Abingdon Marathon

1151617181921»

Comments

• Beders

Thanks for all you've done to get so many people a place (including me).

What number will you be wearing at the race?

SD

• Hello Beders and Slow Duck

I'm looking forward to seeing you both there. Beders, I am glad you are up for this - I will be able to thank you in person for your help in getting several of my friends in to this (including Slow Duck).

It will be good to see you again Slow Duck. I will be held up by my costume, and will probably be near 5 hours myself. I am wearing the number 100, to mark my 100th marathon. I will not go un-noticed!

Getting anxious now, there are so many people on the main Abingdon thread with sickness and injury problems. A girl at work is coughing all over the place, and it is a small office. However, I will NOT allow anyone to stop me running Abingdon!

All the best to everyone.

No Blue Legs  x

• Hi No Blue Legs

Near 5 hours sounds like my sort of pace!

Make sure that the "sickies" keep their distance next week...

See you on Sunday.

SD
  • Loads of us forumites are running Abingdon only because of  Beders' hard work with the RW Abingdon Waiting List and all the paper pushing and emails that has involved.

I thought it would be great if we could have some kind of thankyou collection, and am more than happy to bring along a bucket for donations and convert cash given to vouchers for a running shop, or whatever else might be appropriate.

Is there anyone supporting who would be able to mind the bucket (as it were) and commit to being in a certain place at the start/finish so RW people know where to find it?
    I would do so myself, but thanks to Beders, I will be otherwise occupied on the course!  image

• HI Runner-bean, I agree with you 100% on the collection for Beder's as if it wasn't for him I wouldn't be running on Sunday so I am more than happy to make a donation.

I hope everyone is enjoying the tapering. I am starting to get nervous as usual, the same old things are running through my head, can I do a good time etc, I ask myself all the time why do I put myself through it.

Just a reminder if anyone is looking for a B&B details on one avaliable are below:

B&B Rafters, Abingdon Road
    Marcham, Oxfordshire
    OX13 6NU, UK
    Tel +44 (0)1865 391298
    <a href="http://www.bnb-rafters.co.uk/" title="blocked::http://www.bnb-rafters.co.uk/">www.bnb-rafters.co.uk</a>

• Hey RB, what a nice thought but honestly just knowing how I've made a load a people happy is thanks enough...well perhapos a cup of tea and a slice of cake after won't go amiss, no beer I'm afraid, a long drive back to Leeds means it probably won't be a good idea.

I'm number 221 SD, no doubt you'll notice me, the short chubby one who sounds like a rather loud cocknet barrow boy (despite living opp north for 27 years !!)

NBL and SD, looks like I might have a bit of company on the 5ish hours get you round squad, to be honest just finishing will be a major result for me in view of the minimal running I've been doing since May

let's hope the weathers nice, wouldn't mind a bit of a suntan

cheers

beders 

• Runner-bean,

Great idea.

Beders,

I'm number 110. See you on Sunday!

SD
  • Hi Beders

I went for a 1.5 mile jog in my costume last Sunday. I think 0 degrees might be a bit warm for me! I love the sun and always hope for it to be as warm as possible, but I need this one to be a little chilly!

I'm number 100, in a little pink number and grey hair! Oh my goodness - what am I doing?

I look forward to seeing you all there - I think!

• Piranha, Fast Legs, Slow Duck, do you have anyone supporting who would be able to look after the collection?  (I'm on my own, so can't and the marshalls won't be able to: I checked).

Beders, there's a lot of us out here who are so grateful to you.  If we all got you a bit of cake, you'd be EXTREMELY fat!!!
    Hadn't realised you are ferom Leeds.  I visited there for the first time last weekend, looking at the university with my daughter.  What an impressive city!
    Really glad you are going to be at Abingdon, and look forward to meeting you!

• Runner-bean, I'm afraid I'm turning up on my own too...
  • Thanks for letting me know. There must be someone just supporting?
  • Collection for Beders

All those wanting to give a contribution to Beders to thank him for all his hard work in getting so many of us Abingdon places, look out for LJB1 in red and black Fetch top, (or me in red Glos AC jacket), holding a grey bucket tomorrow!
    All contributions will be converted to vouchers/gift or whatever Beders would prefer!

Thanks so much, Beders!!  We are so grateful.  Have a good run tomorrow! image

• I hope you all enjoyed today, and I'm sorry to have missed so many of you.  If anyone would like to give anything for Beders and didn't find me today, (not many did), then email me via RW, and I'll let you have my address!
  • Hey RB, no worries about the collection, loads of people came up and said thanks which is more than enough. Managed to jog round in 4.34, never thought I'd be pleased with a PW but what a great race, big big thanks to all the super supportive marshalls and great race organisation, gotta be best marathon in the UK

thanks again everyone

cheers

beders

• meant to say hi to slow duck, no blue legs and everyone else I spoke to ! top race ! 
  • Hi Beders, it was great have your company for during the run.

Thanks once again for getting me in.

SD
  • I'm really sorry not to meet you, Beders.  I spoke to Fast Legs and postie postie, and looked out for you at the finish, but a bit too late.
    Really glad you enjoyed your run, and had a good day.
    Thanks so much for enabling me (and loads of others) to run today.  What a great race! 
    Are your injury issues sorted now?  Really hope so!

Thanks again!  image