probably did not push myself as hard as I could have, but it's difficult when you are not used to the distance, and it was warm too....so all in all, can't complain.  I found it a lot easier than I thought (as I found the LSR's in training really sould destryoing and tough)....not that it was "easy" mind!

Have you never fancied doing one abroad?  I met some really nice people from here over there, we had a right laugh, a nice holiday atmosphere.  One of the blokes did it in 2.48...can you believe that??!

RP

• BB ✭✭✭
    Well done on the 3.45 D2D that's a brilliant time. I have entered Abingdon as I hear it's a quick course. I've only done one marathon before and that was Beachy Head which isn't really like a normal marathon as it involved walking up lots of ridiculously steep hills. I dream of a sub-4, but think that maybe a sub-4.30 is more realitistic for this one...but you never know, there's lots of training to go yet
  • ...And RP fantasicing about a fast marathon time LOL!

B..there is plenty of time, and you never know what could happen on the day.  I have stamina now (at last) but I find the LSR tough mentally, and I really need to try and do some shorter speedier stuff. I say go for it!

D2D ...How did you get so fast and what kind of mileage were you doing in prep for Stratford? I know what you mean about going abroad, I suppose there is plenty of time...you could get to do all the masters, how cool would that be?!  My poor hubby must be fed up of me and running holidays, being as every break we have planned this year is centered around running!!

• Do you mind about not being as fast as you could be??  With the volume of training you do, if you did it a bit more sensibly you could expect to go much faster!  Of course you might love the training you do for its own sake and not be too fussed about results (that's pretty much my approach).
  • Bloody hell...that is serious comittment.

Do you run every day without fail?  Do you never not "feel like it"...how about when the weather is crap...surely you must miss some days????!  Mind you, that's probably why you are nearly an hour faster per marathon than me....that dedication that I have not got!

Do your legs not feel tired running every day??? I need days off or I think I would end up injured or completely burnt out.  My longest training run was 20 miles, which I did twice....in the freezing cold.  Not great!

• What do you mean Candy?  3.45 for a woman is bloody fast!
  • not for that volume of training, for that length of time.  honestly!
  • Well I could only dream of that kind of time.