Does height affect running?

Comments

• Thanks, yes thats true, when the offer came through, i was living in a small town where i had lots of great friends and a good job but had just broken up with my boyfriend (we had the same group of friends) and i was 24 with no commitments so i went for it!

Funnily enough, the rest of our friends there are all settling down, getting married and having kids and now my ex is thinking of leaving there so looks like i had the right idea!

Have you seen i've just started a thread about my nightmare hosuemate? I needed a moan as she's becoming unbearable, she's just being purposely awkward and annoying and i think she wants to start an argument so i'm not giving her the satisfaction!

• Ooh...off to find other thread....Get one of those black widow thingy's and put it in her bed!!
  • D2D whats happened to your hip? Hope you can run soon!
  • Yuk...that's another reason I don't like swimming...no matter how many times I wash my hair I can not get the smell out, and yes, it is drying.

Good luck with you run.  Hope it is better soon.  It obviously must be feeling a lot better now....I doubt I could pull off that spider trick, it would involve actually getting close to the arachnid!!

• Oh no, hope your run tonight goes well and there's no pain!

• D2D - if you are still limping and on strong painkillers, please think about not running tonight. I know it's horrible because I've been there (3 months off with patellar tendonitis and 3 and a half with ITBS - they probably both would have healed quicker if I hadn't run on them!) but there's nothing worse than having to limp back home in tears knowing that you're probably just set your recovery back.

If you do run, don't go far and stop as soon as it starts to hurt. I like to think that I'll be running for the next 50 years (I'm 33 now) so a week or two off now and then isn't much in the grand scheme of things!

• LOL D2D - I have those 2 parts too! Hope it went OK for you.
  • Oh dear, sorry to hear thatimage.  Hope it goes ok at the physio today.
  • Sorry to hear that D2D. I hope the physio is able to give you some help. If it's still that painful after 4 days rest then I think you need to resign yourself to at least a couple of weeks off. But try not to worry - you really won't lose that much fitness in a couple of weeks - especially with the swimming.
  • Devoted2Distance wrote (see)

Even worse - these two runners (male) ran past me and didn't say a word. I was stood there holding my leg as if to say 'yeah. this is why i've stopped. i'm not lazy. i've just ran a marathon' and they just breezed past without a single glance.

Losers.

I wanted to kick them.

So if you saw some little girl stopped on the side of the road holding her leg, would you stop and say "there there dear don't worry i know your not lazy, you've obviously just run a marathon?"

Or would you just keep running?

• You bastard!  I bet you don't even run!  I'm leaving.  Goodbye forever.
  • Hang on, just to clarify, were you talking to me?
  • Good news!  Glad it's nothing to worry about.  What did he say about running, and when to go again?

LOL..Watch out Kate Mossimage

• No candy,  i wasn't talking to you, it was wasted anyway, coz the fish didn't bite.... image
  • Thats good news, glad its nothing serious. Lol about running like a supermodel, you can kind of see that in your avatar that your foot is straight infront.....

Its saturday morning here, i've majorly overslept, i'm always up by abou 7:30, even at weekends but it was 9:30 when i woke up this morning, so sitting in bed for a cup of tea then heading out for a run, this will be my first run for about 10 days! Not happy with myself but my trip was no conducive to running and then i came back ill....i'm such a wimp!

• 5'9'' here, and just need to drop about 1'2 stone to be at my perfect running weight, got a reasonable amount of muscle from other sports but I'd never get rid of it just for running, when i'm sub 40 minutes 10k and sub 1.40 for the half I'll be happy man
  • Good thanks, just the 5 miles but enjoyed it although it was warmer than i'd thought it would be!

Hope the run goes well tonight, please stop if it hurts at all though!

• And another run done this morning in horrific downpours, just 3.6 miles but glad to have got out again....trying to keep the consistency going as i've been pretty bad with this over the last year!

I saw on the other thread that you couldn't do your run, glad you didn't push it but sound like its getting better if its not hurting too much to walk now.

Don't feel as if this wipes out the last 5 years, you just need the break and then you'll be able to gradually build back up and you'll be back to where you were in no time. Listen to your body, it needed this rest!