Your oldest PB

I have a PB from July last year (I only really started running in Jan 08), it is from the Woodland 5 mile & a bit race series....50.37..with a WAVA of 44.25 - I am not too happy with this being on my personal best page.

This year`s series of races starts on the 27th May and so my aim is to smash, rip up in tiny pieces, destroy, chop down that time. 

So what`s your oldest PB & what are you going to do about it?

Comments

• I did a mile in 5:35 when I was13, that's 25 years ago....not sure I'd have any chance of getting close nowerdays - closest I've managed is 6:26 in a mile race (though I did do sub 6 for the first mile at GNR in 2007 image)

Going off my WAVA scores my best pb is 7.5 miles - 72.92%

Worst is my 800m pb @ 47.95% - guess I may give that a go in this years veterans track league image

• which league are you in Vicki. First one for us is this Monday at Lee valley, North London and Herts league.

As for old PBs, I once did sub 60 for a 400 when I was at school. I could probably just about get under 1.10 now. Probably pull a few muscles trying though

• Unfortunately,all my PB's are now over 10 years old and as I'm now 50,I don't expect to better any of them again.

There comes a point when you've just got to accept that PB's are out of reach and reset your goals to set 5 year PB's for instance.It's frustrating,but the thing about running is that ultimately,the stopwatch doesn't lie.The good thing is that if anything,racing is even more enjoyable without the self-induced pressure of going after PB's every time.

• North East league - our first meeting is on the 18th image

I'm happy to aim for pbs in my vets category 

• My first marathon, Luton in 1999 3h 46m  aiming to better that this year though
  • My pbs date back to 2004-2005 (10K 45:30, half mara 1:36:15 and marathon 3:55 something). I've come close to them over 10K a couple of times but am unlikely to beat them now. I started running in 2000.

However, next year I slide (dis)gracefully into the MV50 category, so I'll probably reset the clock and see what pbs I can set before I get to MV60.

• I know which of mine is going to stand for the longest. 2007 5K Santa dash with stopwatch timing. I ran it roughly 6 minutues faster than I'd done one before, and my 13 year old beat me by 8 minutes!!

We're convinced it was a short course, so unless my speedwork improves drastically that's never going to be bettered.

• My 10k, 10 mile, Half and Marathon PBs all date back to 2004.

What am I going to do about it? Couldn't care less about the shorter three at the moment but that 4:10 is getting smashed next Spring. Training all summer to have a good crack at Beachy Head (no chance of a PB there) and then carry on training and improving through the winter. And lose about a stone as well.

• I set my half marathon PB (1:40:14) in my first ever half marathon 8 years ago. I didn't even train properly and had no idea what I was getting into so just went out and ran. I've got close to it a couple of times but never beaten it. I probably won't now either as pesky life keeps getting in the way of training and though I've only aged 8 years, I feel like I've aged 20.image
  • I personally do PB's per race as every race is slightly differant but my best 10k dates back to 1996 (33.30) but in my defence i did give up racing that year until 2005. Set my marathon PB last year (2.48) but it was my first.
  • My PB's - oohh hell

Pushing Phillip ( in wheelchair )

5 mile 38mins - 2006

10k 46:30 - 2004

10 mile 1:18 - 2004

13.1 mile 1:43 - 2004

20 miles 2:58 - 2006 ='d some weeks ago

FM 4:03 - 2006

really just don't see any of then being beaten

• Most of those times are better than my current ones, without pushing a teenager in a wheelchair!

<thud>

• my first race was november 2007 so my oldest PBs are all 2008 image
  • My solo PB times were some 23 years ago

10k - 34 mins

10 mile - 61 mins

13.1 miles - 1:21

FM - 2:52

my mileage in those days was at times 100 miles a week- ok, those days have gone now, and i'm 51 in a few days - but i have happy memories of it all

even happier still knowing i'm still at it all only pushing Phillip  

• Good running micknphil.......keep it up you deserve a Knighthood
  • Ironman

thankyou , that's so nice of u

hope u re well

mick

• No problem mate
  • Snowball's chance in hell

Ultra Iron wolf - i just luv the way u put that image

• My oldest PB is from 2005. It's for 2 miles which is such an odd distance not sure when I'll get the chance to run it again. I'm sure I could smash it though as I've improved a lot since then.
  • Nemo

That's fighting talk - that's good !

• don't lock your old pb's up too tightly! All mine were from 1991-1996 and well out of reach or so i thought.

last 12 months has seen every distance apart from 5 miles rewritten

freak stuff does happen!

• Mr. K. wrote (see)

I have a PB from July last year (I only really started running in Jan 08), it is from the Woodland 5 mile & a bit race series....50.37..with a WAVA of 44.25 - I am not too happy with this being on my personal best page.

This year`s series of races starts on the 27th May and so my aim is to smash, rip up in tiny pieces, destroy, chop down that time. 

Well I ran it last night and ok the course may have been a bit shorter but I finished with a time of 41.55 (WAVA 53.83). 

Getting there - Was the 1st in the series of 3 & hopefully I can go sub 40.00 with fresh legs.... 

• Woodland 5 is that Finch coasters series ?
  • Nicko - Yes that`s right, the next one is on the 24th June & then the final one is one 29th July.

• Ahhhhhh I remember them well when lived in Reading {Reading roadrunner}. Parking outside the walls of Broadmoor hospital thinking I hope they don't spot me image