A Day Off For Every Mile You Ran

2»

Comments

• You could do with some meat on your bones Mick! image

Sorbet isn't fattening. I've got some mango in!

• Meat on my bones image

BTW- i feel so proud to have had a hug from Little OLD Liverbird

what a chatterbox she is- she's lovely folkes, she cruised her first FM like a stroll in the park

• Love you Mick! image 

Less of the old, you! image

Anybody who wants to hug me after 26 miles must have a very stong constitution! image

• Waitrose sued to do the salmon and dill one (not sure why they discontinued it-it was brilliant)

Mrs Rug made a lovely lemon drizzle cake last night...but took it to work and now it's all gone..(

• meant 'used' rather than sued!
  • My coach at my running club has stated in the past that after a race (of any length) you take the same amount of days off from RACING, not running. So, if you've just done a marathon, don't RACE for 26 days.

However, if you feel like running after a marathon (or any race), there is nothing wrong with listening to your body, so if you feel like running then do so.

I don't listen to my coach image - I frequently run back to back races, most weekends and occasionally a race on the Saturday & then again on the Sunday.

But it's all dependent on how I'm feeling at that time, and everyone is different.

• Somebody should tell the 10 in 10 guys that.......image
  • DTD - Never eaten a pie?!?! imageimage

A tip tho. Avoid Fray Bentos image

• Ran London this year.  Ran Great West run 1 week later and hit a massive PB!

Trained for sub 4 LM and didn't push it, so hit sub 4 with a few minutes to spare.  Training, certainly towards the end, was prob 3:45 training, but wouldn't have felt any confidence in going that fast on the day.  Didn't fell like I had anything more to give at the finish though and was tight and knackered for the days after.

Rested for 1 week.  Thought about going out for a gentle 3/4 miles on Thursday, but thought better of it.  Did plenty of stretching, plenty of resting and plenty of eating!

Great West 1/2M was a breeze compared to marathon training distances.  Flew by, with the thoughts that I'd completed LM with a PB sub 4!  Was able to push it all the way round.  Was hoping sub 1:45 and hit sub 1:41!

I just think that you need to try and listen to your body, make sure you're well fueled and well rested and not carrying any significant tightness or injuries.  For me I was probably fitter that following Sunday than I am now, a few weeks later, after too many pies, pizzas and cake!