Sat 02nd May 2009

RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

... but you couldnt see me

Off to run in the SML today (5000m) and help with it all as is a home meeting.

TT - LOL this will be my 11th Mara, Taper is going well and I have taper madness...

Take care

Comments

• TippTopTippTop ✭✭✭

Morning folks.

RFJ - oops, sorry mate, you've told me that before too. I'm afraid my brain is not fully functioning at the moment (even by it's normal erratic standards!) image

Gobi - my longest ever streak is 50 days, which I will marginally pass before a rest-day next Friday. At the moment the idea of not running for a whole day just seems completely wrong. God knows how I'll get through taper.....

What: 11m gentle jogging with 2 x 10 x 100m hill sprints (3mins between sets) d&d / 6m rec pm.
    Why: Schedule.
    Last hard: this am - I really enjoy all the speedwork I'm doing, so I feel bad calling it hard (if that makes sense?).
    Last rest: 17/03.
    Lyrics: No.

2 x 3k TT on track last night with 5mins (drink/jog) recovery. Times were 9:47 and 9:53 which confirmed what I (and I think my coach) expected from the last few sessions - I'm in good nick aerobically, but leg speed is a limiting factor at the moment (possibly partially mileage related). Still, I could have worse problems I guess image

Good luck to all racers and have a great day folks image

• Morning,

Not been around for several days due to a very nice holiday in Amsterdam, so completely out of touch with what everyone is doing.  Had a great break, though, including being in Amsterdam on Queen's Day which is the very definition of organised chaos - with the emphasis on chaos.  I have never seen so many people in one place and they were nearly all wearing orange!  But the Dutch sure know how to party...

Haven't run anywhere since Stratford Marathon last weekend, but have walked miles (and miles) around Amsterdam.  Calves are sore, but more from walking than from any after effects of last weekend.

What: 5.5M soon
    Why: to see if I can still run
    Last hard: last Sunday
    Last rest: all last week (but see above)

Time to re-think running goals.  Overall, disappointed not to break 4 hours last weekend, but have promised Mrs SGQ that was my last marathon.  So, I think the focus now moves to breaking the 100 minutes for the half-marathon.  Plenty of time to think about it, though, as I don't run well in the heat so have never bothered to enter races in June-August.  Next targets will, I think, be Cricklade and/or Swindon half-marathons in Sept/Oct - normally only a week apart, so probably can't go for good times in both.  Cricklade is first and flat, Swindon is second and hilly, so I think that's that decision made...

Will try to catch up with everyone's running later.

• 40 minutes40 minutes ✭✭✭

Morning all from sunny Devon.

Tried a couple of big hills this morning, first time since my comeback, with the benefit of a lovelly ridge run between them.  So -

What:  6+ hilly miles
    Why:  More building

Longer run tomorrow.

• OOh, Cricklade HM, must check the dates. I want a good HM this year, so I'll need to attack a few of the I reckon.

Heaven only knows how Ronhill managed to run every day. I presume he must have mashed his back at some time. Any running now would slow the repair regime. Big picture and all that. Shocked to see the weight has crept (raced) up to 12st 2lb already. I consider my weight to be 11-7 when in training, and 11-4 for pb racing. 12-00 to 12-02 is my unfit-and-I-don't-care weight.

TippTopp you are sounding like you are on form. It's there and it's waiting for the occassion. Hold that tiger!

40 mins: please send us a dollop of sunny shine up the Counties. Thanks. Good to see that you're making the progress again.

SGQ: It sounds like a plan to me. I think that we should pitch you against 40min in a head to head race. What do you reckon?

• mavamava ✭✭✭

greetings from sunny Kent. Gorgeous out there again.

What: 3.1 miles 'easy'
    Why: junk miles
    Last hard: that was never gong to be easy after the Rioja I drank last night
    Last rest: 16 Feb

Went to dinner with friends last night - chilli,  followed by cheesecake and washed down with industrial quantities of wine. Sore head and unhappy guts today!  Totally predictable consequences but probably worth it!   

This is definitely my longest streak - 75 days. But of course I run few  miles than most of the rest of you and much more slowly.  

Enjoy your Saturday. 

• mavamava ✭✭✭

oh yes, meant to say to any of you here in the South East - if you fancy a challenging multi-terrain race in beautiful surroundings, consider the Sevenoaks 7 next weekend.  It's our club's race and it's a toughie.  I'm marshalling this year but would be doing it if they hadn't made me feel guilty!

• Morning all,

Holly:  Come on, give us a FLM report!

• What:  10m
    • Why:  bass
    • Last Hard:  1/1
    • Last Rest:  16/3

Have a good bank holiday!

• Blisters - I reckon 40mins has the edge at the moment.  Well, actually, he's substantially faster.  But I like a difficult target to aim at...
  • Hi all

Back from the beach, have been attacked by kids in the pool all day. Plus side is that when they went to sleep at 2000 last night so did I, 12 hours of undisturbed bliss!

What: 4 miles tempo later at the DRR TT
    Why: Haven't been for ages
    Last Hard: Monday
    Last Rest: Sunday

Yesterdays Lyrics. Bright side of the road Van Morisson.

• Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

Greetings from Sunny Essex

Busy night last night wasn't relishing todays run thought i'd be tireder (is that a word) than yesterday, 10:40 for first mile before geting in my stride

At just before 3 miles along river i spy a cargo ship opposite me i used to play ship fartlek at times, racing the ships and boats is most fun although they are faster. so i try to keep pace with this ship it moves ahead of me but i don't give up this lasts about half a mile before we go our seperate ways

What: 5¼ miles
    Why: mileage
    Last Hard: Wednesday
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Report from SML (Andover) 5000m

Really good run, hard but very rewarding, 5th from 15, Winner of B String Match 1. 0.41, 1.23, 1.22, 1.23, 1.24, 1.25, 1.26, 1.26, 1.27, 1.26, 1. 27, 1.27, 1.23 - 17:46 and very happy. (as PB on the road is 18:14 and previous (but old) track PB was 19:15.

Take care

• TippTopTippTop ✭✭✭

RFJ - well done. Very impressive improvement on top of what was already very impressive improvement. Will be interested to see how the mara pans out.

Pammie - I like the idea of ship fartlek image

Cheers Blisters. Not on form yet, but things are looking better than they have done for a while image Re: weight - it always shoots up after a mara temporarily as your body regroups and repairs. Don't worry about it, it'll even out soon enough I'd expect.