saturday 9th may 2009

WaboWabo ✭✭✭

When Lights Close Their Tired Eyes.
what wabo again????

what: possibly a 5 mile handicap race in which the handicapper seems to think I am someone else, someone fast!!

why: totm may stop me

last hard: last night hilly bike ride 22 miles

last easy: weds

have a good day all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 

Comments

• mavamava ✭✭✭

good morning

Mightos5 - missed you off my congrats for a race yesterday.

The  lyrics ring bell but can't quite bring the title to mind.

What: 3 slooooow miles
    Why:  alcohol
    Last hard: running this morning
    Last rest: 16 Feb.

Lots to do today.

Another plug for all of you in the South East of England  - the Sevenoaks 7 takes place tomorrow, 10.30am in Knole Park.   Great race but very challenging.  I'll be marshalling as the Race Director put us on the spot!  I guess we have to help the club out every now and then! 

Have a good day peeps.

• TippTopTippTop ✭✭✭

Morning folks.

SD - nice. All set for it?

RFJ - good luck for Halstead. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out image

Blisters - good to hear Cricklade is fast. There's one of my clubmates hoping to get a champs start for VLM for next year to give us a champs team (for the first time I can ever remember) and that is one on his potential list.

Wabo - good luck for the 5m if you do it. Cracking choice of lyrics image

What: 6m rec jog.
    Why: All I'm allowed ahead of a hard long run tomorrow.
    Last hard: not running yesterday.
    Last rest: yesterday.
    Lyrics: Yes.

Have a good day all!

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

yeah these lyrics are from a favourite tune, just to show how varied is my music!!! sooooooooo different from yesterdays!!

5m race doubtful, not even managed tai chi!

• Morning chaps and chappesses

What: Nothing
    Why: Because I've not had a rest day in a while
    Last hard: Yesterday because of 25mph winds
    Last Rest: Last Friday
    Lyrics: what lyrics?

Today going to try and enjoy myself watching the football. The sun is struggling to come out but that's ok, if only it was this calm yesterday I would have had a nicer run and possibly one today too. Will try and get out to avoid being on the internet, it's good for the mind to get away for a bit. Enjoy your day!

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    hi twiix!!!!
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Twiiix - at the top pf the pag for the lyrics... a liitle game, (the ans is not given till the end of the day)

As usual I dont have a clue on the Lyrics....

just about to pack up and head of to Essex for a little Mara tomorrow,

Take care all

• Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

RFJ - May have missed you, but the best of luck to you.

Welcome Twiix

What: 8.35 miles soon
    Why: Easy miles
    Last Hard: Yesterday trying to run at a higher but still aerobic HR
    Lyrics: Not yet

Sees ya laters
  • Morning all,

Wabo:  Cream or Jimi?

Hi twilix

RFJ:   Be awesome tomorrow. 

Intereseting stuff on various mara runner's training in AW.  From Wanjiru who reckons he does 75mwp and has a rest when it rains!  To Bendict Whitby (2nd Brit FLM) who ran 2:30 off 50mpw, 2:22 off 70mpw and 2:18 off 90mpw. 

• What:  11m
    • Why:  Recovery
    • Last Hard: 1/1
    • Last Rest: 16/3

Have a good one!

• TippTopTippTop ✭✭✭

Welcome Twiix.

AF - I'd assumed Cream personally as that's the cd I've got. Wasn't aware of Jimi covering it. Oh, on the bloods btw, I've had my results back now. Turns out Iron Haemoglobin is a little low, but still just about ok for now, Iron Ferritin is very low and B12 is also very low. Not sure how that relates to haemo-dilution, but it certainly means there is room for improvement in my running if I can get those levels back up.

• TT:  haemo-dilution is normally indicated by low haemo, but normal ferratin; you have the iron stores (ferratin), but the red blood count is low due to the extra plasm volume.

• TippTopTippTop ✭✭✭
    Cheers for that AF. I've basically got the opposite problem then, normalish haemo, but low ferritin. Time to go googling methinks.....
  • 40 minutes40 minutes ✭✭✭

Afternoon all.

10K race this evening, not anticipating a sparkling performance due to sleep deprivation (no.1 son went walkabout with his mate until 2:30am) and all the training lost to my achilles.  Fun to pin a number on again, and good to test where I am.  Looking forward to it in an odd sort of way, although I really don't like the course!

Profile is hilly

Will post later.

• Afternoon All

Well survived the ski dome and git in two mhours of good skiing. Didn't avoid the hangover that went with the 40th B'day but what the heck. Have just spent all day at the water park hurtling down some very scary water slides with DD1, hangover at least has gone but knackered.

What: A bit fat zero
    Why: Tapering
    Last hard: Yesterday, a hard 21K, two hours skiing and a piss up.
    Last Rest: Today

Have just be appointed for a casualty in the Maldives, oh dear might have to go myself!

Have fun

• Afternoon,

Think I can safely say that  recovery from Stratford a couple of weeks ago is now well under way.  Because:

What: 11.25M
    Why: longest run since Stratford
    Last hard: well, today certainly wasn't, so must be Stratford
    Last rest: Thursday

Felt really good today.  Set off at a sensible pace and just got faster as the miles went by.  Rather strangely, my legs seemed to feel a bit tired from Stratford and really strong at the same time!  Enjoyed every step.

• Afternoon all,

AF: to be fair, Sammy W doesn't run hard sessions in bad weather because he doesn't like seeing slow times, rather than having a proper rest day. I've got an article somewhere I'll try and dig out for you.

Blisters: I'm working on it, though I suspect you'll be through 24 mins before april next year!

What: 20m off road in 2:34
    Why: Blisters made me image

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

hiya and hello to twiix

Early run today - up and out at 6:15, notched up 14 easy miles with 2 pals, in 1h50ish

Tomorrow running the Alton 10. Not expecting anything special (although did run my pb there 5 years ago). Just going to take it easy and hopefully get under 70mins. One of two 10 milers in club champs so just after a respectable time.
    never know though, sometimes you get the result when you least expect it!

Have a super evening

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    What: cycling 20 miles
    Why: I'm a crock and needed a break from swimming
    Last hard: everyday is hard
    Last rest: Friday 13th March
    Last non swim: Friday 8th May
    Last non cycle: Saturday 3rd May
    Day since I last ran: 7
    Lyrics: er no
  • NZChristineNZChristine ✭✭✭

Blisters/Stuart Little - good to see you both keeping each other honestimage

Quick post.

What: 5km xcountry Pukekohe - 2 laps, 4 hills per lap - very windy - fine for 1st lap, faded 2nd lap, heel still sore but not when racing - probably too much else to think about - like why was I thereimage

Son climbed Ben Nevis today - turned up in tights - old guy said where's the wet weather gear? Had to make a purchase  -  fresh snow - had to be done - highest Munro and as our surname is Munro - say no moreimage another challenge completed before he comes home in July.

Good running everyone.

• Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭

NZC - well done to your son. Like his style

Well done on the race, maybe you land more forefoot when racing.

• 40 minutes40 minutes ✭✭✭

NZC - Congrats to son for Ben Nevis

Quick report on Ivybridge 10K - I can't race hills (on reflection, not surprising as I've hardly trained on any since October!) - but job done.  In advance I decided sub-45 would be reasonable and came in with 43:43 (on my watch) which is exactly the same time as my first 10K about 6 years ago!

Wasn't happy with the race while doing it, largely because I couldn't find my "racing head" and got beaten by quite a few runners that I normally beat, but on reflection it was OK.

Full race report tomorrow, and some thoughts on expectations for Wednesday's 5K and next weekend's 10K...

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

lyrics were Sunshine of your love, Cream