why: it might help

last hard: tues

last easy: laying in this bed now

have a good day all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 

Comments

• Options

Morning peeps.

Wabo, not  you starting the thread again ?!

Wait till Gobi gets here...image

Gobi: You out running at 5.27 again this morning ? I was !

What: Usual 4.5 mile sin a heavy drizzle, warm though.

Lyrics: Yes.

Its pay day today, which is nice.

Read back time.

Have a good one peeps.

• Options
    mavamava ✭✭✭

morning all.

Thanks for the comments on the book.  I'm really no more sure about buying it though!  Any other suggestions of good reads welcome. My idea of heaven on holiday is to sit reading.  Can't wait.

40 minutes - my SPSS use is basic analysis  of some survey data.  Have to prep it and present simple stuff.  I enjoy it but a whole day of it and my brain goes on strike.

I normally get up at 5.15 and am usually running before 6.  Have to have my coffee first, then faff about... This morning though I had a 'lie in' - didn't get up till just gone 6.

What: 4 miles easy-ish
    Why: did hard yesterday
    Last hard: see above
    Last rest: 16 Feb

Felt as though I was crawling along with HR rather higher than I wanted.  Got home to discover I was going about 10-15 secs per mile faster than I thought.  No much but just goes to show I have absolutely no pace judgement!

now to work at home until the osteopath...

Have a good day all, specially if it's pay day.  I got paid on Monday  image

• Options
    GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Morning all

I was out on the bike and then taking the daughter to school:¬)

What: 12.73 miles on the bike d&d
    3-8 miles running at lunchtime
    ?? miles PM
    Gym
    Why: still being cautious with the running
    Last hard: Sunday
    Last rest: Friday 13th March

Andy

I have lived on 5-7 hours of sleep for as long as I can remember but when I feel really tired I sometimes have 8 hours :¬) My body just works on that amount.

Gobi
  • Options
    TippTopTippTop ✭✭✭

Morning folks.

Chin up Wabo.

mava - good luck with the osteopath. Re: books -> Barefoot Runner (about Abebe Bikila), Sonia, My Story (Sonia O'Sullivan) and Ultra Marathon Man (Dean Karnazes) are all good reads imo if you want a running related (auto)biography type read.

Mightos-5 - very nice pacing. Well done!

Gobi - lucky you. I find at the moment that 7 hours is nowhere near enough, but I always seem to run out of time to get more. Will have to start having early nights for the next few weeks.

What: 6m rec jog @ a Gobi-esque recovery pace / ~2hours at the slower end of easy pm.
    Why: keeping everything much slower today so I can get some answers tomorrow evening (see below).
    Last hard: Yesterday's 5km TT.
    Last rest: 17/03.
    Lyrics: No.

5km TT on track last night. Not quite sure what to make of this. It was hot and a bit windy, but felt pretty controlled all the same. The time was 16:44, which is a considerable drop on what I was doing a few weeks back, however the track was quite busy and I seemed to spend a lot of time in lane 2 or even lane 3 overtaking (was later than normal starting it, so everybody else was repping already when I started, whereas the last time I got the first few laps in whilst everybody else was still warming up), so it came up on the Garmin as 3.25m @ 5:09m/m which is a few secs per mile quicker than the last one of these I done on track..... Doing the same again tomorrow evening when the track should hopefully be quieter so should be able to work out definitively whether my TTs are starting to slip back or not.........

Have a great day all.

• Options

TT
    All I'd say is that GPS devices aren't great at measuring track work.  Get there when it's quiet, run in the middle of lane 1 & each lap is 400m - what more do you need to know?

Mava
    I used to be a statictician in an earlier life (but that doesn't make me a bad person!)  First used SPSS before Windows was around, it was a command based language then, lots of opportunity for weird mistakes and the felling of forrests for unintentionally large reports...

What:  At home looking after poorly no.2 son
    Why:  My turn!

May get out for a run later, if Mrs40 gets home nice & early.

• Options
    TippTopTippTop ✭✭✭
    40mins - totally agree. I guess it's more useful in context (i.e. assuming that they are equally accurate/inaccurate each time). The last one I done on track came up as 3.19m in 16:31, this was 13s slower, but 100m longer. The plan for tomorrow is indeed as you have suggested. I may even get there a little earlier to ensure it's completely empty, rather than waiting for club time......
  • Options
    Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Morning

40 minutes - Hope No 2 son feels better soon

TT - Garmin not very accurate measuring distance on the track

Mightos5 - Well done for Sunday excellent time especally with the conditions on the day

NZC - I can't belive Rotorua has come around so quickly

What: 3.17 miles easy/maybe something later
    Why: Easy recovery run
    Last Hard: Yesterday
    Lyrics: tip of my tongue

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭

tt chin back up I had a gentle 2 mile run on grass and it  felt so nice I am all better!

40 mins hope your boy gets better soon

• Options

Morning All (well afternoon here)

What: 7.2 miles d & d. at Comrades pace
    Why: Have no idea other than I like to run
    Last Hard: Today sweating out last nights indulgance
    Last Rest: Sunday

Lyrics: Yes

April Totals

290 miles
    7 Rest Days / life got in the way
    0 races
    5 runs in excess of 20 miles

22  miles planned for tomorrow at Gobi Oclock. Last long run prior to Comrades.

Found out today that a club mate from my second club won the M55 class at London in 2-49, impressive, to think that 5 years ago I could beat him!

• Options
    TippTopTippTop ✭✭✭

Good stuff Wabo image

DD - on a similar note..... one of my clubmates ran an amazing race on Sunday. 1st FV45 in 2:45:35, which puts her 4th on the all-time UK V45 ranking with the quickest FV45 time in 13 years. Also, one of the guys mentioned at club last night that it also puts her in the top 30 on the World all time FV45 rankings as well..... image In WAVA terms that's the equivalent of a bloke running 2:17:39 image

• Options

A'noon peeps.

Wabo: Well done for getting out today.

40mins: Get well soon to your son .

• Options

TT
    Yes, she's quick!  Races a lot as well, handy person to have in your club team...

• Options

Afternoon all,

Stickless/NZC:  I think it will probably be "Running with Camus".  He denied being an existentialist, but I like his ideas in the Myth of Sissyphus. 

DD:  If you keep up the MP long runs, you'll soon be beating your club mate again.

Mightos:  Great Report.  Great Run.  Great Time.  Well done!

• What:  8m
    • Why:  bass
    • Last Hard:  1/1
    • Last Rest:  16/3

Have a good one!

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭

my work mates have been looking at the results for flm and tell me I came 221 out of 665 my age group, not bad, then they told me the fastest lady in my age group did 2.53, then I passed out!!  However, as I told them, she has probably been a very fast runner, I have not! But 2.53, amazing.

• Options
    Ineresting article in the Mail.  Makes a change from:  house prices, health scares, asylum seekers, etc, etc, etc...
  • Options

mava - this is my favourite. A bit unusual, imagine that david attenborough was once a good runner and making a documentary about what makes certain animals built for endurance and throwing a few casual comments in about his own past and prep for a big race.

Read a few pages of that 'What I talk' book last weekend at my mates' place and it's easy reading, but didn't grab me.

Mightos-5 - excellent work on sunday!

DD - would sign on the dot to be still running marathons 27 years from now, but hopefully hit a few decent ones along the way!
    I think I'm more naturally middle distance material, but I hope to cover a wide range in future as in the past (last year I raced from 100m - bit of a laugh - to 10 miles)

What: waiting for my legs (left especially seems pulled by the cramping) to get back to me. Improving now.

• Options

What: 6miles easyish

Why: miles

Total for April: 110 miles.

Best monthly mileage so far this year, still below target of 125 but heading that way slowly image

Have a good day all

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭

april 115, well on target for my year goal which is 1200, think I am up to 452 3/4, in fact I am!!

Cycling to work nice and easy in the morning and I cant wait!! Not cycled for ages.

• Options
    Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭

Evening

Back from my second run of the day just shy of 6 miles, makes that 160 for the month, and best since January, so can't grumble

DD/TT - most impressed by your club mates very quick indeed

• Options
    Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭

AF - Good article think i shall save it and read it ater as work beckons

As it happens i bought this book the other day looks interesting though i haven't start it yet

• Options
    TippTopTippTop ✭✭✭

40mins - and she's very nice as well. Very well deserved.

Wabo - very nice on the top third image

AF - I've seen that article before. Like others here I have been training in racing flats solely for quite some time now and the difference in leg strength is immense.

I was supposed to do a 2 hour easy this afternoon, but because of the TT yesterday not going to plan and that I have another one tomorrow, I jogged 12miles instead, which leaves my monthly stats as:

Miles: 510.62
    Avg Pace: 6:59m/m
    Rest Days: 0
    Lowest Week: 105 (dislocated rib)
    Highest Week: 129 (a very slight 'pb')
    Average Week: 119.x
    Average Time per Day running: 1:58:59

That's got to be worth a bit of improvement in the aerobic conditioning stakes hopefully image

• Options
    mavamava ✭✭✭

evening all.

Thanks for the book suggestions.  I will have a look at them all.

April stats

Miles: just a tad under 154
    Rest days: none
    Races: 2
    PBs: none

Am at 518 for the year which is pretty good going for me. 

Have fun

• Options
    RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Greetings all,

What - 6m easy
    Why - Taper - 9 days to go til Halstead
    Last hard - Last week
    Last Rest - Yesterday

Miles for Apr 225

Take care

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭

wow pammie do you double up a lot?

Mava you are doing the every day,  fell off the wagon but  did like that, may get back to it soon.

oh  have a new laptop and because I have chunky fingers I am always setting italics, cant bother to nchange them this time, its also the reason I have started 3 days in a row.  Not tomorrow though as I will be on my bike at 5.30, so over to Gobi I reckon!

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭

ok  need an early night so lyrics today were One Day Like This, Elbow,  am singing it  all the time (grrrrrrrrr chunky fingers)!!!!!!

night all

• Options

Evening all,

What 5 easy

Why still easy

Last Hard: sunday

lyrics nope

Sposed to be going to San Antonio next Weds, might have to cancel

I called the swine flu help line, but got a bad signal, all I heard was crackling!

• Options

What: nil

Why: ouch.

As I can't sit down for long I'll have to stand near the bench.